“Can't wait to go back!”

JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
Ranked #71 of 557 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I have just returned from my second stay at the Jebel Ali, the first being in 2000. I stayed there with my 84 year old mum who has walking difficulties and my 11 year old daughter (who I was pregnant with during my last stay there) on a girls trip. We had an amazing holiday. The only reason for the 12 year gap before returning is the fact that we prefer to stay all-inclusive on holiday. When we saw that the Jebel Ali now does an all-inclusive package, we couldn't wait to go back to try it. The hotel is just as good as we remembered it (and better!). This time we stayed in a garden view room rather than paying extra for a sea view. The room was lovely and well insulated for noise. You get sun on the balconies on the garden view side, which you don't tend to get on the sea view side. It was a bit of a tight squeeze with the extra bed in there for my daughter, in that her bed had to be placed against mine to avoid blocking the door to the balcony. However we managed perfectly well. The rooms have all been refurbished and there is plenty of storage space for your clothes etc. The rooms are kept beautifully clean by the housekeeping team, who provide a fantastic service. The beds are very comfortable and towels/face cloths are replaced daily. Elemis Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower Gel, Body Lotion and hand soap are provided and regularly replenished, along with useful things like nail files, shower caps, cleansing pads and cotton buds. Dressing gowns and slippers are also provided. The rooms also have TV/DVD players, tea and coffee making facilities, hair driers and a washing line above the bath. The plug sockets are the same as in the UK, so you don't need travel adaptors. We were given a code at the Reception desk to get free wi-fi in the room which was really useful for us, as my daughter had her laptop with her. Another bonus is that free bottled water is provided in the rooms and replenished nightly or as required.

Pool towels are provided and you collect them as you walk out from the Lower Ground floor into the gardens at the rear of the hotel. The pools are climate controlled (which they weren't in 2000), and were always at a perfect temperature. The gardens are vast and even though the hotel was quite busy when we were there, you have no difficulty finding a sun lounger (and parasol if you require one). We spent most of our time at the Palmito Pool outside the main hotel, which is a fresh water pool with a swim up bar. A very special mention must go to Eranga the bar man there, who together with Denis looked after us all really well and made my daughter feel really welcome, so she felt confident to play in the pool whilst I sunbathed.

We had our lunches at Captain's open air restaurant on the beach in front of the hotel. The food and service was excellent there and all the staff were really pleasant and friendly. Lunch is served until 5pm, so there is no rush of people all wanting to eat at the same time.

We primarily used the Ibn Majed restaurant for breakfast and most evening meals. The buffets there are amazing and the choice at breakfast (which is served until 11am) is overwhelming. Again all the staff were lovely and special mention must go to Sabreena and Chinchu who made our stay all the more pleasurable and looked after my mother really well in the restaurant. The managers there Natalia and Jake, also did a fantastic job, including at times dealing professionally with some very demanding customers!

We also had lovely meals at La Traviata (Italian Restaurant), Shooters (Steak House/Grill) at the Shooting Club, the White Orchid (Asian) at the Palm Tree Court and Spa and the Sports Cafe. If you get to the Sports Cafe before around 7.30pm, you can generally get a table outside with views of the Marina, which was lovely, This is where the all-inclusive package really excels, as you can dine in any of the hotel's restaurants, including those at the Palm Tree Court and Spa. There are one or two things on some of the menus that you cannot have on all inclusive (e.g. Lobster), but if you do want them, they credit you 50% of the price. This hardly applied to any items though and I had gorgeous fillet steak in two of the restaurants on the all-inclusive. The drinks options on the all inclusive were also very good, e.g. some really nice wines, Bombay Sapphire Gin and lots of cocktails were available. If you ask what you can have on the all inclusive before ordering (we were provided with a sheet explaining it on arrival), you shouldn't get any nasty surprises and you soon get used to what you can and cannot have. You can't take drinks back to your room, but there is a mini bar in the room (although you will be charged for any items from it).

We went riding twice at the hotel stables with Nadine and her team. The horses are lovely and If you want to ride I would recommend booking before you stay, as it was already quite booked up when we arrived. The same goes for trips. We travelled with Virgin and by the time we saw our rep, two days after arrival, the trip we wanted to do was already booked up and we ended up having to go up the Khalifa Tower on our last day there, which wasn't ideal. It was well worth doing though, with amazing views, despite the somewhat hazy weather we experienced whilst we were there (as a result of sandstorms the previous week).

My daughter enjoyed the rides on the golf buggies to the stables and also trying to film all the Peacocks that wander around the grounds. Timothy on the front door did a great job of organising transport to assist my mother and Georgina at the front desk helped us on a number of occasions with different requests. We also played the mini-golf in the gardens, which was great fun and went kayaking. There are so many facilities at this hotel that you would have to stay a month to use everything!

The beach is stunning and it made my holiday to be able to walk along it without being pestered by beach sellers (we stayed in Kenya last August and hardly dare venture on the beaches as the beach sellers were so intimidating). I had a regular saunter along it on my own each afternoon, which I wouldn't feel able to do in some other parts of the world.

The whole area is a lot more built up than it was in 2000, but the Jebel Ali is still in a much quieter location than other hotels in Dubai, which is exactly what we like in a holiday. We were not disturbed at all by the building work going on at the side of the Palm Tree Court and only noticed it on our last day, when walking at the far end of the beach. Also although there are signs of the building work going on out at sea, nothing appeared to be actually happening whilst we were there, or at least if it was, we couldn't hear it.

We didn't use the shuttle buses on this occasion, but know from our last stay that they are a great way of seeing the sights in the city centre. I am told by friends that the Big Bus Tours are also a great way of getting around.

The hotel has several lifts and the grounds are flat in the gardens and beach area, so it was great for my mother. The only very slight criticism is that there don't appear to be any toilets close to the beach or Captain's and as the grounds are large, it was quite a long walk for her to the closest toilets at the back of the pool.

The staff all provided a high quality service and the management should be proud of them. We generally stay in small intimate and unpretentious hotels and enjoy getting to know the staff. Despite it's size, this hotel still manages to give an intimate feel to it and it certainly ticks all the boxes for us.

As long as the hotel continues with it's all-inclusive package, we will definitely be back in the very near future and I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: No need to pay extra for a Sea View rooms unless you plan to spend a lot of time in your room. The...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank anothergoodone
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

Dear anothergoodone,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

Firstly I would like to say how enjoyable it was to read your review, and it is commendable with the amount of detail that you have written about from your stay. It was great to read that you have returned to the resort after a long absence, and amazing to hear that the hotel is better than you remembered.

I was pleased that you enjoyed the flexibility of the All Inclusive, and I would like to thank you for your kind words about the entire resort, including the quiet location, our facilities and in particular for your praise regarding the associates who looked after you during your stay. You have kindly named some associates personally, and I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We have stayed a few times now at the Jebel Ali and we've enjoyed every time. It is out of the city that's for sure, but that's exactly why we like it. Plus, they have a shuttle going into the bustle of the city several times in the afternoon, good enough for us. If you've had enough of the restaurants in the hotel, take the afternoon shuttle into town and have dinner there. You'll have enough time to catch the latest shuttle back to the hotel and if you feel like going out, the taxi ride back to the hotel won't kill your budget either.

Room Tip: if you don't have to have ocean view, the rooms to the back are quiet and totally fine.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Akilah,

I would like to thank you for your kind words about the resort, mainly the quite location and how you enjoy using the shuttle service to visit the main attractions in Dubai.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I've stayed at the Jebel Ali several times over the last 10 years, and have to say that each time I've been it's only got better and better. The service has always been excellent - the facilities are superb - so many things on offer from on site golf, shooting and horse riding.

The refurb a couple of years ago has really made the rooms lovely - bright and contemporary.

Yes, this hotel is a little further out than the ones in the Jumeirah area, but you really feel like you're escaping to a little oasis. They provide free transfers to the key places you're likely to want to travel to, and what's another 15 mins in the grand scheme of things!

I'm returning again on 6 May for a week, and this time looking forward to trying out the all inclusive option - from what I've read this now offers excellent value, especially as you can choose to eat in any of the restaurants, and not just the buffet ones. I've already emailed them to book my first nights meal to celebrate our wedding anniversary at the White Orchid!!!

I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel to anyone looking to go to Dubai.

Stayed: July 2011

Dear Cat72Bristol,

As a regular visitor to the resort, it was a pleasure to read your feedback. You have kindly mentioned that there are so many things to keep you occupied when staying at the resort, and that the location allows you to feel like you are escaping to an oasis.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the excellent service that you received, and how you feel each time you stay it gets better and better.

I was pleased to read that you will be returning in May, which I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the resort. Once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Just returned from another excellant stay at Jebil Ali.Everyone from the Manager to the beach attendant will make your stay special, good golf good food and an excellant hotel takes me back again and again. As far as a construction site as mentioned in a previous review i do not agree. The hotel is building two more blocks at the Palm Tree Court which is at the far end of the beach with minimum disturbance. This will not stop me from going back in October to one of the best if not the best in Dubai. By the way the courtesy bus takes you to the Shopping Mall in 20 minnutes.

Brian B.

Room Tip: Book the 5th Floor for that extra touch of pampering
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BB2_11
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear BB2_11,

As a returning guest to the resort it is always a pleasure to read you feedback, and I would like to thank you for your compliments regarding the resort, its facilities and in particular the associates who look after you, making your stay so special.

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

My husband and I have just returned from one of the best holidays we have had, and we have been to many places on our travels. We have been to Dubai twice before and love the luxury it can provide,so for a special anniversary we decided to try the Jebel Ali and we were not disappointed. We flew on the A380 as an extra treat, wow its big, private transfers,upgraded room and meals. It is quite a long way from jumeirah beach hotels and the shopping malls, however, the hotel does have a comfy shuttle bus if you want to venture out. All the staff were very charming and nothing is too much trouble, they even made us two anniversary cakes and champagne. There are lots to do and the three pools are heated, you dont have to rush for a sun bed either ! I would recommend the upgrade to all inclusive if you want to push the boat out as there are many restaurants which would be expensive if you were on B B. The White Orchid is fantastic and Jamie and Christian were lovely. We also loved the Italian one and the beach restaurant for lunch. We are planning to return in October.

Room Tip: Sea view is worth the extra and higher floor is quieter
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flan44

Dear flann 44,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa on the All Inclusive package.

It was a pleasure to read that you decided to celebrate your anniversary with us at the resort, and that you felt it was one of the best holidays that you have had.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the associates who looked after you and you felt were very charming, as well as your kind words regaring the facilities available at the resort.

I was also pleased to read that you are planning you are already planning your next visit to the resort in October!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa later on in the year.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Mainstream hotel. Views to construction sites and oil refinery (or power plant, I don't know). In the middle of nowhere, minimum 40 min drive to closest shop or entertainment. Extremely expensive food! Crowdy. I didn't find the gym!
Fridays - open air disco, laud music till very late, no chance to sleep.

Rooms are comfortable, nice restaurants, good servise, good spa. Sea is low that is good for small children.

Room Tip: I would not advise this hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear Julia S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent experience at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

I was extremely disappointed to read your feedback, and I would like to sincerely apologise if your sleep was disturbed in any way during your stay. I was also sorry to read that you were unable to locate the gym, and that you felt that the prices of food were on the high side. We are regularly reviewing our prices at the resort, to ensure that we remain competitive within the local market.

I do hope that despite the above, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

First stay at this fine establishment..
The hotel is situated a few miles from the city center, but with cheap taxis (except "hotel taxis") and helpful staff this was not an issue.
Enjoyed the good food two of the restaurants as well as the conference rooms which were well ventilated and spacious.
All in all a good stay if you're with family and want a quiet place to sleep, or as a venue for a conference. Otherwise; choose a hotel closer to the city center.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Dear Mikael J,

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort and its facilities, and also for mentioning the helpfulness of the associates who looked after you during your stay.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.