7 people are viewing this hotel
JumeirahUS$653
eDreamsUS$612
travelup.comUS$754
4,930 results
All reviews the burj al arab bahri bar premium leisure wild wadi club executive ice lollies half board talise spa other hotels choice of restaurants private beach building work fantastic hotel kids club special mention amazing service special thanks
Selected filters
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Imagine...took me a year to get to write this?!!! I am just reminising our trip to Mina last Sept 08 and I just want to say...I will never holiday anywhere else.......a true gem of a spot and the staff are a credit to Mr Lawlor and his team! WE will be back and I am really missing the resort as its Heaven on EARTH for sure :) ..................

Date of stay: September 2008
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosebuds500
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'salam, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2009

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to read that you continue to hold such fond memories of your holiday at Mina A’Salam over one year ago. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2009

We stayed here for 2 days on the way back to the UK from a 3 week Honeymoon. What a wonderful place, the staff were excellent bringing ice creams and cold flannels free of charge on a regular basis whilst by the sea. On arrival we had Champagne, Strawberries & Chocolates. The complex of hotels with all the Restaurants was superb, if you like Chinese you must try The Noodle House. The Burj was great to visit for an hour and the staff treated you like guests. The view from the top was excellent. The hotel gave us plenty of warning of a religious festival which meant we could not buy alchohol giving us plenty of time to order room service. No wonder this place is top on Trip Advisor.

Date of stay: July 2009
1  Thank Andrew B
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'salam, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2009

Dear Guest,

I am delighted your chose to stop in Dubai to extend your honeymoon celebrations and would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your recent marriage. It is very pleasing to read how you enjoyed your stay with us at Mina A’Salam and that you hold such fond memories of the last two days of your honeymoon.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our Hotel. I do hope we will have the opportunity you back to Mina A’Salam in the near future.

Reviewed September 21, 2009

The trip didn't get off to a good start - an overenthusiastic receptionist and a reservations misunderstanding resulted in us having to wait hours for our rooms. However, having reported the problem to the Duty Manager (Nicole) and Manager (Mahmoud), the problems were resolved and from then on, everything was perfect. Thank you Nicole and Mahmoud for resolving the intial issues and going above and beyond thereafter.

Pros - customer service is as good as anywhere we've stayed, including 5* hotels in London, Europe, US and Asia; the rooms are great - Arabian rooms with their view of Wild Wadi and the Burj (some road noise in the night) and Ocean rooms with their view of the ocean and the Burj. Half board package gave us a choice of 4 restaurants and the food was superb. Resort is outstanding - buggies to get you around externally, abras to get you around internally. THE best gym and leisure complex. Beach has everything you need for a chill out. No building work anywhere near the hotel, unlike the rest of Dubai.

Cons - not many! Drinks expensive, but it is a 5* resort and this is Dubai; sometimes difficult to get an Abra from the Mina station because it is not manned in the night, room service requests not always acted upon when they are busy.

Other pointers - visit the Al Qasr next door for a buffet dinner, different atmosphere and nice change. Use your free entry to Wild Wadi - it's a lot of fun; shuttle bus to the Mall of the Emirates lets you connect with the metro, although not many stations open at present. Taxi to airport should be less than 60AED on the meter, more going the other way because of the initial 20AED airport charge. Visit the Burj in the morning and get the panoramic lift to the 27th floor, get the other panoramic lift back down and you'll have had great views of the Palm and the World.

We will definitely be going back to the Mina.

Date of stay: September 2009
1  Thank 537garethm

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and for recommending our Hotel. I regret that you were left to feel disappointed by your arrival experience and would like to extend my apologies once again. On a more positive note, I am delighted that the remainder of your holiday was thoroughly enjoyable and that you will be returning to stay with us in the near future.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A’Salam.

Reviewed September 21, 2009

I stayed at the Mina A' Salam on the 11th/14th Sept. Upon arrival we were upgraded to an Ocean View room which was a lovely unexpected and much appreciated gesture. As we arrived early our upgraded room wasn't ready but this wasn't a problem, as the reception offered to call us as soon as our room was ready. As we knew we were arriving early we had prepared for this and had our beach essentials to hand and off to the pool we went.

As we arrived around lunch time we headed to the pool bar restaurant and we're greeted by a friendly and helpful member of staff, who offered us a lovely cold refreshing face cloth, which smelt amazing, very refresing. We ordered and ate, food and service was great, after lunch another refreshing face cloth was offered - perfect end to a lovely meal in the Dubai heat. As we didn't have a room number to charge, I thought this may cause a problem, not all, I gave him my name and signed the bill. I later went to bar to ask a question and mentioned to staff member who had served me that i think I've a room now, we've had a missed from the hotel, so you can charge the room but I don't know what the number is - the bartender over heard this conversation and asked me if I was Miss X and I said yes and he told me my room number - very helpful and efficient, my room had already been charged and I hadn't checked into my room yet, very well run operation.

After a lovely relaxing afternoon by the pool/beach, we checked into our room, it was spotless and very comfortable and stylish, loved all the extra touches, had a fantastic view of sea and the waterway around the hotel. Bed was very comfy, slept well throughout my stay, room was very sound proof, I really liked the room, it was very cosey and well maintained.

As a guest of this hotel you are welcome to use the facilites of the Al Qasr and Jumeirah Beach hotel, plus free entry to Wild Wadi waterpark, we made the most of all these opportunies, had a great day at the waterpark followed by a pool crawl - we went to all the hotels pools, stopped for lunch again at the Mina and used our discout voucher for lunch, very useful discount voucher book given you upon arrival, which gives you discount meals various restaurants throughout Mina & Al Qasr, which we took advantage of. The Al Qsar pool is beautiful, large pool, with plenty of comfy beds, great poolside service, with all the extra touches - ice lollies, orange slices, cucumber slices for your eyes, lovely place to spend a relaxing day, ate here as well, food again was great and plentiful.

The Mina has an half hourly bus service into the Emerates Shopping mall, always on time, very efficient service and very useful, used to get this bus and then get the metro and then a short taxi ride to get to the Mina Bazar - this cost 24 dirhams as opposed to 60/70 dirhams by taxi alone. Also went to the Emerates one night for some essential shopping!!

I have to say the staff at this hotel, can't do enough for you and are so helpful, pleasant and polite, I have travelled a lot and only stay in mainly 5* hotels but I have to say this hotel is my favourite to date - the Shangri la, Kowloon Bay, comes close as it's very slick and a lovely hotel and great staff but not as great as those at the Mina, I enjoyed my stay so much. They really do go that a bit extra to ensure you enjoy your stay there.

I will give one more example of this - we settled bill the night before we checked out as we had an early start. We enquired about breakfast, as we believed the restaurant didn't open till 06:30 am and the staff member informed us that we can order a free continentail breakfast in our room by completing the request form in our room. We did this and as promised on the form we received a call 10 mins before I breakfast was delivered on a lovely displayed table, complete with rose. The staff member asked us to sign for this as we had already cleared our bill, we explained to him that we're told this was free and that we would take this up with reception when we checked out. Went to reception to hand our keys in and explained that we had been asked to pay for this breakfast but we had been told by reception the evening before this was free. Reception informed us that the restaurant is open 24 hrs which we weren't aware of but this wasn't problem and completed a form which we signed and that was the end of the matter - excellent service, no quarms or problems, was very pleased that we didn't have to deal with this problem due to being given wrong information, as this would have tainted our perfect stay at the Mina A' Salam. So it was the perfect stay, thank you to all staff that made our stay soooo great, I will be coming back very soon!!!

Date of stay: September 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank FunlovingSunSeeker

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent holiday with us at Mina A’Salam and delighted that you will be coming back to stay with us again soon. Thank you for your warm acknowledgements of our team and for complimenting our team of colleagues for their friendliness. It is certainly with pleasure that we ensure you hold such fond memories of your stay.

Please accept my apologies that you were provided with inaccurate information concerning breakfast options for the day of your departure and conflicting details regarding the opening hours of Al Muna. I am very pleased to learn that this was efficiently resolved and we were able to retain your confidence in our service standards.

Along with my team, I look forward welcoming you back to Mina A’Salam in the near future.

Reviewed September 20, 2009

My husband & I stayed in this beautiful hotel for 6 nights before heading on to Mauritius. The hotel is located on an absolutely perfect and beautiful beach front location, and although it is a large establishment (which I'll explain later), it was especially clean and ideally located to enable all visitors to go and see places of interest (via taxi or tour... it's certainly not the kind of location where you will wander to the next village or into the city ). It was our 10th wedding anniversary - however this aside, we would throughly reccommend this hotel to everyone - couples; families with children and older travelers. Once inside this spacious hotel and after checking in, our bags were taken to our room and we went (via lift) in search of Room 304. We had reserved an ocean view delux room (B&B basis), and oh my goodness - we couldn't have imagined what this would entail! The room was both spacious and luxurious ...although at first the large dark brown furniture was a little overwhelming. The room was perfctly subdivided in that upon entering there was a "see through" division (above the bed head), and to the left which formed a passage to the bathroom. Within this area there was a dressing table, ice box and wardrobe (with iron + board, hair dryer, safety box and the usual hanging / storage space for clothing etc). Iceis available antime - just ring and ask for it! The bathroom was huge too, and whilst the toilet was self contained there was a large shower, bath, and "his & her" sinks. Everything as you would expect in a 5*:- shampoo, moisturiser, large and small fluffy towels, with soap, face towels and other little bits and pieces. Bathrobes and slippers too, which prove really useful as we don't get much room to take these things with us nowadays! The main part of the room (obviously housing a king size bed) also boasts large sofa, table, and chair for lounging, a desk (writing paper, pens, computer link, and all the hotel information) a large t.v. (remote control) and fridge (stocked to capacity). Incidentally, a small botte of water for each person is supplied on a daily basis, and it is possible to remove the contents and replace with your own beverages etc, (Hotel purchases as you would expect, are very pricey). Fruit bowl was replenished throughout the stay and the champagne (for our anniversary) was very welcome,....as was the facility of selecting and watching DVD's through the TV at no cost!
The most wonderful thing about the room was the view from the balcony (which had 2 chairs and table) - I spent a lot of my time in the evenings after dinner (whch we had outside of the hotel due to the fact that each night could have cost minimum of £80 each)sitting out here, watching the passers by (in boats mostly); and I was spell bound by the colours of the Burj al Arab as they changed constantly thoughout the night/ early morning. We could see the ocean and the hotel pool.... but let me explain the boats! From what I understand "The Madinat Jumeraih" - where this hotel is situated... is an area which comprises 3 hotels - Mina A Salam & Al Qsar (next door) both boutique hotels, styled to resemble an Arabian citadel and the Dar Al Masayaf (summer houses). This means that there are some 45 restaurants, bars, a fitness centre, spa etc for you to choose from. These are all accessbile va the "boats" which operate daily (through to the early hours) as the complex is almost like a mini Venice for want of a better description. The journeys are free - and it is possible to take a tour around at anytime to view the entire complex - I would suggest night time!) Do - you wat to go somewhere in the resort to eat - take a boat (instead of walking if you wish) - certainly less time consuming and the breeze is welcome too). I suppose some refer to the boats as "abra's", which means water taxi - though remember - here these trips are free). The Mina A'Salam is also sited on the boardwalk - so it is possbile to stroll along by the beach or to hop on what appears to be golf buggies (again free of charge) for those who don't want to walk. These go to the afore mentioned hotels (left) and to the Burj and Jumeriah Beach Hotel (both to the right). A nice touch is that you can gain entrance to the Burj (FOC) to view the 7* hotel a specified times whithout having to reserve a meal (which is the normal requirement should you wish to get inside). Make sure you dress up for this or you wont gain entrance - the foyer, mezzanine florr and the restaurant (level 23?) are worth the trip as it is possible to take some grat photo's of the beach areas from this vantage point.
The pool at the hotel is large and has plenty of beds (FOC) - toewls are presented to you and once you sign in, you can stay there all day, or come and go as you please. I particualry enjoyed it when the waiters came around distributing fruit or ice lollies at no cost as I lay basking in the sunshine!
Breakfast is in deed a "feast", and I don't understand how anyone would complain about this meal or service. The choice is huge - continental, or full breakfast means yoiu can combine (self service) an omelette with a bowl of cereal, coffee and otast - it have something more local should you want (I'm a plain eater) but my husband had something new each day and thought it easily possbile to fill up enough to miss out on lunch completely (which was great for me as I didn't need to move from the sun lounger).
There are burgers, chips; fruit platters and drinks available at the bar area or these can be served at the poolside should you prefer.
There is an amazing aray of shops for brousing around - located under the belly of the hotel - this makes shopping a "cooler" experieince and serves to break up the day if you find it too hot to stay out doors. We ventured here many an afternoon for an icercream or milk shake - and there is a wide variety of touristy shops were you canpurchase gifts for those back home too.
It is possible to take a bus fro the resort to the hopping centres - e.g. Dubai Centre / Mall of the Emirates... and this is what we did each evening in order to have something more substantial for tea. There is any amount of fast food, and on one trip we managed to find an Italian Restaurant for a more "plush" dining experieince. This is how we kept our spending down - as we couldn't have have afforded to eat in the hotel every evening had we wanted to.
So folks, there is plenty to do whilst staying at this hotel - the service is particularly good, and as a little treat each evening, I looked forward to my book mark and placed bets with my husband about what shape I would find the towel on my bed in... elephant, swan, dog - all quite amazing little touches, most of which have eyes!
You can't but love it here - and I suppose if you can afford to pay the accommodation rates you may well be able to eat in the hotel - we chose not to, and kept our pennies for the next week of our holiday.
No alcohol either unless you have an exceedingly fat wallet - cheapest bottle of wine approx. £45... so maybe consider taking a few in your suitcase, cos you can't buy anywhere unless you have a licence - which we discovered take 1 month to obtain!! There is nihtlife- each evening we could hear music from our room - but we were too tired to avial of these services. You have free entrance to the Wild Water Park too if you are energetic, and loads of choice with regard to trips to the desert etc - again we ddn't experience these as we thought it would be too hot, and prefered to lie in a heap at the pool (there is a private beach with free loungers too),
Some travellers seemd a little diasppointed in their room locations - tehy were quite a way from the pool and couldn't see much - we were maybe lucky?

Date of stay: July 2009
2  Thank Valerie R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate part of your 10th wedding anniversary with us at Mina A’Salam. I appreciate you taking the time to post a very detailed review of your holiday and am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for recommending our Hotel.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to Dubai in the near future.