“Outstanding service lead by Raquel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Dubai Creek

Hilton Dubai Creek
Ranked #89 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Outstanding service lead by Raquel”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Guest services are really important when travelling away from home, and when it works well it lifts the pressure and hassle of the trip. Guest service manager Raquel showed a commitment to customers and terrific leadership skills during my recent visit. The trip coincided with a major fair and build up to a Jazz festival, and I certainly hadn't seen hotels this busy on my numerous trips to Dubai. Raquel and her team made every guest I saw her deal with feel as if they were the only person that mattered to the hotel. I encountered Raquel initially upon arriving in the early hours of the morning after a flight from the UK. My travel agent had made an error and hadn't booked a room. The hitel was fully booked but Raquel rang around and managed to find me a room for the night. Just the support I needed after a long flight and the problem of not having a hotel. After a visit to Abu Dhabi, I arrived at the hotel having recently lost my wallet. From Suri's warm welcome on arrival telling me not to worry and proceed to the executive check-in, to Homer's understanding and arranging the room, to Moeen's car arranging, the daunting Police Station visit to collect the wallet that had been handed in no long felt onerous. Unfortunately when I went to the station the wallet could not be retrieved as that section had closed. Dejected, I returned to the hotel. Everybody seemed to be concerned in resolving the matter and Moeen took it upon himself to call the station and arrange for an Arabic-speaking driver. Some time later I returned with my wallet and checked in. The genuine and fantastic support and concern from Suri, Homer and Moeen was something I hadn't witnessed before on my travels. However the key driver throughout was Raquel who was arranging the team throughout. Her leadership and commitment was something to behold. Funnily enough I had been considering not using Hilton's again after some pretty poor service, but this experience has left me in no doubt about staying.

2 Thank CRMaple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The rooms have a nice amount of space, beautiful set up and furniture. The two rooms I've stayed in have both faced Dubai Creek which is a beautiful sight at night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the creek.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank RacquelMS
Tortola
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The management is emirate and the work staff is pakistani.
When your dealing with payments, bookings, visas, you deal with the welfare baby fed emirates.
Who do not know how to give service, do bend and worship their guests and grovel at their feet.

Any time you ask an emirate staff member, he then takes forever to do things or throws tantrum, that it is too much work. The pakistanis are hard working, but they are too scared of their masters as they think they might get fired if they out shun the emirate management.

The jumierah hilton is better, more expensive, but at least the location and the beach compensate...

I will never go their, and ask for visa papers 10 years in advance, these emirates think they are god's gift, but they are just paid employees of a franchise hilton hotel branch

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Sale S
MikeNalborczyk, General Manager at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Hi Sale S,
I am at a lost to understand where we went wrong? Very much appreciate to contact me with more detail.

Brussels
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stayed a week at the Creek with a group of colleagues, as our office is nearby -the rooms are very comfortable and spacious, with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Creek. The internal restaurant "Table 9" although being voted no. 1 in this same site, looked to me quite common and surely not the best in town! Breakfast is generous but not extraordinary. the golf creek and some bars are in the proximity, but count at least 20 minutes drive to downtown and 40 to the Marina (where lifestyle is).

2 Thank AliEnrico
MikeNalborczyk, General Manager at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear Ali,
Thanks for your comments.Hope next time you dine in TAble9 so you can see for yourself what Nick&Scott are delivering in Table9!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We usualy stay at the Meridan at the airport but gave this a try and were glad that we did. The car picked us up as aranged and were allocated a room on the 14th floor which is the only floor with balconies. The staff couldn't do enough to help. We booked the executive package but didn't realise that this also got us breakfast in the Glasshouse although what was on offer in the Club was sufficient. The snacks at night were great and were varied and plentiful. We have twice missed out on paid breakfast at the Meridian due to early morning departures but here we were offered room service (outwith the normal hours) at no charge which arrived bang on 4.15 as requested. (full set table too, not just a tray).
The area is very interesting and worth exploring. We used the transfer to the beach twice which was a nice change and well used. Only down side is the the lighting in the hotel is subdued by design and not what we go for but nice just the same. Also, I am sure that there have been a few falls on the glass staircase so we used the lifts. Would revisit without hesitation.

Room Tip: The odd number rooms have better views as the even number rooms looks into apartments.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ianmcwhirter2016
Hi Embla,
Thanks for your kind comments.
The fire works on the creek during Shopping Festival are spectacular from the roof top. Nice that they do it every night! Thanks for your comments about our guard and we always take our security seriously, however, they must also ensure some balance to their approach. I will take upto the team. Thanks once again.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 10 February 2012

A smaller hotel along Dubai Creek, but modern in design and featuring excellent service. The staff is what stands out here. I was assisted by Enrico at check-in and check-out, who was really great - friendly and very welcoming! The housekeeping staff was also fantastic and helpful, and would always leave me towels folded in cute animal shapes.

The hotel restaurant, Table 9, is amazing (you get a discount as a hotel guest too!) and while the lobby is somewhat small, there's a lot of seating available and it's very stylish. The views are also great if you have a room facing the creek. Be sure to also head up to the rooftop pool - stunning views of the creek, especially at night, and a great spot to view the nightly fireworks for the Shopping Festival!

The only con to my stay was the creepy guard at the back door who was very insistent about asking me what room I was staying in. Aside from him however, I had a fantastic stay. I've stayed at the hotel twice already, and I'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the creek, especially a high, corner room. :)
1 Thank Embla S
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Thoroughly enjoying our stay at the Dubai Creek Hilton - staff and housekeeping personnel have done an exceptional job of making us feel welcome and giving attention to our needs anty time we have made a request

Room Tip: Corner suites at higher floors give excellent view of Dubai Creek. Also our room steward, Mani, was...
1 Thank Douglas F
Hi Douglas,
Thanks for your note. I can't tell you how pleased Mani was to see his name in trip advisor! Has been sharing with all his family which is lovely! Thanks once again.

Reagrds,