3,869 results
All reviews premium leisure club madinat jumeirah wild wadi talise spa golf buggies pat thai ice lollies arabic style half board hotel complex our honeymoon cold towels restaurants and bars kids club private beach water park life guards
Reviewed April 8, 2016

Every superlative doesn't seem to do justice to describing the experience. While researching hotels before booking here we focused on either the Marina or Downtown as we generally prefer to stay in the thick of things. What a mistake that would have been. We found nothing compelling about the Marina and the Downtown area is so crowded and touristy we wanted to get out of there as fast as we could. The Al Qasr, on the other hand provided an oasis of calm and was utterly beautiful -- the entry, lobby, rooms, bathrooms, grounds. I never wanted to leave. The breakfast is huge and the variety impressive. I enjoyed having hummus for breakfast every day during my stay. We loved taking the boats and buggies. We took a buggy to the Burj - don't try to do this w/out a reservation. (They wont take you so don't even try. We had to show our written confirmation). There were so many restaurants at the Madinat that we never had to venture outside and because its all on hotel property you can get liquor at all of the restaurants there--and we like our liquor. The souk, although not really authentic was very preferable to the real souks. I am sure there is not a spice to be had. On the other hand no one was pressuring or busking you like they are at the Spice Souk. When we checked in, we were personally taken to our room by a concierge. I was a bit apprehensive as our room was on the groud level and I am a nervous and paranoid type. I needn't have worried because there are security posted at the entrance to the room areas. Our room was lovely-Arabic in style. Luxurious sheets and towels. The toiletries are a very big deal for me at any hotel, and here they were top notch - Amouage. They had both men and women varieties and they were the largest I had ever seen in any hotel. The service, as expected, was excellent, maybe even "hover-y." We checked in in early December and were surprised when we came out the next morning to find that overnight they had set up Christmas trees all over the hotel, which was an incongruous experience given that we were in an Arabic country and its hot outside. Our room had a balcony and over looked a canal and we enjoyed sitting out there and watching the boats go by. One night, as we were going to bed there was some loud music coming from a bar w/in the hotel. We called to complain and they actually turned it down - unbelievable! The grounds here are beautiful and there are paths all over. There are brightly painted life size camel statues interspersed here and there and one can have an enjoyable stroll through the grounds viewing them. There is a spa and we had a massage and it was very peaceful. I felt like we were the only ones there. The spa is far away from the rest of the hotel I suppose you can walk there but we took a boat. We booked our stay through a travel agent (old fashioned, I know) and got a package that included breakfast, meal vouchers are many of the restaurants, a spa treatment and Wild Wadi Water Park (which unfortunately we never got to). I recommend going this way if you can. One thing about the location--although there is plenty to see and do on property, you should know that you cant really walk anywhere else. Not that you can in Dubai anyway where just crossing a street can induce a migraine. Plan on taking a cabs everywhere. We tried taking public transportation to the Spice Souk. I don't recommend this for people who don't feel very comfortable getting lost in a very different part of the world. The only thing I did not like was that some of the excellent doormen deal with the cabbies who are mostly (if not all) immigrants in an aggressive manner. I hope we can go back to Dubai someday and if we do, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. It is truly an Oasis in the desert.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review about Jumeirah Al Qasr that you have recently shared on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to know that you were overall impressed by the luxurious surroundings in the Resort and the Jumeirah standard of service excellence provided by our colleagues.

We will be looking forward to seeing you once again in Al Qasr.

Jumeirah Al Qasr & Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf

Reviewed April 8, 2016

We spent an excellent week here over Easter. Be prepared to pay double the general rates for the privilege (we didn't know that accommodation would be so expensive over Easter until we had booked flights!) it was a great week and we had a really relaxing time. The Al Qasr is a fantastic hotel, beautifully designed and meticulously maintained. The food is particularly good, but buy a half board package because there are so many restaurants in the hotels in the Jumereih complex, you won't need to leave. The fitness centre is large and well equipped and has a really nice indoor pool. Housekeeping is generous and of a very high standard. (I haven't been to any other hotel where they replenish your fruit bowl daily). some things have quite ludicrous price tags e.g £30 for a glass of Moët! Really?! £50 for 1 hand of henna for my daughter which took 10 minutes. That's just silly.
Loads of life guards in the pool so if you have younger kids you can switch off a bit. The life guards on the beach were a bit strict and bathing was often restricted because of the weather. Beach service was good. Wifi everywhere the best in any hotel I've stayed at. Very friendly and helpful staff. No real criticism except of the parents of little children who let their offspring scream, run about and generally overrun the place with little regard to other diners. It's understandable over breakfast but there were very few restaurants where we found a prevailing adult climate. Your best bets are the Indian in the Jumereih Beach and the Mexican. We'll be back for sure, but not in peak season!

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review that you have shared on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent holiday in Jumeirah Al Qasr.

It is good to know that you were impressed by the overall ambiance in the Resort and the Jumeirah standard of service excellence that was provided by our colleagues during your stay.

Your kind recommendation and commitment to return for another holiday is highly appreciated.

We will definitely be looking forward to seeing you once again in Al Qasr.

Jumeirah Al Qasr & Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf

Reviewed April 7, 2016

My daughter and I have just returned from a 5 night stay at Jameirah Al Qasr and we have had such an amazing time. The grounds are stunning and kept very clean and tidy. We had a ocean view room which was beautifully furnished and a lovely view. All the staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. The food was excellent in all the restaurants although my favourite was the Khaymat Al Bahar which was Lebanese food.
We will definitely back.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am grateful for the glowing review you have shared in TripAdvisor regarding your stay in Al Qasr.

Thank you for acknowledging the positive elements of your holiday and for recognizing our butler colleagues whose efforts contributed a great part in making your stay more enjoyable.

Your commitment to return for another holiday is highly appreciated.

Jumeirah Al Qasr and Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf

Reviewed April 7, 2016 via mobile

I am appalled that I didn't leave this review sooner. From what I have read, Al Qasr has only gotten better since 2009, when I visited with my family. After 14 hours on a plane with two rambunctious toddler boys, the seamless check-in, while being plied with drinks, dates and refreshing towelettes was just what the doctor ordered. Ahhhh, nothing like Arab hospitality.

We had fresh fruit in our spacious room- the kids got a kick out of the animal shaped towels each night. We did the half board, so we got breakfast and either dinner or lunch each day. The buffet was stellar.
A special treat for us all was the 'dhow' used to transport guests from one end of Al Qasr to the other. Water was nice and did not smell. I also enjoyed perusing the hotel's 'souk' /market. Another bonus were the complimentary passes and shuttle to the water park 'Wild Wadi'. We had a great time!

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review about Jumeirah Al Qasr that you have shared on TripAdvisor.

We were delighted to read that you were overall impressed by the facilities of our hotel and the quality of services provided during your stay. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration for us to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your recent stay.

We will be looking forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Jumeirah Al Qasr Hotel and Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf Villas

Reviewed April 6, 2016

Stayed at the Al Qasr for 7 nights in Sept 2015. I wanted to celebrate a special anniversary with my wife, what better location than this fabulous 'Pearl of the Gulf'. Superb service , The management and staff cannot do enough for you. The Dine Around is fantastic if it's available as you get a choice of many quality restaurants .The beach is very clean the sea is like a warm bath, Will be visiting Dubai again June 2016 and cannot think of staying anywhere else

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2016

Best Regards,