“Fantastic”

Ranked #72 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Having worked away from my family for six months I wanted to say thank you by taking them somewhere special. My friend recommended palm tree court at the Jebel Ali Golf and Spa resort. Well after a week of luxury I think I achieved my aim. From check in, through impeccable room service to the ever efficient butlers this place delivered.
Granted some areas look slightly tired but a full refurbishment programme and attention to detail of the existing facilty means if this is the only fault I can find we must have had a great week.
Food and drink where plentiful, of high standards and importantly varied. It would be remiss of me to mention the food without a mention of one of the best steaks I have ever tasted at Shooters.
We will definately be back.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank glennturnbull
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Dear glennturnbull,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

It was a pleasure to read that you chose to stay at the resort with you family after an extended time away. I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort and its facilities, as well as the associates who looked after you and for also mentioning that the steak you enjoyed was the one of the best that you have had!

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Tunbridge Wells
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a 5 night stay at the Jebel Ali. What a wonderful time!
We were greeted on arrival by the concierge and were checked in at reception with speed and efficiency. Our room was on the second floor to the rear of the hotel. It was very clean and well appointed, with a view over the gardens and golf course. We had arrived quite late so needed a bite to eat, on the way to reception we met a member of staff in the lift, we asked him where we could get a snack, without hesitation he said 'I'll take you'! So we jumped in a buggy and sped off to the bar by the private marina. I would say that was typical of the staff - they were all extremely helpful and efficient, and if you took the time, (which many people didn't) they were very pleasant to chat to.
Even though the resort was fully booked, there was plenty of space to spread out. We never had a problem finding a sun bed, or with getting a reservation in any of the excellent restaurants. The Italian and the White Orchid being our favourites. The breakfast was also excellent with so much choice. Initially we had booked bed and breakfast, but once we realised we wouldn't need to leave the resort, save for a bit of sight seeing, (Tip: go and see the fountain by the Burj Khalifa) we upgraded to the 'All Inclusive', a great option, especially if you like cocktails;-) Last thing at night we finished our evening in the bar on the 7th floor, it wasn't very busy but the staff were very friendly.
There seemed to be lots of activities on offer, not that we tried them as we were too busy relaxing! As it was Easter the hotel had put on lots of free activities for the children, who all seemed to be having a wonderful time!
To sum up our trip, we had the most amazing, relaxing holiday - we are planning to return next year.

1 Thank CatWTunbridgeWells
Dear CatWTunbridgeWells,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was happy to read that you had an amazing and relaxing vacation, whilst enjoying the All Inclusive option.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities and for your compliments regarding the associates whom you have mentioned were extremely helpful and efficient.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future.

Lagos, Portugal
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This hotel is by far the best, if your looking for good food great service and a great location go here, and now they are doing all inclusive, this place just gets better. All the staff cannot do enough for you, four of us went for the Gold Cup, the hotel even laid on a bus to take us and bring us home, I'm not kidding go here for the best service in Dubai.

Room Tip: Either side of the hotel is great, sea, or gardens
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We have just returned from a wonderful holiday, what a fantastic hotel, excellent food and service! We were upgraded to sea view rooms which was a wonderful suprise! The hotel shuttle was great and ran about 5/6 times a day to different places, while we were there they had special easter lunches, a family day on easter sunday with easter egg hunts and games etc for the kids and the easter cocktail party was simply out of this world! (all part of the all inclusive as well) It was a bit disconcerting having to sign for all our drinks and food as we were all inclusive and some staff seemed to be unsure of what was included in the all inclusive, but in the end we had no problems all the restaurants bars drinks etc were included and were of high quality, the evening entertainment was very low key with with a great live singer every night in the captains bar on the beach, the disco on friday night was nice and finished at 10.30pm and you could not hear a thing from your rooms anyway.
We did have a couple of cloudy days which I was supprised about as I thought it would be wall to wall sunshine, I don't know if this if common at this time of year.
Would recommend to anyone particularlly families with children.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank beverley b
Dear beverley b,

It was a pleasure to read your comments, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the excellent food and service experienced as well as for the activities available over Easter for the family.

You have kindly mentioned that there was a good selection of restaurants available on the All Inclusive; however I was sorry to read about your frustration when having to sign in the restaurants for your food and beverage.

London
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a long weekend at the Jebel Ali. The quality of the hotel, food and staff were simply second to none. This is certainly a 5 star hotel with 5 star service, but unlike other hotels in Dubai, the whole feel is understated and relaxed. We visited the main Dubai centre and met with friends at their hotel (the Jumeirah Beach). The contrast was incredible. Although the JB was also excellent, it was very much in your face - the hotel felt the need to remind you of its high standards. Whereas the Jebel Ali doesn't need to try. Although it was fully booked for the Easter weekend, the resort was able to maintain its atmosphere of tranquility and open spaces. We never had to queue for food or drinks, there were plenty of sun beds and the staff were very attentive. We tried most of the restaurants and each one was fantastic. The cocktail bar on the 7th floor is a must with very friendly and engaging bar staff. The resort is a good 1/2 hour taxi ride from downtown Dubai, but to be honest once you've seen the Burj, the mall and the fountain, there is really no need to leave the resort. It has the feel of the Caribean, but with much better service and quality and of course you feel totally safe. Truly excellent.

4 Thank John K
Dear John K,

I was happy to read your review after spending a long weekend with us, and I was pleased that you had a relaxing time.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the service received, attentiveness of the associates, the variety of the restaurants and for the overall ambiance that you felt was understated and relaxed.

Manchester
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I did not really enjoy my stay at Jebel Ali, not only due to the discrepancy between expectations and reality but features I personally dislike.
First, though Jebel Ali is ~ 40 min taxi or some 50km away from DBX, costing between 120-150 AED (~25 GBP). It is a very large resort, catering heavily to Russian and German tourists. The views from the beach are underwhelming. To the left you have the construction site of the Jebel Ali the Palm's causeway, to the right Dubai Port. It markets itself as 5star and has the prices to show for but it is not, and that by miles.
The pros are firstly a vast array of resort facilities and activities; from the excellent water sports centre to the shooting range 5min drive away. The food is of very good quality, consistently, but not outstanding or inspiring in any sense. You can practically predict what will be on the menu.
Several features annoyed me: At least once a week a beach discotheque blasts across the entire property: nowhere will you be able to find a quiet spot. The only place where the (pop) music was louder was in the entirely empty top floor bar. With the clientele to show this appeared more like Magaluf. Secondly, around 9am, 90% of sun loungers are empty but 'reserved' with towels and the like. I witnessed several unpleasant incidents with families scrambling over loungers. Other resorts have found solutions to this but in any case is never 5-star, possibly because of the masses of people they cater for (although ShangriLa in Muscat does infinitely better). Thirdly, you will be hard-pressed to find a place in any of the restaurants lest you plan meticulously ahead and book. Any decent cruise liner caters for more people, at a higher quality, less space and less money.
Overall the property has simply no features that would mark it out as 5 star: location, building material, inconsistency in shops (some truly cheap ones mixed with boutiques), simple and cheap room furniture, the rules of serving seem unknown to staff, Marquis de Sade as interioir designer etc. ShangriLa, Oberoi etc are in a different league.
Far from being opulent, Jebel Ali is a solid 4star family resort, good for a quick stop over in Dubai if you must but if you look for sophistication of any kind you need to go somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear ManchesterRay,

We take all feedback seriously, which allows us to continually improve our standards and service, and as such I was sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations in many areas of your stay. I was also most disappointed to read that you where disturb by music during your stay, and I would like to sincerely apologise for any frustration or inconvenience caused.

It is with regret that you have left the resort with such an impression, when we do receive such positive feedback on a consistent basis.

Despite your experience, I do hope that you will return in the future to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa, and I will personally have the pleasure of welcoming you back. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2012

What a breath of fresh air, a relaxing week with excellent service, good food and fantastic facilities. Dubai provides a unique experience of service and quality that is very hard to beat, the Jebel Ali Resort proves the point. Having been let down by a long awaited to Sorrento in Sept 2011 which was very very disappointing all we had hoped for was some good weather and a warm sea to swim in. All the staff excelled in service and effort, we felt very comfortable and welcome. The food was very good especially the breakfast, the only slight downside was the fairly standard snack menu menu across all the restaurants but otherwise it was very good. We had a basic garden view room which was really a view of the car park but with lots of trees,however it was only a place to sleep as there is so much to do. It was kept immaculate by Ronald - a made up name as all the Indian/Asian workers had English names, who made us feel very comfortable and in need of nothing. All the staff greet visitors upon every meeting with Sir and Madam and are willing to help with anything. We went for bed and breakfast as we were hoping to spend time in Dubai but actually spent most at the hotel. It has an all inclusive offer which most people took and they really were spoilt. Beach towels, boat rides, tennis, golf, horse riding, shooting and 3 warm and Clean pools to use amongst a plethora of other things.
There is lots of space, lots of sun beds and masses of staff.
For those who do not know Dubai as we didn't it is a huge place and you cannot walk to see the sights - distances are massive- it is half n hour to get anywhere but this is solved by a regular a efficient courtesy bus or just take a taxi , they are good value. On that note it is not necessary to have a private transfer from the hotel , get a local taxi and save the change for another trip out.
There is a very diverse selection of visitors from all countries who visit the hotel, unfortunately some take it all for granted and are rude and arrogant - especially our friends from Russia who seem to monopolise everything and refuse to queue or say thank you. A little bit of gratitude and banter with the staff helps the whole atmosphere. It s not our first experience of these folks with lots of money , consideration costs nothing.
Dubai is huge and getting bigger all the time, go have a look- we wil be back as it is a story worth watching. See you all again sometimes - thank you Mr Pinsche (sorry if spelt wrong) well done to all your team. I like to praise appropriately as you will see from my other reviews....

Room Tip: If you can choose a sea view room, it should be worth the extra, if not you won't have a problem...
2 Thank Tony P
Dear boxesandboxes,

It was a pleasure to read your very detailed review, and I was happy to read that you enjoyed a relaxing week and experienced excellence service, good food and fantastic facilities whilst staying with us.

We are always looking to continuously improve, and as such your suggestions regarding the snack menu are very much welcomed, and this will certainly be a consideration.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the overall resort, and in particular to the associates who looked after you during your stay, I will ensure that your comments are shared with the team.