New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers

Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers
Ranked #38 of 543 Hotels in Dubai
Cairo
“Excellent hotel. Great view. Close to everything...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

This hotel has everything. It is expensive, but you get your money's worth.
Make sure you bring your swim shorts, even if you're on business for a couple of days, they have a lovely triangular pool overlooking the city skyline.

Room Tip: Try to book a room overlooking the creek.. great view of the city's skyline.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
elladia, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear Sherebex,

Thank you very much for the compliments which you expressed in your review of our hotel. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your brief stay with us and that our facilities and location met your expectations.

If your travel plans bring you back to Dubai in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us for a reservation, we would be happy to assist you and welcome you back to our hotel.

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
LONDON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

Business trip for 5 days and as business was in the Deira area it seemed logical to stay nearby.
I will be going back soon and I would definitely pick this hotel again for the sake of its location, though I know I am compromising on some of the glitzier opportunities available in town.

The entrance is pretty grand but smells a bit musty. Overall impression here is good though, and all the restaurant/dining options are off this main hall.

Check-in lacked charm but was entirely efficient (and they let me check in at 7 am so really can't complain at them at all on this point. What a relief!)

Room - my room faced the road but was on a high floor as requested. I got a club room in fact. The room was nothing amazing but functional and comfortable - just a little bit dated. They did put me in a room right behind a lift shaft (my pet hate) but ear plugs did the trick. Or maybe it was just that I was so tired from flight/aircon/work etc! Bathroom rather dated and the fixed shower head is another pet hate. Rubbish for hair washing (girls will understand). Anyhow, everything worked and they had a couple of decent tv channels. Only slight complaint was that it was a bit cold! I called down for a robe and that took nearly 36 hours and 3 requests to materialise. They have since emailed me to apologise about this so I can honestly say that they take complaints seriously.

Club lounge was a nice touch - I expected it to be more basic than it actually is (based on other reviews) - but service was friendly and really you can't underestimate the convenience of being able to pop in for a quick beer/snack on the way back up to your room after a long day in somebody elses office! Plenty of space. Could possibly do with a slightly darker/homier corner for relaxing - it is a bit airport lounge - but still, not bad. Also they will bring up coffee to your room if you order it the night before (not charged as room service). I thought that was a very nice touch. Though my room rate included breakfast I still chose to get my coffee here every morning - a fair selection of breakfast food and no wait whatsoever whereas the restaurant would have taken much longer to get seated/served I am sure.

Food. I visited the pub once. It was very smoky and the football was very loud. Still I did get to see Thierry Henry score for Arsenal which was a sight I never thought I would see again. I ate every evening in the Italian restaurant. It was a bit cold for the terrace (and people smoke out there) but the view over the creek and skyline is very nice. You have to make the most of this as you aren't in town to see it all close up. Service was really sweet and attentive. Food was very good. I didn't visit the Indian or the Asian (which was a buffet on the night I did decide to try it).

Gym. Good. 3 treadmills but only 2 in working order. 2 bikes. Quite a few weight machines and free weights. Only thing is that it is so humid in there. It is next to the saunas so that probably explains it. A very nice assistant showed me round the sauna/hammam facility on the morning I arrived - I did intend to use it but in the end I didn't have time.

Pool. Bit chilly when I was there, and I got back too late to use it in the evenings. It has a very nice aspect right next to the creek and the boats so really quite a pleasant spot.

So all in all really pretty good and I will definitely go back for business in the area. Though if business was in town then I would go elsewhere. The hotel is only about 10 mins from the airport so that is handy (especially if you have a 02h40 flight home like I did!) The hotel can organise a shuttle car to pick you up at the airport (I called them to ask about something else and they mentioned this by chance, so if you are booked into a club room and are a SPG guest then do give them a ring and request this service).

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the creek - it will be quieter. Though I think you pay a premium.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank OverworkedUnderpaid
Dear OverworkedUnderpaid,

It’s great to see you took time to share your valuable feedback with us. Having taken our guests’ feedback into consideration, we are planning for a renovation of our guestrooms which we hope to commence soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

This Sheraton is located very near DXB and is only a about a $10 cab ride from the airport. Even with it's close proximity to the airport it is a great location. The hotel is located on Dubai creek and is located an easy drive and walk from some great restaurants, shopping malls and tourist sights. If you are a Platinum SPG member there is a great lounge located in the lobby that offers free adult beverages and snacks for a couple of hours in the evening and a continental breakfast in the mornings. There is a pretty good gym that has a couple of treadmills and elipticals along with some free weights and machines. The treadmills have an integrated TV so take your earbuds with you. There is also a very nice pool located next to the gym.
Be sure to ask for a room facing the Creek so you can take advantage of the amazing views of the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Dubai Creek so you can take advantage of the amazing views of the city.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
elladia, Director of Sales at Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
Dear Rayd01,

Thank you very much for the compliments which you expressed in your review of our hotel. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your brief stay with us and that our facilities and location met your expectations.

Uetikon am See, Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Complete lack of service is visibly due to an overall attitude issue of the personnel engaged with only very few positive exceptions such as concierge and head-waiter at breakfast. Sorry to say, but service is one of the very few key criteria that allows one top address to differentiate from another and managing corporate culture is always the GM's task.
Despite of providing our flight details as part of our reservation I had to write an extra email to receive a confirmation for the pick-up service included in our rate. Upon arrival the driver was not there. He only showed up 15' after my reminder call to the hotel (takes about 15' from the hotel to the airport).
We queued at the reception only to see the receptionist get up and disappear for good when it finally was our turn w/o as much as a glance, greeting or apology. The next receptionist took 20' to get us checked in - despite of all personal details being provided as part of our online reservation and readily available in the system - and commented while handing us the key cards for the reserved club floor room overlooking the creek 'do you mind if there's drilling and hammering next to your room, we are remodelling our top floors?' Yes, surprisingly we did mind with the result that 10' later and after a few phone calls she down graded us to the 4th floor - w/o a word of apology (and quite naturally at the inital rate). This did not hinder the very same receptionist upon check-out to deduct an unauthorized donation from our bill. Well, this was certainly our first, last and only stay there.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ZOC888
Dear Zoc888,

It’s great to see you took time to share your valuable feedback with us. Thank you. We have since reviewed your feedback with our associates including the Front Office and Reservation. We have so looked into improving our processes/work flow to offer better flexibility to our guests including the check-in and airport pick-up.

We are disappointed to hear about your encounter during your check-in, nevertheless we have reemphasized and spoken firmly to our associates on the need to the more accurate and punctual when interacting with the guests.

Thanks again for sharing and we hope that this isolated case will not prevent you from using our hotel again in the future and if there is anything at all that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

One cannot help but being impressed upon entering this hotel - what a grand lobby! I was attending a conference that was being held here and arrived about 01.30 in the morning. The hotel sent a car and driver to pick me up at the airport; I was tired but greeted warmly and efficiently at check in and promptly ushered to my room on the club floor.

The room was was adequate and what I expected - nicely decorated and comfortable.

I was absolutely impressed during my stay with the staff. Everywhere I went, I was greeted by name or with a timely felicitation. All professionals - all engaged. And all seemed to enjoy their jobs.

And I would give the hotel a five star rating except for the following.

1) Your beds are soft and so are your pillows.

2) Not that I'm a TV addict - I rarely watch it but when I'm traveling I like to tune into news channels. But my television did not work. They had a special channel for SPG guests; all I got was snow.

3) The food and beverage manager doesn't get it. Being an agribusiness consultant and taking food processors to market, I happen to be abreast of food trends. And I know that healthy lifestyle foods are gaining a lot of traction worldwide.

Given SPG (Starwood Preferred Guest) treatment, I went to the Club Lounge the next morning for breakfast and found a diabetic's worst nightmare - nothing here I could really eat to satisfy myself. So I skipped breakfast after nibbling on some olives.

The conference - organized by a group from Singapore - was poorly managed in terms of time and still had not adjourned for lunch by 13.30. Having skipped breakfast I had to get something to eat so I went to the restaurant off the lobby. Again, a diabetic nightmare.

The next morning, having learned my lesson at the Club Lounge, I went back to the lobby restaurant to see if the food and beverage manager could improve his offerings for a healthy breakfast. I was greeted with French toast, noodles (noodles?), chicken teriyaki, choices of breads, fried potatoes, etc. I did manage to get some baked beans, a grilled tomato, a bowl of fruit and a probiotic yogurt.

Really, your F&B manager should know that the prevalence of diabetes among citizens of the UAE is the second highest in the entire world. Between that and the fact that some people just like to have a healthy meal should compel him/her to doing a much better job of diversifying the menu.

4) Managing a regional office, I need to stay in touch. Cell phone and SMS messages are not enough. I need to review documents prior to presentations or submittal and I need to communicate thoughts in writing that exceed short SMS strictures. And twice a month I need to approve electronic time sheets.

So here was my greatest disappointment about this hotel. I simply was unable to take advantage of the "high speed network" that they touted in their reservation acknowledgement. My room was hard wired with an Internet cable but pages wouldn't load. I finally called the front desk and they sent a technician. I asked him what the speed was supposed to be and he responded 100mbps. I told him it was more like 100kbps. That failed. I then took my laptop to the lobby to see if I could connect on WiFi - marginally better but still took me 11 minutes to download a 1.2MB document.

So in order to approve electronic time sheets that simply were not opening in my room (hardwired cable!) or on WiFi in the lobby, I paid a visit to the business center. Really not much better but I accomplished my objective. Later in the conference I was talking to a European executive and we agreed to exchange e-mails, but I told him it would have to wait until I got back to Cairo as the Internet was problematical in the hotel. He agreed, saying it was "rubbish."

So there you have it. All during my stay I kept hearing about $6 billion in enhancements to the chain. Here's my recommendation: spend a few thousand more dollars on a server and a decent ISP so you can accommodate your business guests. Otherwise, keep serving those breakfast noodles to your Japanese tourist guests, because I won't be back!

1 Thank Douglas A
elladia, Director of Sales at Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Dear Douglas,

Thank you very much for the compliments which you expressed in your review of our hotel. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your brief stay with us and that the service levels of my colleagues met your expectations.

I have noted that we did not meet your expectations especially with regard to the F&B and internet service. Please be assured that I will review these points with the concerned department head for improvement. Should there be anything that we can do for you or in case you change your view about recommending our hotel to your friends for their future visit, please do not hesitate to contact us

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

It was my second time to stay at Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel and I stayed here in January 2012 for 5 nights to attend medical conference. The location is convenient but away from new Dubai city. Once again in club room I enjoyed good service with express check in, generous delicious breakfast, access to club lounge and free pick up from and to the airport. The room is big with a great view of the Creek, little bit old but clean. There was some renovation in the 11th floor where I was staying but there was no inconvenience because I was out during the work. The food in the Japanese restaurant is amazing.

Dear GamalMD,

Thank you very much for your kind compliments which you expressed in your review of our hotel. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us

Should your travel plans bring you back to Dubai in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us for a reservation, we would be happy to assist you and welcome you back to our hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

Given the price, the service we received was dreadful. The staff were rude and abrupt. The Sheraton preferred guest rooms were not stocked with the items promised. When we asked for directions to nearby landmarks, we were not advised that the distance and confusing street layout made it advisable to take a taxi. There were, however, two major problems that made the stay memorable, if only for how terrible it was.

Firstly, breakfast. We arrived well within advertised breakfast hours, and had paid to have the price of breakfast included. Upon arrival, we were told we would be "lucky" to get a table before service closed, and some people had been waiting for up to half an hour. We did eventually get a seat, and I will admit the breakfast was good.

Secondly - the noise. We had the misfortune of staying on New Years Eve. The party in the lobby was unreasonably loud. I expect noise on New Years Eve - I do not expect to be able to hear it all clearly on the tenth floor. I also did not expect to have to endure drunken idiots trying to access my room, unaware it was not their own.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank lulu-cs
Dear Lulu-CS,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel.

Please rest assured that we will review the point which you mentioned for improvement. Should there be anything that we can do for your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact us