“Great food, great ambiance, a bit too expensive”
Review of Qbara

Qbara
Ranked #157 of 10,378 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: QBARA WILL BE CLOSED OVER THE HOLY MONTH OF RAMADAN (6 JUNE TO 5 JULY 2016) Qbara Dubai at WAFI is the brainchild of JAS Hospitality - a Dubai-based hospitality development and management studio - dedicated to bringing compelling food, immaculate service and glamorous design to Dubai and the region. Enhanced by vibrant entertainment elements, Qbara will be adding a stylish and exciting new highlight to Dubai's increasingly sophisticated dining scene. The menu features passionately composed dishes inspired by the great Levant, Middle Eastern and Moroccan cuisines with a focus on high-quality, fresh ingredients, the use of indigenous spices, contemporary cooking methods and careful presentation. The culinary vision is to set quintessentially authentic flavors into contemporary, modern context. Qbara's spectacular interiors have been conceived by award-winning Tokyo-based interior design Studio Glitt - Noriyoshi Muramatsu - who skillfully created a magical vernacular of traditional Middle Eastern cultural elements set in juxtaposition with a ultra-contemporary design philosophy. The venue's interiors lavishly spread over two floors with a focal stage bar and a cosy restaurant area forming the ground floor and luxuriously comfortable lounge seating areas on an elevated multi-level balcony above. The architectural centre piece is a two-storey tall vertical installation of carved timber panels that also serve as a projection surface for visual art displays. The ambience is distinctly high-energy, fashionable & sophisticated yet casual and fun. After all it's all in the Name.... 'Qbara' as such can mean 'large & generous' but spelt backwards could almost sound like 'Arabic' representing a departure from the traditional - not authenticity - and thus intrinsically an ancient word with a twist to encapsulate a wholly new and modern concept.
Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

I went here last night with my wife. Let me comment on 3 different aspects.

1) The food was awesome. For meat we had the octopus and Syria lamb with berries. For vegetarian we had the falafel, artichoke and mushroom risotto. I can't fault the food - presentation, taste, size it was all exquisite. But do note that we had 1 main course, 1 side, 1 salad and 2 hot sides. But this was enough to fill us up. For drinks we had the Zigroni and a mojito mocktail.

2) The service was great. Very attentive. To be fair it wasn't busy when we arrived but regardless of that they were very professional and on point

3) the only slight qualm is the expense. The total was 550 AED and as mentioned above that only included one main and 2 alcoholic cocktails (no wine or water). I thought that was a bit steep. But then you have to balance that vs the quality of food, service and the awesome ambiance - the 2 storey wall is very impressive. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to all visitors but just be weary of the cost beforehand.

1  Thank n1jyx
QPiero, General Manager at Qbara, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Qbara experience with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your dinner and I have passed on your comments to the Chef. I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

Great place to try out new foods. Great décor, very Middle Eastern. Very reasonably priced for Dubai. We passed on the fixed priced menu and elected to go a la carte. The meat and the rice was excellent. A quinoa salad was one of the best things we tasted. We enjoyed the cocktails and the many side dishes we ordered. Would go back here again. Very good service.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Qbara review with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your evening from the beverages to the food; I have passed on your comments to the Culinary and Bar teams.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

Perfect food
Perfect atmosphere
Perfect music

A perfect place to discover and enjoy Arabic food. The atmosphere is in a lounge style.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share you Qbara experience with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the evening and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 23, 2016 via mobile

We came for a romantic anniversary and tried the set menu: excellent value for money. Quality and quantity of food are very good. We finished in the bar area enjoying the nice ambiance after dinner. Three hours passed like minutes.

Dear Olivier,

It is a pleasure to read that you chose to spend such a special occasion with us at Qbara and to read that you had a lovely evening. I have passed on your comments to the whole team and I hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 6, 2016

Great place for a meal & cocktails!
Very friendly staff, the barman know their stuff!
We went for the Taste of Qbara set menu option for the food and it was one of the best meals I've had in a long time,
Just a little tip, you might need a torch when you go to the toilet (its very dark) but it all adds to the atmosphere and ambiance.
If I come back to Dubai again this would be one of the first places I'd visit without a doubt!

Dear David,

Thank you for sharing your Qbara experience with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your evening, especially seeing as the Experience menu is one of my personal recommendations as well. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Dubai.