4,326 results
All reviews la turca rixy club ultra all inclusive package senior suite chill bar premium room personal trainer buffet restaurant special thanks beach bar guest relations main restaurant amazing holiday family holiday amazing hotel sun loungers private beach
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The travel agency suggested me this hotel as it was just open since few months, I checked the comments on Tripadvisor and despite the fact that some reviews were not positive I decided to go and see by myself. I go once a year to Dubai so I am quite familiar with the high standards and quality that 5* hotels provide in Dubai.

I arrived late and I did not had any problems to check-in. The room was big enough and very well decorated. The bathroom was just a dream!!!!! Luxurious bath products (Bulgari), rain shower.
The only negative aspect of the room were the curtains, there were not long enough in order to cover the windows and prevent the blue light from outside to illuminate the room. The technician was already aware and told me that new curtains were already ordered and that this problem was going to be solved. A very nice music was playing in the corridor, what I could not imagine is that the music will be so loud that you will hear it in the room. I called the reception and they told me that it will stop at 3am - After 6 hours flight and 1 hour drive from the airport it was not the best answer I was expecting. I mentioned it to Ali (Guest relation agent) and they turn down the volume and at the end of my trip there was no more music in the corridor- maybe too extreme - as the music was quite nice but no need to put the volume at the maximum :-)

Be just aware that the hotel as an outside disco and that the sound is terribly loud so it can disturb your sleep on Thursday's nights :-)

In the morning I went to the breakfast buffet and I have to say that I have stayed in several hotels in the Emirates and I had better breakfast buffets with more variety and choice, but nothing to say about the quality, everything was good.

As the main purpose of my trip was to relax, I went to the beach. The hotel has a perfect beach and Badel is always happy to provide you with some extra towels, cold towels during the day to refresh.

The Rixos hotel as the advantage to have "only" 261 rooms wich makes it perfect for people wanting to escape from crowded hotels as you can found them in Dubai.

I was a little bit surprised by the comments about the location, do people not check before making reservation??????? The fact that Rixos the Palm is at the end of the West Crescent makes it a perfect location for those that want to escape from Dubai City but still be able to reach it in less that 30 minutes. The view that you have from the Rixos is Amazing, from one side you see Burg Al Arab and on the other you have the Atlantis, right now is the only hotel offering such view!!!!!! The hotel offers you shuttle bus to the Mall of Emirates and there are taxis outside waiting as well. As the metro reaches the Atlantis you can as well go up to the Atlantis and take the metro.

The dinner buffet was good but still too much oriented "arabic". As I mentionned to Ali the hotel has to provide more variety. The turkish bread is FANTASTIC!!!!!!
The negative point I mentioned to Ali was that the restaurant is open not only to the guests but as well to clients and some guests were able to come to dinner in sandals and swim wears. The lady at the entrance should notify the guests that this is not an acceptable wearing.

During the dinner, it was nearly hard to speak as 2 musicians were playing guitar and violin. I can understand that Russians are very receptive to that but the hotel has to know that not only Russians come to Dubai and that the dinner is a moment for conversations and relax. I was really surprised that on my last days the muscians were not there anymore :-)
I have to congratulate the waiters as there were excellent and they are very professionals.

The hotel offers you the possibilty to train with a professional tennis player who is very charming ;-)

In conclusion, the hotel has still some areas to improve but has the capacity and the staff to do it. I will defintely come back next year!!!!!

Room tip: I prefered the rooms located on the south side
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
7  Thank Cocotte011
Ozgur C, Manager at Rixos The Palm Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel and your kind comments which will be passed on to the team. We have taken note of your points regarding the in house music and already made the necessary adjustment.

Thank you once again for your constructive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at Rixos The Palm Dubai.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Another 5 star property in Dubai opened. What can it possibly offer that is not yet on on offer? We had only a one night stay due to some business up in Dubai, but ... we got it! It is the diversity of the team members that are very friendly throughout and compliment very well to the 'cool' vibe. Think lounge beach bar for better relaxing day, and party night time, ample private cabanas around the pool, sun lounges even on your balcony, etc. Then the location. At the end of the crescent you actually feel like being on your private island yet overlooking a great skyline and being in the midst of Dubai's buzz. Overall a very enjoyable stay - and as we saw in the evening kids having fun at the kids outdoors disco: we already decided we have to bring our kids here and have some leisure time only. Looking forward to be back!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Karima a
Ozgur C, Manager at Rixos The Palm Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Dear Mrs. Karima,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed the Rixos hospitality during your stay in Dubai.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back at Rixos The Palm Dubai hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Rixos is a good Turkish hotel brand, known for great hotels around the world; I been many of them. I stayed 4 hotels at Dubai, all of them are 5 star hotels but i can tell you that this is the worst one even it is one of the most expensive hotels in the city.

The Turkish staff is helpfull and well trained. They try to help you about everything but the 'cheap' staff is terrible. At hour first day at dinner, the welcomer lady in the restaurant came with a strange question "Are we expecting you?!" than she asked do we have a reservation; even the restaurant is more than half empty. Finnaly she think of it is better to ask if we are staying in the hotel or not?.

Restaurants in the hotel was 2 foot far from each other if you ask for the menu of the near restaurant if the waiter is in his mood he can weather accept or reject but their moods changes rapidly cause we got 2 diffrent responses just in 5 hour. When you are near the pool if you ask for a menu its no matter if you are 12 person or more they bring just 1 menu, even if you warned them before about the same thing.

Dubai is an expensive city but the hotel was way above. A la cart is 70 dolar at lunch and 90 dolar at dinner. In %90 percent of Dubai restaurants you can both eat and drink till you get stuffed for that much money. The spa is also too much expensive that the cheapest regular massage is more than 100 dolar.

The consignee was total rubbish that they can't even make you a proper reservation. We went to Armani Club and Okko at two diffrent nights. In both clubs we got the same answer "You don't have a name on the reservation list". So you better do yourself.

The hotel is in the deepest point of The Palm so if you are planing to go out of the hotel regularly everytime to go around near Khalifa or city center you need 30 mins. Also beware about the taxis remeber to call a Dubai taxi. Because the vale at the entrance offer you a infiniti taxi and tell you that there is a small diffrence about 10 AED which is less then 3 dolar. But the truth is if you go to Mall of Dubai from hotel it is 60 AED ~20 dolar by Dubai Taxi and more than 110 AED with Infiniti which is around ~35 dolar. The cars nearly the same the price is double thnx for the 'helpful!' vale we paid that once, but at least we awaken early.

So it is sad for Rixos to have such a fail hotel. Hope they will recover soon but it is not easy.

For that much money, even cheaper there are huge amount of hotels in Dubai. Do not ever come here.

PS: the hotel architecture is really bad, and the construction quality is poor especially the siding.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank CGursu
Ozgur C, Manager at Rixos The Palm Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and apologies for any incoveninece that we may have caused.
The reason of the question asked to you by the restaurant hostess is to help you; you could have a reservation/ no reservation or you could be joining friends. This question is a common practice in most restaurants however we apologize for misunderstanding.
I would like to inform you that all our staff members have equal benefits and we find the word "Cheap" inappropriate. Our prices are definitely not the highest compared to other hotels in the vicinity and they are in line with the location, services and quality of the product provided. If you prefer to stay near by city center or Burj Khalifa area surely our hotel is not the closest but 30 mins drive by car or 20 minutes by Rixos Sea Taxi to the nearest water taxi station. Our hotel is located on one of the best spots on the world providing the best views of Dubai shoreline and only 20 minutes away from the high attraction must see places and shopping districts of Dubai.
Thank you once again for your feedback and kind regards.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I went here for a drink with my friend the other evening for sunset . The decor of the lounge around the pool is great , white chairs and sofa's lots of different types of sunbeds . I asked for some arabic bread with my hommos and was told it was a turkish hotel and they did not have any . So i said bring me some turkish bread ...they did not have that either . Considering the hotel is in an arabic country one would imagine that arabic bread is not too hard to have on the menu . the baba ganoush was not nice either .we oredered several glasses of white wine and everytime the wine came it was in a different size glass . Our food came before our cutlery . we then saw a mouse running around outside and told several staff who laughed ... nobody did anything to find it despite us altering them everytime we saw it . Several customer service staff asked us if we liked the place and we told them about the problem of the mouse and still nobody apologized . As the sun went down the cushions on the seats became damp to the extent you would need a towel under you if you were to stay dry . I know there is humidity in Dubai but no other outdoor place has this problem to such an extent . Ladies definitely do not wear silk ! The view is great but not worth the effort unless they seriously pull up their socks .

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank MIOAMOREUNICO
RixosThePalm D, General Manager at Rixos The Palm Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are saddened to hear that some aspects were not up to your expectations. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with related departments, for necessary actions to be taken.

As Rixos The Palm Dubai, we continually aim to exceed our guests’ expectations and we very much appreciate feedback such as yours, which plays an essential part in helping us to monitor our day-to-day operations and improve where necessary.

Once again, we would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us.

Best Regards,

Mouhamad Hadla
Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We checked in after a long drive through the palm, the area the hotel in is isolated they are still working on the other part of the hotel. There were 2 people at the reception, one was busy on the phone for a very long time the other one was busy with a customer. We had a problem with our booking since we booked with booking.com and we had to explain that the room we booked is for 3 people and not 2. We explained to the lady that we also called 4 days prior to our arrival to confirm that.
A Russian lady ( I think a manager ) came from an office inside and was arguing in such a rude way and rude comments. Later a Turkish manager came and apologized for her ruddiness.
Lunch time we wanted to eat, choices are limited at the pool area, and no one knows where to go or what to do. If you are at the beach you had to go to the pool to order cause no one will come and take your order.
Beach and pool is really nice but be careful at the steps in the pool it is very slippery.
Most of the staff are Turkish and do not understand English.
Rooms are nice but the beds are very bad, like sleeping on a card board.
I have been to Rixos Antalya and it was great. But this one it is really boring and deserted.

Room tip: Over looking the pool
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank medhat10
Ozgur C, Manager at Rixos The Palm Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
We sincerely regret the inconveniences that may have caused and would like to assure you that this situation does not reflect the standards, the procedures nor the spirit we conduct our business at Rixos The Palm Dubai or at any of our Rixos properties. I have addressed the matters with our Front Office and Food & Beverage Managers for better service to our guests in terms of speed and coverage.

Once again, we would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us and for giving us the opportunity to improve further our standards.

Management