Rixos The Palm Dubai
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
DUKES DUBAI(Dubai)
3,491 results
All reviewsla turcarixy clubultra all inclusive packagechill barpremium roompersonal trainerspecial thanksturkish restaurantbeach barguest relationsmain restaurantamazing hotelsun loungersbreakfast and dinnerprivate beachsea viewpool side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Everything was excellent, very nice room, amazing territory and good service. Great breakfast in Turkish traditions, very nice staff. Animation, disco, spa! Perfect!

Room Tip: premium room is bigger and very nice
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Olga P
RixosThePalm D, General Manager at Rixos The Palm Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

We would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you have had a pleasant stay with us. The comments you have pointed out, have already been shared with the team, in order to be evaluated.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Best Regards,

Mouhamad Hadla
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2012

The hotel is simply wonderful, very beautiful landscape, good rooms but bad service. As I was ordering breakfast, I had to repeat my order 5 times and that was just reading the menu items from the In-room dining menu, my order obviously came wrong and the man that was on the other line said "You were the one to order wrong!!" That is simply unacceptable. Also, when I called to ask for a Panadol due to my unbearable headache, the hotel staff said they cannot serve guests any medicine, and the nearest supermarket is a 20 minute drive and obviously closed at 3 am. I decided to call them back, this time it was a lady answering the phone, she was a bit more sympathetic than her colleague, but as he over heard her talking, he said "I already told them twice that we dont give Panadol", in a very loud and rude manner.
There are only 4 English speaking TV channels to choose from, all of which are unbearable to watch, I think the Hotel has to really consider investing in some OSN channels.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Alexandra211

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Best Regards,

Mouhamad Hadla
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 12 May 2012

The travel agency suggested me this hotel as it was just open since few months, I checked the comments on Tripadvisor and despite the fact that some reviews were not positive I decided to go and see by myself. I go once a year to Dubai so I am quite familiar with the high standards and quality that 5* hotels provide in Dubai.

I arrived late and I did not had any problems to check-in. The room was big enough and very well decorated. The bathroom was just a dream!!!!! Luxurious bath products (Bulgari), rain shower.
The only negative aspect of the room were the curtains, there were not long enough in order to cover the windows and prevent the blue light from outside to illuminate the room. The technician was already aware and told me that new curtains were already ordered and that this problem was going to be solved. A very nice music was playing in the corridor, what I could not imagine is that the music will be so loud that you will hear it in the room. I called the reception and they told me that it will stop at 3am - After 6 hours flight and 1 hour drive from the airport it was not the best answer I was expecting. I mentioned it to Ali (Guest relation agent) and they turn down the volume and at the end of my trip there was no more music in the corridor- maybe too extreme - as the music was quite nice but no need to put the volume at the maximum :-)

Be just aware that the hotel as an outside disco and that the sound is terribly loud so it can disturb your sleep on Thursday's nights :-)

In the morning I went to the breakfast buffet and I have to say that I have stayed in several hotels in the Emirates and I had better breakfast buffets with more variety and choice, but nothing to say about the quality, everything was good.

As the main purpose of my trip was to relax, I went to the beach. The hotel has a perfect beach and Badel is always happy to provide you with some extra towels, cold towels during the day to refresh.

The Rixos hotel as the advantage to have "only" 261 rooms wich makes it perfect for people wanting to escape from crowded hotels as you can found them in Dubai.

I was a little bit surprised by the comments about the location, do people not check before making reservation??????? The fact that Rixos the Palm is at the end of the West Crescent makes it a perfect location for those that want to escape from Dubai City but still be able to reach it in less that 30 minutes. The view that you have from the Rixos is Amazing, from one side you see Burg Al Arab and on the other you have the Atlantis, right now is the only hotel offering such view!!!!!! The hotel offers you shuttle bus to the Mall of Emirates and there are taxis outside waiting as well. As the metro reaches the Atlantis you can as well go up to the Atlantis and take the metro.

The dinner buffet was good but still too much oriented "arabic". As I mentionned to Ali the hotel has to provide more variety. The turkish bread is FANTASTIC!!!!!!
The negative point I mentioned to Ali was that the restaurant is open not only to the guests but as well to clients and some guests were able to come to dinner in sandals and swim wears. The lady at the entrance should notify the guests that this is not an acceptable wearing.

During the dinner, it was nearly hard to speak as 2 musicians were playing guitar and violin. I can understand that Russians are very receptive to that but the hotel has to know that not only Russians come to Dubai and that the dinner is a moment for conversations and relax. I was really surprised that on my last days the muscians were not there anymore :-)
I have to congratulate the waiters as there were excellent and they are very professionals.

The hotel offers you the possibilty to train with a professional tennis player who is very charming ;-)

In conclusion, the hotel has still some areas to improve but has the capacity and the staff to do it. I will defintely come back next year!!!!!

Room Tip: I prefered the rooms located on the south side
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Cocotte011
Ozgur C, Manager at Rixos The Palm Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel and your kind comments which will be passed on to the team. We have taken note of your points regarding the in house music and already made the necessary adjustment.

Thank you once again for your constructive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at Rixos The Palm Dubai.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Another 5 star property in Dubai opened. What can it possibly offer that is not yet on on offer? We had only a one night stay due to some business up in Dubai, but ... we got it! It is the diversity of the team members that are very friendly throughout and compliment very well to the 'cool' vibe. Think lounge beach bar for better relaxing day, and party night time, ample private cabanas around the pool, sun lounges even on your balcony, etc. Then the location. At the end of the crescent you actually feel like being on your private island yet overlooking a great skyline and being in the midst of Dubai's buzz. Overall a very enjoyable stay - and as we saw in the evening kids having fun at the kids outdoors disco: we already decided we have to bring our kids here and have some leisure time only. Looking forward to be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Karima a
Ozgur C, Manager at Rixos The Palm Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Mrs. Karima,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed the Rixos hospitality during your stay in Dubai.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back at Rixos The Palm Dubai hopefully in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Rixos is a good Turkish hotel brand, known for great hotels around the world; I been many of them. I stayed 4 hotels at Dubai, all of them are 5 star hotels but i can tell you that this is the worst one even it is one of the most expensive hotels in the city.

The Turkish staff is helpfull and well trained. They try to help you about everything but the 'cheap' staff is terrible. At hour first day at dinner, the welcomer lady in the restaurant came with a strange question "Are we expecting you?!" than she asked do we have a reservation; even the restaurant is more than half empty. Finnaly she think of it is better to ask if we are staying in the hotel or not?.

Restaurants in the hotel was 2 foot far from each other if you ask for the menu of the near restaurant if the waiter is in his mood he can weather accept or reject but their moods changes rapidly cause we got 2 diffrent responses just in 5 hour. When you are near the pool if you ask for a menu its no matter if you are 12 person or more they bring just 1 menu, even if you warned them before about the same thing.

Dubai is an expensive city but the hotel was way above. A la cart is 70 dolar at lunch and 90 dolar at dinner. In %90 percent of Dubai restaurants you can both eat and drink till you get stuffed for that much money. The spa is also too much expensive that the cheapest regular massage is more than 100 dolar.

The consignee was total rubbish that they can't even make you a proper reservation. We went to Armani Club and Okko at two diffrent nights. In both clubs we got the same answer "You don't have a name on the reservation list". So you better do yourself.

The hotel is in the deepest point of The Palm so if you are planing to go out of the hotel regularly everytime to go around near Khalifa or city center you need 30 mins. Also beware about the taxis remeber to call a Dubai taxi. Because the vale at the entrance offer you a infiniti taxi and tell you that there is a small diffrence about 10 AED which is less then 3 dolar. But the truth is if you go to Mall of Dubai from hotel it is 60 AED ~20 dolar by Dubai Taxi and more than 110 AED with Infiniti which is around ~35 dolar. The cars nearly the same the price is double thnx for the 'helpful!' vale we paid that once, but at least we awaken early.

So it is sad for Rixos to have such a fail hotel. Hope they will recover soon but it is not easy.

For that much money, even cheaper there are huge amount of hotels in Dubai. Do not ever come here.

PS: the hotel architecture is really bad, and the construction quality is poor especially the siding.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank CGursu
Ozgur C, Manager at Rixos The Palm Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and apologies for any incoveninece that we may have caused.
The reason of the question asked to you by the restaurant hostess is to help you; you could have a reservation/ no reservation or you could be joining friends. This question is a common practice in most restaurants however we apologize for misunderstanding.
I would like to inform you that all our staff members have equal benefits and we find the word "Cheap" inappropriate. Our prices are definitely not the highest compared to other hotels in the vicinity and they are in line with the location, services and quality of the product provided. If you prefer to stay near by city center or Burj Khalifa area surely our hotel is not the closest but 30 mins drive by car or 20 minutes by Rixos Sea Taxi to the nearest water taxi station. Our hotel is located on one of the best spots on the world providing the best views of Dubai shoreline and only 20 minutes away from the high attraction must see places and shopping districts of Dubai.
Thank you once again for your feedback and kind regards.