1,025 results
All reviews complimentary stay airport shuttle hotel provided free shuttle metro station burj khalifa
Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

A late inbound flight to Dubai meant I missed my connection and Emirates rescheduled me for another flight with a 12h stopover. The airline made a room and food available at this hotel which looks like its main purpose is stopovers. Definitely not a destination for a vacation but a clean, comfortable and fuss free place to sleep away the hours.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Wide variety of food at convenience, the hotel has been designed perfectly for a transit guest. They provide nice city tour and the staffs were helpful. Definitely will come back to this hotel during my next visit.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank AHGKumar
Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

Due to Emirates being incapable we missed our connection and were put up in this hotel. The free shuttle picked us up and the hotel staff checked us in as quickly as possible. Rooms were basic and could do with being updated but as we were only in them for 5 hours they were ok

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

Emirates flight landed 2 hours late and so we missed our onward connection. We were told no problem that we’d be sent to a hotel at Emirates cost until check in for our flight at 2.45am the next day. The Copthorne is the hotel of choice you get sent to, along with hundreds of other displaced travellers. It’s a 10 minute transfer from the airport. The check in queue was nearly an hour. You then have to join a separate queue to get a wi-if password. Word of warning, the hotel doesn’t offer free wi-if and its around £10 for 24 hours to buy. As a goodwill gesture if you are at the hotel because it’s their mistake this charge is waved.

When we finally arrived at check in the receptionist verged on rude. I’m sure she was having a bad processing so many guests but manners cost nothing.

The room was in Wing III. It smelt damp and of mildew, so we immediately turned off the air-con and that helped. The bed linen was dirty, there is no tea/coffee making facilities and they provide you a single towel between 2 of you. The toilet didn’t flush, just filled with water upto the brim. High risk of overflow.

We had complimentary lunch and dinner. The hummus and flat breads were great. The cooked dishes such as vegetarian curry also good. Very much canteen style and they wanted you in and out. I observed the people next to me being asked to leave the minute they’d finished as they needed to set up the table again.

I would’ve been disappointed if I’d paid money to stay here. It was OK as somewhere free as it was better than the airport for a 17 hour delay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

I was offered a complimentary hotel stay by Qantas due to the length of my stopover (9 hours) on the way from Australia to London. Having read previous comments about this program, Dubai Connect, I was a bit doubtful but gave it a go.

There was almost zero guidance given within the airport about what to do or where to go. After speaking to a few staff, we worked out that you have to go out through passport control, showing your hotel voucher (which was provided when we checked in at departure). You then wander around lost for a while until, in the distance, you see a small sign above a desk near an exit which reads 'Emirates Dubai Connect'. A woman at this desk waved us over to a group of seats and told us to wait for the transfer bus.

After a little while she came over and told us that the bus had arrived outside, and we were escorted out to a small mini bus. This then took us to the hotel, where we were able to check in and given a room. This process took about 1 hour in total.

Our room was a decent size with twin beds. It was clean and the beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was also clean with fluffy towels and lots of hot water (previous reviews have complained of no hot water, so this was a happy discovery).

Breakfast was included, and consisted of a decent buffet in the restaurant.

We were able to have a shower, sleep for a few hours and get a meal, thanks to Qantas. The hotel gave us a wake up call, we got the minibus transfer back to the airport with plenty of time to catch our flight, and felt rested at the end of the experience.

Although this is not a hotel I'd chose for a holiday getaway, as a place to rest and freshen up on a stopover it ticked all the necessary boxes.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple