“PRICE DOES NOT REFLECT THE FOOD QUALITY”
Review of Red Box Restaurant

Red Box Restaurant
Ranked #3,276 of 10,510 Restaurants in Dubai
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I've seen this Restaurant rise from the start and as always, the biggest challenge for any food outlet is to maintain food quality. Red Box has certainly grown in their pricing but not with their food quality. Some items are exorbitantly over priced (like the Pol Sambol) that you literally feel cheated. Sri Lankan Restaurants are known for their spicyness but the finger foods here bears no resemblance or have been terribly toned down. Don't get me wrong, some of their dishes still may hold the same taste but pricing surely does not meet reality. Very disappointed of late !!

Reviewed January 28, 2018

We have been here numerous times. Everything is totally Sri Lankan. All speak the native language of Sri Lanka. All items on display are the same as would be if you walk into a Sri Lankan Restaurant back home.

A must visit for Sri Lankans, an experience for others. They are available for party catering from home too. Thank you very much Red Box and Crew. Your service is really out of the box! 'Bohoma Isthuthi' :-)

Reviewed December 26, 2016 via mobile

We visit the restaurant every month. Great food specialy hoppers , authentic Sri Lankan flavours.
Every Friday breakfast items specially the fish bun and egg buns, great taste

Reviewed November 25, 2016 via mobile

We frequent redbox as my wife loves the way they cook the the sri lankan dishes specially the prawns curry and being a veggie I opted for the mushroom deviled- I really enjoyed the dish as it was cooked differently than what I had tasted before in chef lanka and ayubowan- It was really delicious I littlerly had the entire dish without out even offering to share the dish with my wife- to top it up they also served ice coffee ( cold coffee as comanly known) it was a perfect closing for our dinner experiance at Red box. Red box is really worth a try.

Reviewed September 30, 2016 via mobile

Picked up a few short eats and Laprais.

Not bad at all mainly due to the reasonable pricing. Please oh please don't tell me you could make it at home or its oh so cheap in Sri Lanka.

If you are going to compare it to ingredients from SL, etc you will disappoint yourself.

Its a good option if you feeling nostalgic and can't sell a kidney.