“Superb hotel in Dubai”

Ranked #56 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Hythe
“Superb hotel in Dubai”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Lovely room overlooking the coastal waters, as do all of the rooms at this hotel. Our only niggle was the clash of a very vivid colour carpet with the rest of the decor of our room, which made our eyes water a bit. Great staff who really make you very welcome. Superb restaurants. Recommended.

3 Thank HytheTony
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Margaret Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,145)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We usually stay Club Executive and enjoy all the extras you get with this. I have noticed though over the past few years that the toiletries have changed and have been slightly downgraded. although they are still beautiful. There is a waiter called Arthur, in the Club Executive, who greets us every year and always remembers our names and comments on how big the children have got. We love the food in the main buffet restaurant, although this has become more expensive over the years. The summer months are particularly good as there are no queues for Wild Wadi rides, and sometimes you can get a half board deal, which means you can eat at any of the Jumeriah Beach hotels. In all a great hotel, staff very helpful and go out of their way to help you. An excellent hotel, hope to go back a 7th time this year.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank joannehurley
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Your special mention to Arthur has been passed on to him and he is very happy to learn that he made your stay enjoyable. Your comment regarding the changes in toiletries have been noted and will continue to work towards improving all aspects.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We love this hotel and although now ageing a bit the standards are as good as ever, love the beach here and having Wild Wadi attatched, can recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank phil123-32
London
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We were very impressed with the hotel.The staff are all clearly well trained and from the reception team to the gardeners all greet you with a smile and hello .We had upgraded to the Executive club which we thought was worth doing as it included a driver to pick up and return to the airport,and a separate lounge which included afternoon tea and a 2 hour happy hour which seemed to cover most drinks you could want .We were also lucky enough to get access to our room when we arrived early morning which was an added bonus .
There was a huge range of choices for breakfast in Latitude .We were less impressed with the quality of the restaurants for dinner and chose to go out a couple of times (don't whatever you do go to Trader Vics in the adjoining Soukh which i found absolutely disgusting ) .
The Executive Club had a private pool area -not that it really mattered as it was generally quite quiet with no need to battle for a seat by the pool .
The only drawback arose from the consequences of a few flakes of snow at Heathrow leading to virtually all flights being cancelled .As a result we had to extend our stay by one night .The rate offered was more than GBP 500 for one night -after a huge amount of negotiation we got the rate down to GBP 450 .This left a sour taste in our mouth and felt that we were being taken advantage of

7 Thank KSlondon
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I was very concerned to read that you were not happy with rate provided for the extension of your stay. I would like to apologize if you felt that the rate offered was very high, I have personally checked this and the rate was actually a very special discounted rate that we offered you for the Club Executive rooms. I would like to reassure you that we did our best to accommodate any requests from guests who were affected by flight delays or cancellations and the intention was not to inconvenience you in any way.

Cornwall, England
Reviewed 12 February 2012

From the moment we arrived we were treated like some sort of celebrities – to the point where I even asked my husband if I had turned into a superstar overnight and no-one had bothered to tell me! We arrived a check in at 9.00 am and I was a bit concerned that we would not be able to get into our room until the afternoon but I needn’t have worried as check in was very smooth and we were escorted to our room on the 11th floor and all I can say is WOW! The view from the floor to ceiling window was of the Burj el Arab and the marina, I couldn’t stop staring at it. We decided to take a bit of a nap after the long flight from the UK and had no sooner laid down on the bed when the building works started – drilling, banging etc. My husband went straight off to sleep, as usual, but I just lay there thinking it would stop any minute. Eventually I couldn’t stand it any longer and went down to Reception to be told that there was refurbishment going on and there would be noise like this from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm every day. My advice is to ask when you check in if they are putting you in a quiet room. Whilst we didn’t plan on being in the room all day, we would want to go to our room before 6pm every day so I asked if we could move to a different room. I was also a bit annoyed that we hadn’t been told this when we checked in. I was told that there would probably be another room available the following day. As we were only there for 6 days, I was disappointed at this, but decided that I wasn't going to let this spoil our holiday. After going back to the reception in the afternoon, as by this time my head was banging with the noise, we were moved to a room on the 5th floor on the other side of the hotel. This room was not as nice as it didn't have the little extras, like the coffee making machine and complimentary flip flops but at least it was quiet and the views were still stunning.
We had booked the Winter flavours – half board option which was excellent. We could eat from over 20 restaurants in the JBH, A Mina Salem and Al Qasr and the food in each restaurant we chose was amazing. I would definitely recommend the half board option if you can get it. Getting to the other hotels was easy as there were golf buggies to drive you to wherever you wanted to go and it was fun deciding where to eat. Most of the restaurants were busy, especially at the Madinat Souk so my advice is to book beforehand. The Concierge will do this for you.
Breakfast was served in Latitudes in JBH or the Beachcombers restaurant on the beach. We tried both but preferred Beachcombers as it was more peaceful and holiday-like. In the evenings, we ate in Go West (tex-mex), The Noodle House (asian), Toscana (Italian) as well as a Spanish restaurant and a steak restaurant – all were absolutely first class.
The beach was beautiful and clean and the free towels were taken onto the sunbeds you wanted and laid out for you – all with a smile and no requirement to tip everyone.
One day it was my birthday and a lovely chocolate cake and bottle of prosecco were left in our room with a birthday card – that was a lovely touch and I really appreciated it. On this night, we decided to book up on the Bateaux Dubai for a dinner and cruise along the Dubai creek. It was lovely, very romantic and as we went for the all inclusive option, we had unlimited drink throughout the evening. This meant that we swapped a dinner at the hotel and had lunch instead. As the portion sizes were huge, we used 1 voucher and shared a lunch which was more than adequate. We visited the 360 degree bar and the Uptown bar on the 24th floor and both were amazing. Drinks were expensive but you soon get used to a pint being nearly £9!
The Conciege desk was really helpful and I would like to thank Azmin and Elsie for everything they did for us – nothing was too much trouble and they seemed genuinely pleased to help us.
I loved this hotel and, funds permitting, will definitely be going back next year.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the quiet side of the hotel without the building works.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Goughie
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I am delighted to learn that we became the scenery of such a important occasion in your life, belated happy birthday. Your special mention to Azmin and Elsie at the concierge have been shared with the concierge team and they are very happy to learn that they made your stay enjoyable.

caligirlinUK
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Stayed five nights and cant do anything but praise it. Had a club executive room which is a great deal since you get to use the executive pool, beach and the afternoon tea service and happy hour in the executive lounge on the 24th floor. The hotel is spotless, luxurious and caters for everyone. The alcohol is expensive bur that is to be expected in dubai. The restaurants at the hotel are a bit pricey but really good. We went down to the dubai marina walk for dinner one night and found reasonably priced excellent restaurants. If you want to go to the burgh kalifa for the observation tower book it in advance!!!! I would go back to the jumeirah beach hotel again anf again and cant wait to return. A star.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
1 Thank caligirlinUK
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Your positive comments will serve as an added motivation for the team to consistently deliver the high level of service which you have experienced during your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

My wife and i just left the hotel after staying there for a few days. the hotel was okay from service to food. rooms were dirty and out dated

1 Thank Rey209
Dear Guest,

I was concerned to read that you left the hotel feeling disappointed. I would like to personally apologies to you if we did not meet your expectations. Your comment regarding the rooms were dirty and dated have been noted and I am pleased to inform you that we are in a process of rooms refurbishment, our newly furnished rooms will be styled with the family in mind, encompassing luxurious, modern, comfortable, beach inspired designs.