“Looking for luxury go no further.....”

Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah
Ranked #14 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Fantastic fantastic fantastic , our second stay in a Jumeirah hotel they just have it spot on! Ok so you pay more but it's worth it - if you enjoy attentive staff who can't do enough for you surrounded by luxurious surroundings then this is the venue for your perfect holiday.

We can't fault our week in this hotel, the staff were amazing , the choice of restaurants was perfect - attention to detail is certainly something Jumeirah prides itself on , pool boys walking round offering slices of cold cucumber for your eyes, then offering guests ice lollies and bottles of water. in addition the hotel has a policy where all staff must greet the guests when passing, it makes for an extremely pleasant environment.

We will be returning again towards the end of the year, we have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Oh and almost forgot to mention, the beds are heavenly so so comfy!

3  Thank Nikki C
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review and recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor, following your second stay at Madinat Jumeirah.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleased with the service and facilities provided for our guests within the property.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah, by the end of this year.

There are newer reviews for Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah

Reviewed 2 April 2012

There is no need to write a huge review, this hotel is amazing, that's all you need to know.

My Wife and I will definitely be returning in the future, although we will probably try the Mina Al Salam next time (Just for a change).

1  Thank Daniel H
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah.

I am delighted to learn that you and your wife enjoyed your time with us and your kind words are greatly appreciated. I will definitely share your feedback with the rest of the team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have visited this hotel with my husband on 10 different occasions and I think it's totally gorgeous!! The reason for such a high number of visits is that I have been to many hotels around the world and I've got stuck on this one because I know if I go anywhere else, I will compare it to this hotel and it just won't match up! The hotel is in 3 parts but all linked and on the same site -Al Qasr, where we stay. Mina al Salam and then there's the Dar al Masyaf villas and they are all great.

The whole place has been built with so much imagination and attention to detail. It is set on a beautiful water-way (like a mini Venice - but not smelly!) where traditional 'Abra' boats take you around to different parts of the hotel (although you can also walk) - very romantic, especially when going to dinner at one of the huge range of restaurants on site. This means that even if you don't book a sea view room, you will most likely still see water, as the waterway runs all around the hotel. Everything possible has been thought of and the entrance to the Al Qasr part of the hotel where we stay is breathtaking. I am still in awe each time I go! The rooms are really tastefully decorated in an Arabian style and the beds are seriously comfortable- I so want one at home! The bathrooms are also very luxurious. The two pools are really gorgeous and there's plenty of sunloungers. The whole hotel has a very posh feel about it, but not snobby that you feel out of place if you're not exceedingly well off.

On top of that, the hotel is on the best bit of beach in Dubai, Jumeirah beach and it has an amazing view of the Burj al Arab hotel, which is a joy to watch in the evening as it has a light show every night (better than staying there when you can't see any of that from inside - I've stayed there, so I know!), where it changes colour and lights up the area. If you eat at Zeng He's, a wonderful Chinese restaurant, the view is spectacular and also from the beach restaurant and bar, 'Shimmers'. The beach is lovely and clean and there is also a watersports centre.

The staff are all amazing and everytime I go to Madinat Jumeirah, I am made to feel like a Princess! Everyone is so friendly and welcoming and now as we have been there so many times, it feels like home from home as we have got to know so many lovely people. Everyone goes out of their way to speak to you and make sure you are having a good time. It's a refereshing change from at lot of European hotels, where the quality of accomodation and service really don't match up to what I've become accustomed to in Dubai. The hotel restaurants are wonderful, with plenty to choose from and I've written a seperate review about MJ's Steakhouse, which is our favourite, but we also love The Wharf, Pai Thai, Zeng He's and Pier Chic (as it's name suggests is at the end of a man-made pier looking back at the whole of Madinat Jumeirah and views of the Burj). You never really have to leave the hotel if you don't want to - which we never really do as we just want to be totally lazy and the quality of everything is so good that there's no need to!

Great shoping at the 'Mall of the Emirates' is only a short taxi ride away and other shopping centres are also not too far and taxis are extremely cheap.

There is a fantastic spa at the hotel, 'Talise' and it's well worth a visit. I've had a few really relaxing massages there and my husband too and the whole area is just so relaxing. There is a 'souk' at the hotel too, which has some shops, including a pharmacy, cafe's an ATM machine|(very handy) and restaurants too, and a Starbucks!

Now that I have a young son, we have continued with our visits to Madinat Jumeirah, as it is such a safe place for children to be and there is a brilliant kids club 'Sinbad's' where the staff are super friendly and the kids pool is under a canopy, so it offers a lot of shade. As the hotel is part of the Jumeirah group of hotels, you can also use the kids pool and club at the neighbouring 'Jumeirah Beach Hotel' which is also fab and you can take one of the hotel golf buggies to get there and it only takes a few minutes. There are so many lifeguards it's unbelievable. At most hotels they don't even have one, but here there are more than enough both at all of the communal pools and on the beach! There is also a lifeguard on each of the villa pools and at the spa pool too. The lifeguards are all properly trained and if you're up early enough, you even see them doing training in the morning before starting their shift.

For those of you with children, there are qualified baby-sitters to give you a bit of a break and they can work during the day as well as in the evenings and were very reasonably priced. We used Helen (from Lifeguard team as we already knew her from pervious stays and she was familiar with our son) and also Mona Lisa. Both were wonderful.

There is also a doctor on site, which is great and you can go to them or they can come to your room, depending how sick you are. This is good to know when you have a young child with you and we have used this facility when my husband was ill on one trip and my son had a throat infection on another.

To add a little something extra, the hotel also provides little treats throughout the day when you are on the beach or by the pool such as ice-lollies, fruits, cucumber for your eyes and cold flannels - I told you they'd thought of everything!

Each time we go, we are never disappointed - in fact it seems to get better and better - and we are really looking forward to our next visit!

I just want to give a special mention to a few people, so you can look out for them too, that help to make our holiday evern more special - At the restaurant, Khaymet al Bahar, there is Chef Rashid, Chef Victor and Chef Joseph, waiters, Rolando, Kushan, Dinesh, Elvis and Sanka, Moanlisa at reception and Darren the manager. We go there every morning for breakfast, as it's the restaurant at the pool with a view of the sea as well, so we know a lot of people. At MJ's Steakhouse, it's waiters Agnelo and Duminda, Assistant Manager Safraz, Chef Eddie. At the Premium Leisure Club, it's Sid, the barman, Ole the Manager, Heidi,
Dane the manager of 'Shimmers' the beach restaurant and bar, Maggie who was in charge of the nightclub, Trilogy, Helen one of the pool lifeguards, who also did a fantastic job of babysitting our son , as I mentioned and Katy the lifeguard manager. Also, there is another Helen at Sinbad's Kids Club, Mickey and Pinkies. BeBe, manager at Zeng He's Chinese Restaurant and... all of these staff members are headed up by a fantastic Hotel General Manager, Ms. Houston, who we have got to know over our many visits and who we think does an amazing job and her assistant Nadine. I know there's loads more that I haven't mentioned, but I could go on all day!

As you can see, I can't stop singing the praises of this place and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone :-) Hurry up and book and have an amazing time!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Nicky909
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued loyalty to Madinat Jumeirah. It is always wonderful to read of guests who continue to choose to stay at Madinat Jumeirah over the many holiday options available. I am particularly delighted to read that your recent holiday with us was again a very enjoyable stay.

Thank you for acknowledging the efforts of particular team members and it is always with pride that I personally recognize their efforts to exceed expectations and provide a truly personalized service on all occasions. I shall certainly extend your kind comments to these colleagues and thank you for offering this feedback.

I appreciate you recommending our Hotel and I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to your second home in Dubai, Madinat Jumeirah.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Best hotel I have ever stayed in, so many great facilities and restaurants, love it, pool can be crowded with young children but the beach is superb. Staff are unbelievably friendly, food is Michelin star quality, beach is as clean as bottled water, abras are a great experience, souk is nice, amazing views from rooms of burj, the palm and the world, breakfast chef Joseph in the pool breakfast area cooks amazing food freshly for you and is very polite. Rather stay there than the Burj, thoroughly recommended, I go every Easter and October since 2004 and have never been disappointed, gets better every year. Can't understand why it is only #5 it should be #1!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank 5starvisitor

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and to compare us so favourably to other hotel. Besides the world class product that we have, I am sure that it is our service and attention to details, are what makes us special. Still, we will work hard every day to try to deliver a perfect Arabian experience for all our guests.

Your kind acknowledgement of Joseph from our Culinary team is very much appreciated and it is with great pleasure that I am able to recognize particular colleague for his efforts to ensure our guests are truly satisfied. I have extended your feedback to Joseph who was delighted to learn you remembered him.

Once again, thank you for your continuous loyalty and I appreciate you recommending our Hotel. We all certainly look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed in the dar al masayaf villas which are dotted around with small pools in between. The main pool has alot of families in it, alot of kids! The beach has great kabanas with curtains and deck chairs. Food is ok as with most Jumeirah properties. It feels like a get away even though it's in Dubai.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank AyeshaDubai

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us at Al Qasr and that your holiday continues to remain such a fond memory for you. Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort and to continuing to ensure your stays with us impress you and provide such fond memories.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

When we arrived at the hotel it was 1.00 am, our agent had booked and paid for the room to be available, when we arrived it was not. Check in took some time and we were offerred an "up grade" to "down grade" to the Minah Salam hotel on the same site, we had booked and paid for the Al Qasr and no matter what upgrade they could or would offer would deter me. Happily it was eventually sorted out and we got to bed at 3.30 am, check in could have been handled better and the hotel have acknowledged this.

The rest of the trip and the hotel was as you would expect for a 5 Star hotel, clean, friendly staff, good amenities, great location with pool and sea and most importantly very safe.

The restaurants Peir Chic - fish, Alhambra - Spanish, the Thai one (name escapes me) were of excellent quality as was the Friday brunch.

I would thoroughly recommend the hotel and will happily go back again.

Room Tip: best to go for a sea view - statement of the obvious, more expensive but worth it
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donkey3653

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay at Al Qasr Hotel, Madinat Jumeirah.

I am of course most concerned to learn of your disappointment upon arrival in regard to your room allocation and would like to extend my sincere apologies that your experience fell short of the high standards we are renowned for achieving. Your feedback has been brought to the attention of our Front Office & Reservation team and ever effort will be made to improve moving forward.

On a more positive note, I am delighted to learn that remainder of your stay was enjoyable and I would like to thank you for your rewarding comments in regards to the product and services that you received during your holiday. I will certainly share this with the team whom I am positive will be delighted to learn of the same.

Once again, thank you for bringing this matter to my attention and also for indicating that you will be happy to return to the resort. We certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the refined ambiance and service excellence for which we are known and that you as our valued guests have come to expect from residing at our hotel.

Anne Marie Houston

Reviewed 20 March 2012

We got there, rather tired and weary, in the middle of the night and the reception kept us waiting for about 15 minutes before anyone could get off their phones to register us. I considered taking away the fifth review star then, but relented after about three days of friendly service and beautiful surroundings.
We had an ordinary room with "ocean view". And the view was indeed very nice, even with a lot of garden between the room and the ocean. The room was large and well equipped, as would be expected from a resort in this price bracket.
A few things were a bit surprising. Even as a hotel guest you have to book early for dinner at the most popular restaurants, particularly the one on the pier. If you are only there for few days, book before arrival. Also the afternoon tea tends to be fully booked on the day. (Of course there are plenty of alternatives, so you will not go hungry.) And the prices for quite ordinary wines are way over and above anything I've seen even in really posh restaurants anywhere. About $150 for a bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc?
But the friendly and attentive staff (after the first reception) and the good food, beautiful beach, pool and surroundings made up for it all, and the five stars are well earned.

Room Tip: Unless you plan to entertain guests in your room, the standard size is more than enough for most req...

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for providing us with a feedback following your recent stay with us at Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah. Your feedback will certainly assist us in order to further enhance our processes to ensure that we can better manage our guest expectations.

We are constantly monitoring our arrival experience and want to ensure that our guest receives a smooth and speedy check in. I have addressed your feedback to all the colleagues in the lobby in order to ensure that the guests are recognized upon arrival and start the check in process immediately. In any case if the guest needs to wait for the room to be ready, the guests must be duly updated about the status of the rooms.

Most of our restaurants are popular not only among the in house guests but also for the local residents in Dubai, hence an advance booking is the best way to secure a table.

Once again, thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor, I very much appreciate your comments in regards to the rest of the team and the surrounding of the resort. We certainly hope that you will be returning to Madinat Jumeirah, in the future.