“Great value but location lacks”

Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa
Ranked #145 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Dubai is known for its superb hotels and service. We only had 3 nights in Dubai and wanted to experience a good hotel in a convenient location. Arabian Courtyard was definitely great value for money where property prices are exorbitant in a city like Dubai. However, the hotel is located near Deira, which is the old city of Dubai. The area has a lot to see like the gold and spice souks but it is not the Dubai you see in postcards. The Burj Khalifa is a good 15 minute cab ride away. The metro runs near by but it is not nearly as convenient as the lines are not extensive just yet. The rooms were good; large and spacious rooms with an Arabian theme. The hotel staff were nice but not overly attentive. I guess I expected a little more from hotels in Dubai. There is wifi available for 24AED a day which is on the cheaper end for paid internet but the connection is not great. We had a decent time but I think I was expecting a little more after reading some of the other TA reviews. I would definitely opt to stay closer to downtown Dubai for the experience. I know the Dusit Thani was in a similar price range when I was choosing hotels and the location is definitely much better there.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jessica G
There are newer reviews for Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 10 May 2012

The 2 night stay at this hotel was really amazing. From food to staff to the comfort everything was of high level. Also the the interiors along with the over look of the hotel will take you the olden time. Will certainly come again to this hotel in my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
HabibKhan, General Manager at Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

Thank you for staying 2 nights in the hotel. I am glad to know that everything was of high level and our hospitality has met your satisfaction and expectation. Thank you as well for liking the hotel’s Arabic theme especially the view of the Old Dubai.

Hope to see you again on your next trip.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stayed here twice over the last 10 days, and was pleasantly suprised at the value for money this hotel represented. Stayed in a standard room the first time and had booked an Executive room for the 2nd stay.

I've stayed in a few of the more modern streamlined (and expensive!) hotels in Dubai and was feeling like seeing a glimpse of the more authentic Dubai, and this hotel's location in the Bur Dubai area across the road from the Dubai Museum and within a stone's throw of the busy Dubai Creek was great. You can walk to the Creek along the many shops and grab a water taxi to the souks on the other side. Taxis are cheap to the malls if you need a fix, cost me 20 dirhams to get to WAFI and then it was 45 dirhams from WAFI to Mall of the Emirates.

The hotel itself is clean and comfortable and provides all amenities in your room you need, mini-bar, ironing board, iron, hairdryer, bathroom was on the small side and a bit dated, but for the price of the room I was not complaining. Rooms were very quiet, only hear the mosque call to prayer which you get used to fairly quickly.

My second stay I was upgraded to a one-bed suite as there had been some mild confusion around the first night of the booking, this was much appreciated as was offered by the front desk staff without me asking. View from my room in both instances was great, directly out over the mosque and Dubai Fort with Creek in the background. Had access to a small but perfectly formed Executive Lounge, which offers free WiFi and a very gracious and friendly lady managing the lounge who remembers you each time you come in for breakfast or an evening drink, very welcoming.

I tried out the Indian restaurant's room service and it was delicious and again good value.

My only criticism is the length of time I had to wait at Reception trying to check in/out, I think they need to add another team member to assist at it seemed slow with the hotel being quite busy.

I tried out the Spa downstairs, had a wonderful Jet Lag massage for 30mins as well as a facial, also good value.

All in all, I would happily stay here again, as I felt a genuine Arabic warmth and hospitality at this hotel I have not experienced elswhere in Dubai.

Room Tip: Ask for high floors with view over Museum
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank DameDuFerAustralie
HabibKhan, General Manager at Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your experience during your stay with us. I am very pleased to know that you had felt a genuine Arabic warmth and hospitality in our hotel which you have not experienced elsewhere in Dubai.

As you are aware, the hotel location is accessible in all places. Dubai museum is just opposite us and it is surrounded by many Tourist spots like the Historical Bastakia, Rulers Court, the vibrant Shopping streets with Gold, Electronics and Textiles in the famous Meena Bazaar. You can also walk to the creek and grab a water taxi to the souks on the other side as you have experienced.

Thank you as well for your positive comments with regards to your room, Room Service and Spa. I have also noted your remark on your waiting period during check in/out, which will help us to improve our services to our guests. Nevertheless, please accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenienced that caused you. Rest assured that we will provide better services on your next visit.

Looking forward to see you again

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Been here a few times and would go again , the hotel is clean and the staff are all excellent we have not yet met one who has not been impeccable.The rooms are of a good size and were kept very clean.Seems some of the staff fromour previous stay have moved on as there were a lot of new faces however the standards remaind the same.
Thanks to all the staff for an excellent stay
Russ & Wendy Turner

Room Tip: Use the free bus to the beach Use the free shuttle back to the airport it runs a few times a day j...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank RussT6
HabibKhan, General Manager at Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Thank you for your continued support and for having a great stay with us. I am happy to know that once again our hospitality has met your expectation and satisfaction.

I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 9 May 2012

We found the Arabian Courtyard to be a very nice hotel, especially the friendly multicultural staff. The in-house Indian restaurant is also excellent. It was a 2 day stopover visit, and a nice cool and pleasant place to rest before continuing our journey.

Room Tip: We had room 810, an Executive floor room with a great view over the old town and creek. It costs mor...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AuntyJoy

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your 2 days stop over. I am pleased to know that you were happy about the services provided by our staff and have enjoyed dining in Mumtaz Mahal – our Indian specialty Restaurant.

Looking forward to see you soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2012

excellent location, hotel was cbrilliant, staff were very friendly and helpful. location could not have been better

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Foyer and external appearance are worn. Room was good. Our flight was scheduled to land at 0500 and we had a day to spare, leaving the next day. This being the case I booked a room for two nights so that when we arrived early in the morning after a 13 hour flight, we could book straight in. Upon arrival we were informed our room was not ready, which is exactly what I wished to avoid by booking two nights. It appears that they had handed our room out to another guest. When confronted about this the story changed to one that a non-smoking room was not available. Again an unacceptable explanation since the room should have been allocated the evening before as had been paid for. In any event we had breakfast (included in the room rate paid) while they made up the room. Second time this has occurred in Dubai with hotels booked through Emirates Airlines and Tourico. Two times too many!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family