“what great service”

Ranked #72 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
leeds
“what great service”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I had to write this review to thank the staff at Jebel Ali
It is not often we come across exceptional service but we did in Jebel Ali
We were two couples booked for a two day short break after travelling from Mauritius
We arrived at 7am and were extremely tired after the overnight trip up from Mauritius and expected to have to wait until the normal 2 pm for our rooms as we knew the hotel was busy

The staff could not have been more helpful they apologized that we had to wait but sat us down with some coffeee and within an hour we were given temporary rooms until our rooms were ready
The temporary rooms were as good as any you could expect in any 5 star hotel (with the exception of the view at the back of the hotel)
When our rooms were ready we were allocated two of the best rooms in the hotel on the ground floor with private patio and garden complementary wine fruit chocs etc.

We had stayed before at the attached Palm Court Hotel which was fantastic but the main hotel itself is almost as good

The golf course was great and we enjoyed eating at the clubhouse restaurant sports bar

Again thanks to the staff (I wish I had remembered the receptionists name to thank personally but was too tired to remember!)
We can’t wait to return again

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear dmc3656,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your brief stay with us on your way from Mauritius, and I would like to thank you for your compliments on how your early arrival to the resort was handled.

Your feedback on the associates, could not be more complimentary, and it is a pleasure to read your kind words, which I will ensure are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the near future.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My wife and I have been fortunate over our life-times to have been able to experience quality hotels and this visit was simply one of the best holidays/ hotels we have stayed in. The staff are a credit to their employers and were at all times helpful, happy and courteous and seemed to really enjoy working for your company. Indeed as business owners ourselves it is nice to say how complementary the staff were about their employers I hope ours feel the same.

The overall experience excellent, it was our first trip to Dubai and we are already looking at coming back again in the future. The food was of a very high standard, the all inclusive package covered everything we could wish for and the restaurants were of the highest quality.

There is much written about the hotel being out of the way, if you use the suttle bus to go to the metro which is 10 mins away everything is accessible. The metro only cost £2 for as far as you wanted to go. We went into the centre easily and were grateful to be out of town to relax.

Overall dont hesitate to book here it is excellent value.

Room Tip: Superior Room overlooking the golf Course
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Chris T
Dear Chris T,

It was fantastic to read that you felt that your recent vacation was overall an excellent experience! It is always a pleasure to read about the associates at the resort, and you have been extremely complimentary, which I will ensure your kind words are shared with the team.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the All Inclusive package, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the quality that you experienced in our restaurants.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you on Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the near future.

Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The Palm Tree Court & Spa sits adjacent to the Jebel Ali Hotel. We keep returning because we all can relax there - it is like an oasis in the middle of the desert. Tall trees, lawns, shrubbery, waterfalls, streams, pools, birds galore. My daughter (8) loves the peacocks, which are everywhere. She also has a horse ride every visit - very reasonably priced, with wonderful staff and horses. There's a petting zoo too. My son (11) loves the badminton and table tennis. We all enjoy the casual dining at the Sports Bar - complete with a golf cart ride to get there. The pools are great - out favourite in the salt water one - always a good temperature. The beach is right there, and beautiful. Breakfast is fab, and I love that there's always a gentleman there with a falcon, for the visitors to the UAE. It's not a cheap stay (has gone up in price considerably since the renovations), so we only visit now when there are special offers. The rooms in the Palm Tree Court & Spa are big enough for the 4 of us; no problem.

Room Tip: Ground floor are great, but cost extra. The upstairs rooms with balconies are just as good.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank margaret j
Dear Margaret j,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa.

As a returning guest, it is always a pleasure to read your feedback, and I was pleased to read that once again you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the grounds, and the wildlife that we have, especially the peacocks that your daughter loves, and also the salt water pool.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa in the future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 10 February 2012

A perfectly OK resort destination with all the facilities you would expect of such a hotel. Of special note is the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff - apparently 40 nationalities are represented - who could not have been more willing to assist. However, be warned, it is set in its own isolated location a long way from anywhere, the free shuttle bus service is fairly restrictive and does not go to the centre of old Dubai, and it is a family destination so expect to encounter a certain number of small children.

Room Tip: Sea view is worth paying a little extra for.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mapHongKong
Dear mapHongKong,

I would like to thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent vacation with us. In particular I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the associates whom you found to be very friendly and helpful. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I was sorry to read that the location of the resort was not to your expectations, despite offering an extensive complimentary shuttle service to the main attractions in Dubai.

Despite the above, I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

London
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Having spent a fair amount of time in Dubai in the past for both work and pleasure and stayed in a number of different hotels, we decided on the Jebel Ali Hotel because of the all inclusive package. Prices in Dubai have increased over the years and this seemed to be the best option for a quick week of sun without any worry about cost.

The hotel is away from Dubai centre which was fine for us as we have 'done' Dubai already and just needed a resort type hotel where we did not have to concern ourselves about anything else. My first impressions were a bit hit and miss, we were probably a bit tired after a full on week at work and straight onto an overnight flight from London. This wasn't helped by our driver taking us to the Palm Court (also part of the same resort but more expensive) instead of the other side.

Thankfully we were lucky to have our room available first thing in the morning when check in is not until 2pm. The rooms themselves are very pleasant even if the outside of the building is a bit Seventies! Our breakfast location was the Ibn Majed which was fine for the breakfast buffet. A wide array of items to suit all tastes.....shockingly, one lady would fill about 3/4 tupperware containers with food everyday to take out with her! We tried an evening buffet here once which was ok.

The all-inclusive package is excellent and if you have done Dubai before like we have, then I think it is a must. Certainly, don't kid yourself that you are getting anything for free however I think we got our monies worth whilst the hotel would have made some money as well. All beers, both bottled and draft (Tiger, Sol etc) were part of the package as were all the cocktails (about 20 or more - excluding anything with champagne in or red bull). We also had a choice of four white and four red wines and a rose - all very drinkable. We got the breakfast buffet and a fairly decent lunch menu including salads and burgers at the beach bars. Dinner was a choice of themed buffet, or a la carte - steak (we're talking filet mignon here!), Italian or Asian. As mentioned by someone else, the Italian was ok. Steak at Shooters was great and the best restaurant being Asian at the White Orchid. Service was good at all locations with some really friendly and helpful staff.

On the sport side, we enjoyed the gym regularly and also played a lot of tennis - all part of the package. Would liked to have played golf but we weren't good enough!

Beach was lovely and clean and barely anyone on it - a quiet time of year that we really enjoyed...probably about 20 people on the beach at any one time, with around 100 loungers so no worries there. Weather was lovely, around 25 degrees every day, which was more pleasant than the Oct/Nov temperatures. The only difference being that the sea was very cold and the evenings you need a jumper/fleece. I thought the sea would be affected by the Palm being built next door but it was fresh and clean with a few fish swimming around.

My only gripe, and it is a personal one, is that on the last day of our holiday, alcohol was taken away from 5.30pm due to a religious holiday. Without wanting to sound too much like a heavy drinker, I was really disappointed by this. In spite of management protestations that information was delivered to each room the night before to inform guests of this 'sudden' change, we received no information at all. Even our friendly bar staff who we saw 2/3 times a day, made no mention of the enforced dry period even during the lunchtime on Friday as I ordered my second drink. The first I knew of it was when I went to the bar at 7pm, all dressed up for my last night in resort and with great plans for some cocktails etc, that I was informed that there was no alcohol. Sadly, management failed me on their ability to advise their guests, during a not so busy time, that this was about to happen. I could have been happier about this if I had had a chance to change my plans. This was our last memory of the hotel and left a bit of a bad taste. Bizarrely, they didn't empty our mini bar (?!) and the only reason I didn't touch it was because I was on AI and not prepared to pay any further...

However this should not affect your decision to stay here as the AI package is excellent however if part of your holiday is enjoying a good drink, just check before you book whether there are any impending religious holidays....this was the first time in 14 years that I had been in Dubai when this had happened.

Room Tip: To be honest, you don't need to spend time in your room! We had garden view on floor one with a...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank mynameisalwaystaken
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Dear mynameisalwaystaken,

It was a pleasure to read your very detailed review following your stay at the resort. You have kindly covered everything that you experienced whilst staying at the resort, including the All Inclusive package which I was happy to read that you found to be excellent.

I was sorry to read that upon arrival your driver did not immediately take you to Jebel Ali Hotel; however I was pleased to read that you were able to access your room straight away without any delay.

During your stay with us, you have mentioned that you felt disappointed due to alcohol restrictions being in place due to a religious holiday. I am sure that you can appreciate that due to local legislation this is beyond our control, and we are bound to follow the laws. Restriction can be advised at short notice, which we always do our best to ensure our guests are fully advised of any restrictions that will be in place. We do communicate this by way of a letter being sent to all guest rooms, and we also display the same information in the lobby area. I was most disappointed to read that you did not receive a letter with this information, which I can only sincerley apologise for.

Despite the above, I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the facilities available, the selection of food and beverage available on the All Inclusive package as well as the cleanliness of the beach.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future.

Lima, Peru
Reviewed 2 February 2012

not so good location, very expensive for the kind of breakfast they offer, pity,
also the watter of the sea is not so good in front of the palm.
good service from the housekeeping.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank sil524
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Dear sil524,

I was sorry to read that you were not satisfied with the location of the resort, and that you found the breakfast not to be good value for money. I was pleased however to read that you were pleased with the Housekeeping team when looking after your room.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future.

Mlbourne
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I had a 2 night stopover on my return from London to Melbourne. I flew via Abu Dhabi and wanted a stopover in Dubai, but due to a huge conference in central Dubai last week, chose this hotel for the cost and also travel time from Abu Dhabi airport.

I arrived at the hotel at about 8 am, and was given an early check in of 10.30 am, which was a lot better than the expected 3 pm
My room was on level 2 and had a sea view , which was a lot nicer than I had expected ( I just booked the cheapest room ) . (Many thanks to the check in staff)

The hotel grounds were very impressive - 3 pools, ( all different temps ) , 2 bars overlooking the beach, marina, great gardens with many flowers, birds and even peacocks .
Breakfast was included in my rate, and it was an extensive buffet .
I took the hotel shuttle bus to the nearest shopping mall, and then took the metro into central Dubai . The hotel shuttle bus did various stops in central Dubai, i just prefer to avoid the traffic and travel by metro .Special thanks to the lady at the guest relations desk for helping me plan my day into central Dubai.
Room service was prompt and delicious.I also had a spa massage treatment and used the sauna, steam room etc and had the whole place to myself. Excellent masseur and good customer service. I enjoyed the complimentary fruit kebab snack and drink after the massage.
My room was serviced twice daily by a very friendly guy , who always knew my name and every time he saw me asked me if I wanted my room cleaned or towels changed.
There were many other facilities and activities that I did not have time to use. The hotel was at 100% occupancy but there were no crowds , no queues and plenty of space.
I was pleasantly surprised at this resort . It is a long way from central Dubai, but the facilities it offers goes a long way to make up for this.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank JulesMlbourne
Dear JulesMlbourne,

I was pleased to read that you stayed with us for a couple of days on your journey back home to Australia.

I was happy to read your review, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the hotel grounds, rooms, and in particular the associates who you have mentioned you found to be very helpful and friendly.