We spent four nights in this hotel prior to a 7 night cruise of UAE from Dubai, and found everything extremely good about this hotel.
We arrived in the early hours of the morning after a 7.5 hour flight, and were greeted with a smile and juice, and a quick check-in to non smoking Room 816 (top floor), which has a wonderful view of the fort, museum, Rulers Court and creek.
Spacious room with lovely Arabian furniture, tea & coffee making facilities (with biscuits), fridge full of drinks and snacks you might want to purchase, adequately sized bathroom equipped with toiletries which were replaced as used, and two bottles of water provided daily free of charge. Bath robes and slippers also there for your use.
Ample selection for breakfast to suit all tastes/requirements. Indian, Chinese & Thai & Pizza restaurants as well as Sherlock Holmes Pub. We ate in Sherlock Holmes and found meals to be very good, served by friendly staff. Nice coffee shop, with sandwiches & cakes etc on ground floor.
We found all staff to be extremely courteous, polite and friendly which made us feel very welcome.
There is a Mosque close by, so you do hear the calls to worship, but we soon got used to these - probably so tired after sightseeing!
Big Bus Tour bus-stop across the road, which was very handy. Excellent tour (220 dirhams per person) which included free Dhow cruise, free entrance to museum and Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum's House, free walking tour. One suggestion for Big Bus Tour Company - why can't you put signs up at bus stops advising clients if Dhow Cruise cancelled?? This would save a lot of bother, windy weather had cancelled dhow cruise on the day we were going, and we ended up having a long walk back from the Dhow Cruise starting point.
A "must" is a trip across the Creek on an abra - 1 dirham per person. Run all the time. Different, but great, and takes you across to spice and gold souks - leave this for the evening though, not open daytime.Very interesting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arabian hospitality comes alive the moment you enter the portals and step into the distinctive lobby. Warmth meets efficiency as you are made to feel at home instantly. The heritage inspired ambience with cool stone and warm tones of rich wood, invites you to be part of it.Set in the historic heart of Dubai, a stone throw away from the Dubai Creek and the timeless Souk Al Kabeer (Meena Bazar), the award winning Arabian Courtyard Hotel and Spa is a true Arabian themed hotel. Next to Dubai Museum, Ruler’s Court and Diplomatic Enclave, having British Embassy, US and Saudi Consulates as neighbors, hotel and surrounding Bastakiya historic area is so rich in its heritage flavor and cultural elements, you could say it’s been a few centuries in the making.Arabian Courtyard Hotel and Spa is ideally located for all travelers, as it is a brisk stroll to the Metro station, textile and computer market and Bank Street. Dubai Trade Center and Burj Khalifa is a short drive from the hotel as is the fabled Gold Souk, Port Rashid and Dry Docks are all within easy reach. The Dubai International Airport is 6 kilometers away only. With 173 elegantly furnished rooms in traditional Arabic theme including 23 elegantly furnished suites and 41 executive rooms, our central hotel offers all the latest amenities for discerning travelers. A variety of dining and entertainment options as well as conference & banquet with the latest technology are on offer. Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa also offers a fully equipped health & recreation center as well as a Wellness Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel And Spa
- Courtyard Hotel Dubai
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel Dubai
- Courtyard Dubai
- Dubai Courtyard
- Arabian Courtyard Dubai