“WOW.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“WOW.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

Stayed 16/4/12 to 23/4/12.
I could go on forever, eulogising about this fabulous hotel / resort / destination etc, but will try to keep the resume as brief as possible.
Arrival.
My wife and i were fortunate, and had the benefit of a private hotel transfer from the airport, which was all of twenty minutes, courtesy of an extremely friendly, courteous and informative driver.
We arrived at the hotel, and were blown away as soon as we entered.
Anyone who has visited previously will be aware of the scent of lemons pumped through the air-con system and is utterly divine.
The check in was professional, warm, friendly and as smooth and simple as could be, ( greeted in the reception area by a cool drink and a cool wipe towel ) and our bags arrived at our room two minutes later.
The room.
Large walk in shower, bath-tub, double sink, robes, slippers and lots and lots of amenities.
Extremely large balcony with table and four chairs coupled with fabulous views of the Burj al Arab......i felt as though i could almost touch it.
An extremely large comfortable bed, flat screen tv, with multi worldwide channel selection, settee and chairs, fruit bowl ( replenished daily ), lots of drawer and hanging space.
Turndown service was excellent, as this provided information regarding special offers at various bars and restaurants over the coming days / nights, and the obligatory, towel shaped Swan, Elephant, Octoupus, Bird etc, chocolates and any extras you required, be it, the lemon body lotion, extra slippers, chocolates or anything else you required.
Breakfast.
This is exceptionally good, with vast arrays of meats, fruits, juices, breads, cakes, Arabic influenced items as well as selections from an eclectic mix of foods, plus the full english, eggs any way you like, marmalades and cereals etc made for a good start to the day.
Pool, not massive but large and spacious enough, with great staff, and kept tidy and clean throughout.
Beach.
Exceptionally clean and tidy, with lots of space, comfy beds all with umbrellas, and / or, four posters if required. Beach fellas will insist on placing yout towel and cushions for you.
A comfy bed, great weather, a good book, Turquoise sea, and the iconic Burj just to the right.....it does not get any better.
Nightime.
With a vast array of 44 restaurants and countless bars, you are spoilt for choice.
The "only" negative is the price of Alcohol, which i was aware of before i arrived so no great issues, but be prepared to pay up to £7 for a bottle of Bud, Becks etc. However, at the Barzar they have "Tab night" 2 or 3 nights a week, where you can pay 90Dhms ( £17 ) for five drinks, either five pints of draught, five bottles or five glasses of good wine.....happy days ha ha ha.
There are other offers throughout the complex every night but this was the best.
It is also a great bar and has big screen sports upstairs, or sit on an elevated balcony looking down on the waterways and revellers below, or downstairs inside there is live music most nights, or sit outside and kick back on bean bags, stools or sofas and chill.
Food.....where do i start.
There are masses of restaurants, mainly of the fine dining price range, with a special mention for "The Meat Co", a Brazilian grass fed Fillet ( @£30 )......with sides.....beautiful.!!!!!.
For reference, a meal there for two with drinks around £100, but the ambience, quality of food, service, atmosphere.....sat at the side of the waterway......absolutely worth it.
However, if you wish for a change, or for daytime eats there is the Souk, which is a wonderful walk around the alleyways especially during the evening.....beware you could get lost....we did, on more then one occassion......ha ha, but there is a Costa Coffee whic has sandwiches and snacks at reasonable prices, or you can find a large Burger and chips for £5.

NB. you can also use all the facilities at the neighbouring Al Qasr and Jumeirah Beach, but the Mina is the best.

I could go on forever, and i would still miss, someone or something that deserves a special mention......but from the rooms, to the beach, ( with its beacside toilets, with showers, with towels, shampoo, conditioner, body lotions ( lemon ), robes ), to the Breakfast buffet, ( make sure this is included in your booking ), bars, restaurants, weather, and the absolutely fabulous staff, who are so polite, courteous, friendly and professional, to the premises and rooms which are beautiful.

I tried to be brief, but i knew i couldnt, as there are so many memories and not enough superlatives.
Well done Jumeirah.....boy, do you and your staff know how to run a hotel, and leave a guest completely and utterly wanting more.

PS.....I can still smell the Lemons.

Room Tip: 002, was on the ground floor, 30 seconds walk from reception, and was very very good....no noise, gr...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank GARYA2424
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, 12 May 2012

Greetings from Mina A’ Salam Hotel!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleased with the service and facilities at the property. All your kind comments, in their entirety and detail are highly appreciated. Feedback such as yours is not only very professional, but also allows to know exactly what’s going well and what needs to be improved. If we know how to run a hotel, you certainly know how to be a valuable guest.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
south devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

Just returned from a fantastic holiday in Dubai, staying for the 2nd time at the Mina A Salam.
I cannot fault this hotel. Everything is so clean and well kept. The staff are so polite, helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The deluxe ocean view room has everything you need, bath and shower and has a good view of the ocean. The buffet breakfast has a lot of choice.

Just a couple of helpful tips. The hotel requires a deposit of a least 3000 dirhams at check in, which can be paid by either cash or credit card. This is to cover food and drinks and other items that you can charge to your room. We charged most things that we bought in the hotel complex to the room, but be warned there are a couple of restaurants that do not belong to the same hotel group and will require paying by cash or card, so do not go out without money. At the end of your holiday make sure when the hotel prints off a list of your charges to your room over the holiday period, make sure you check it throughly, as we had one charge for room service put on our bill that we had not used. There was no trouble getting the charged removed from the final bill.

The Wild Wadi Water park is a must for kids and adults alike, it is good fun. When you book in at the water park they will ask you if you want to put any money credit on your entry bracelet for food etc, (this can be charged to your room). Make sure that when you leave the park at the end of the day you get any money left on your bracelet refunded back to your hotel room.

if you want to visit the top of the Burj Kalifa you will need to book several days in advance, as it is so popular that all times seem to be booked up very quickly. A quick and cheap way of getting to the Burj Kalifa from the Mina is to get the free courtesy bus from the hotel to the Mall of the Emirates, from there take the new overground metro to the Burj Kalifa Metro Stop then from there, there is a bus that then takes you to the Dubai Mall located next to the Burj Kalifa. Outside the Burj there is a lake and every half and hour there is a waterfall display to music, this also very popular

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a deluxe ocean view room as not all rooms have a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kittycat20

Greetings from Mina A’ Salam Hotel!

We immensely value you as our regular and repeat guest and it is always a pleasure to welcome you back.

We were delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us. Indeed, the amenities on offer at the Resort are too many to list. I’m sure your helpful comments will aid other savvy travelers on their journey to Madinat Jumeirah.

We look forward to your third stay and to the opportunity to showcase our Theatre, Health Club including Rock-climbing, and our award-winning Talise Spa.

Cairo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

During my stay in Dubai for the Dubai Art Fair, Mina El Salam madinat Jumeihra was my best place.
I really love that the hotel is beautiful, elegant, excellent service, with a middle east identity with architecture and furniture.
The hotel have an excellent beach with Borg El Arab view.
After making your morning tour in one of Dubai malls or after attend part of the fair if you are going during the art fair; take a luxury beautiful break and go for taking your lunch in the hotel beach.
Perfect services, delicious food just perfect place to relax and recharfe your energy before going back to dubai life.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Elham K
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review regarding Mina A’Salam on TripAdvisor and for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us. It is very pleasing to read your positive comments and to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

This was our second visit to Dubai. Our first visit was in 2009. We had such a wonderful, memorable time staying in Dar Al Masyaf last time..... it has been on my mind to revisit this wonderful resort and also wonderful Dubai.

I promised my parents that we will bring them to Dubai, it's a once in a lifetime must visit place in my opinion. And of course, I insisted on staying in Madinat Jumeirah. It's not Dubai without staying in MJ...seriously, that was my opinion after 2009's visit.

However, prices this time from all three properties DAM, Al Qasr and Mina, were about triple the amount of last time's visit. So, we were contemplating maybe to compromise and stay at Jumeirah Apartments, then we can access to MJ's facilities, but not have to pay so much for the hotel.

At the end, we decided to splurge and booked TWO rooms in Mina A Salam directly with the hotel. The prices were better than my travel agent's. However, no breakfast was included this time. We stayed two nights over Easter Holiday, April 2012. And the room size was decent, the bathroom was huge, and we got a nice high floor room facing the ocean.

Everything on the resort property was fine, just like last time, BUT the service in my opinion has slipped. It DID NOT WOW my parents, nor us. Compared to 2009, we were slightly disappointed this visit.

We stayed at the wonderful Grosvenor House prior moving over to Mina A Salam, And I informed the hotel to please at least give me ONE room at around noon for check in if possible because I have three children, and one is a baby. When we arrived, the reception wasn't even acknowledging my presence. They just let me wait at the counter until I couldn't wait anymore, I said, EXCUSE me, I need to check in. Then a girl, trainee, came over and said, are you Ms ----, and I said yes! Can I check in? So they took our reservations file right away, and then pressed away on their computer. It took a looonnngg time, and finally, the man at the reception said, you can have two rooms next to each other but it's on the first floor, if you want the higher floor (which I have requested prior arriving).... the rooms aren't ready, and they are not going to be next to each other. So we decided to take the higher floor and they said we will call you when the rooms are ready.

We left all our hand luggage with the bell desk, and went to the SOUK for lunch, we walked around until 3:00pm... and still no phone call. We were exhausted already and the children wanted to change to go to the beach, the baby needed to nap and I needed alot of the things that were in the hand carried luggage. So we just walked back to the lobby to see whether our rooms were ready. Again, even though they see all 8 of us walking into the lobby, and I was standing there at the desk, no proactiveness at all. I had to say "excuse me ?" then they look at me and acknowledge my presence, and obviously I am there for my rooms? They said, ok.... now you can go to your rooms.

I was a special guest returning to MJ which I will not mention the details in here, but NOTHING was given to us like upgrade, or breakfast, or complimentary airport transfer , or extended late check out... everything costed money, or you won't get it. A little disappointing after the last visit we had, and staying at the Atlantis, and Grosvenor House, they appreciated my business and my patronage alot more. Let's just say that.

I can't say the stay in Mina A Salam wasn't good. Everything was just "STANDARD". Impersonal service, and definitely everything was by the book. Our flight was at 11:30pm at night, I requested late check out for only ONE room when I booked, and was told I have to paid for the few extra hours for the late check out, I paid half a day's expense for it.

It also bothered me alot that the security guard next to the photo booth always ask us to SIGN in the form.... I just show him the room key, and said please don't make me sign anymore. I have signed a few times already today!

Wild Wadi was wonderful. Buggy service was always prompt and Arbras as well, were always readily available when needed. We never waited more than 5 minutes for someone to pick us up. The Beach was fabulous. Service on the beach was good. Always had lounge chairs available, but you do have to get your own towels, and drinks were a little slow but tolerable.

The facilities in the resort is very nice, the food is not good. Just like last visit, the food is STILL not good. Atlantis and Grosvenor House, Armani Hotel... are all that we have experienced, much better food and personal service to MY family. Hence, our next visit to Dubai, we might NOT stay at MJ anymore. Sad, but other hotels like Grosvenor House that gives us spectacular personal service, and upgrades, and free airport transfer, breakfast included, staff knowing me by the name throughout our stay.... the service and experience we got this time in Mina A Salam is not comparable and definitely not worth double the price a night compared to other hotels.

We just like the facilities in the resort. But as a HOTEL guest per se.... the value is not there at this price !

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Katetam
Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Have been to some amazing Friday brunches in Dubai, this is definitely in the top 2. Book in advance. It's awesome, the array of food from every corner of the globe goes on and on. There are several bars set up with everything from champagne, beer to mojito's and cocktails. Wine is topped up regularly at your table. Service is impeccable. Children are well-catered for too; they have a little kids section with staff doing face painting, marshmallows and fruit to dip in the chocolate fountain, the chafing dishes are at a lower level so the kids can see what's on offer. There was live music playing for the entire afternoon and it's just so relaxing there. Worth spending your whole Friday afternoon there and indulging. A must!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank TravellingQ8
Dear Guest

Greetings from Mina A’ Salam Hotel!

Thank you very much for posting a review in Trip Advisor with regards to your recent brunch experience with us.

I am personally delighted to learn that you enjoy our wide varieties of culinary offerings and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in our hotel in the near future. I believe that leaving such an impression on guests like yourself has led us to win the Time Out ‘Best Brunch in Dubai’ award this year.

Yours sincerely

Haarlem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I travelled all over the world, business and vacation, but never found a hotel with this service level. It is outstanding. The standard rooms are big and comfortable with a big bed and a sitting area., very good beds, a big bathroom with shower and bad.
the restaurants are very very good for a reasonable price. if you go to a hotel restaurant in the evening with a traditional arabic dow, you go back in time, so romantic.
the hotel has a beach and two smimmingpools, with beds.
towels etc are for free.
you even get a waterice on the beach and they clean your glasses etc.
I liked the privacy on the beach very much.
the hotel has beach gards.
there is a fantastic souk next door and a free bus to the mall.

the hotel is not cheap but is worth saving extra money and go for this hotel.
in any way, I will never chose a other hotel in dubai.

Room Tip: don't hesitate. book this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Maartje J

Greetings from Mina A’ Salam Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

My wife and i stayed here Dec 2010 when we were expecting our first child. From the moment we arrived the wonderful experience started. We were treated like royals. They have a suk on sight and water taxis taking around. There are too many wonderful things to say about this place... As i said i would not stay anywhere else how.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank dru1980

Greetings from Mina A’ Salam Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor from your most recent stay with us at Mina A’ Salam. I was so pleased to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and would not think twice about choosing us again on your next visit in Dubai. We are the Arabian Resort of Dubai, so your recognition of the same completely delights us.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A’ Salam.