“Feel good place”
Review of JA Palm Tree Court

JA Palm Tree Court
Ranked #33 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is a very special kind of a 5 star hotel. Rooms are very large and beds really comfortable. Balcony lovely with sunbeds, table, umbrella and sun in the afternoon. Surroundings beautiful,
very well kept and lots of peacocks walking around everywhere. Staff are extremely helpful and friendly and make you feel that this is "Your Home Away From Home". There are so many different kind of activities, that you have to stay here for a very long time if you want to try everything. I did something very special, I visit Shooting club and it was thrilling to shoot with a pistol and the Clay shooting. Staff extremly capable to show you, yes I did hit the clay.
Levels are from beginners to Olympic medallist. It´s very nice that breakfast is served to 11 am and it´s extremely delight. Lunch at the Ancor at the beach, was not in the same class as food in the other restaurants. If there are something not so good it´s the location, but I have a solution of that, stay downtown some nights and do all about that. Then go on vacation and enjoy the paradise of Palm Tree Court. We will be back again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shoptilyoudrop
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear shoptilyoudrop,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa.

It was a pleasure to read to your review, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, our comfortable beds and your kind words regarding the associates whom made you feel like the resort was your home away from home.

It was also nice to read that you were able to enjoy a new experience whilst visiting the Shooting Club, and also great to hear your compliments regarding the associates who assisted you.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

This was our 5th visit to Dubai and our 1st visit to the Palm Tree Court. We normally stay at The O&O Royal Mirage, but decided on a change. I travelled with my wife and 17 month old child.
The PTC is not the Royal Mirage, but it is a fraction of the cost. Overall I would say if the Royal Mirage is rated 5 stars, the PTC is 4.5 stars, if rated purely on luxury. However, it depends what your looking for in a resort? I think the PTC is ideally suited to families and the all inclusive package is hard to beat, especially if you have children with you. Pretty much everything was included in the package.
The newly refurbished rooms are large and accomodated the three of us easily. We had a Garden suite, which had a small garden, perfect for our toddler. Important to get a room near to the pool if you don't want long walks to the resorts amenities. Many of these rooms are also sea view too.
Although multiple restaurants are available, the best two are La Traviata and the White Orchid. Both we excellent. I'd advise you to book on alternate nights. Signatures restaurant was closed. The La Fontana is a buffet restaurant and really only a last resort, if the others were unavailable. We didnt try any of the other options for dinner. Captains bar was a good place for lunch, cabanas cool and relaxing with plenty of space. The Anchor also good. Service in all restaurants was excellent and the staff very helpful and welcoming. The staff could not do enough for my family and gave special attention to our child.
Beach/Pool drinks service was sporadic and I think a sign of a general lack of staff throughout the entire resort. E.g. reception only had 1 person on it the 3 times I visited.
Some areas of the resort require renewing e.g. the towels (beach and bathroom), some sunbeds were in a state of disrepair.
Overall I was very pleased with our stay. I think the all inclusive package represented excellent value for money. As a family we will definitely be returning and hope to convince a few friends to come too next time. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank GJCUK

Dear GJCUK,

I would like to thank you for your very detailed and candid review following your recent stay with us, and I was pleased to read that as a first time visitor to the resort you had a very pleasant stay.

I appreciate your kind words in relation to the All Inclusive package which you felt was hard to beat, and was excellent value for money.

We welcome all guest feedback which allows us to continually improve, and as such I would like to thank you for highlighting some areas that you felt required refreshing.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the associates who looked after you whom you felt to be helpful and welcoming, and also in relation to the room size.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa in the future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

What an outstanding hotel as perfect as they come , polite , discreet , 6 star heaven . Rooms so spacious , so clean , so well fitted flawlessly appointed and all with butler to press your clothed , clean your shoes , fetch your daily papers simply WOW

• Stayed: January 2012
5  Thank AngusMaximus
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Dear AngusMaximus,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was extremely pleased that you enjoyed the butler service available, and that you found the hotel to be outstanding with the rooms being very spacious.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa in the future.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

We stayed at Palm Tree Court for 23 days with this being our 5th visit, we still remain totally impressed with the resort and its facilities. We arrived before Christmas and left after the New Year having enjoyed all festivities provided by the resort over the period.
Staff are superb and extremely friendly and go the extra mile to accomodate guests requirements.
If I have one negative comment it will be about the lack of control of very young children. In my opinion it is necessary to consider areas where young children are not permitted, especially in bar areas after say 8pm. Child buggies in restaurants are a pain and in many cases cause a problem. Children in general should be better controlled and not allowed to run free in restaurant or bar areas. Maybe dedicating a section of the large beach as a quiet area would also be a good idea.......I stress however that this is only our opinion and may not reflect the opinions of others.
Our visit was for business and pleasure and apart from the few unruly children our visit was fantastic.
The food and food choice in all restaurants is excellent and booking is made simple providing you do it in good time......say 24 hours before although there is always somewhere to eat for every mealtime and therefore does not cause a problem.
I would like to congratulate all staff, for their friendliness, attention and courteousness during our stay and for their tremendous effort in putting together the facilities for the celebrations over the festive period.
Finally, the Hotel grounds and the beach facility are very well looked after and cleaned daily. We will definitely return for our 6th visit.......All the best.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank MikeMar09

Dear MikeMar09,

As a regular visitor to the resort, I very much enjoyed reading your review, and I was extremely pleased to read that you are looking to return for your 6th visit. You have kindly mentioned that you spent the festive season with us, and left celebrating New Year, having enjoyed all the festivities.

I do take on board your comments in relation to children; however as a family resort we do welcome children in all areas across the property.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the food choices available in the restaurants, the cleanliness of the grounds and beach areas, and also for your congratulations for the associates who looked after your whom you felt to be very attentive, friendly and courteous.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

My husband and I are frequent travellers to Dubai and have stayed at the Palm Tree Court previously as well as other Jebel Ali International hotels. In July 2012 we are bringing my husbands parents to Dubai for the first time. After careful consideration we chose to return to The Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court.
The main reason for this is because it advertises a really good all inclusive package and as the exchange rate is not good at the minute we thought it might offer good value for money.
We were in Dubai over Christmas and New Year visting family and decided to spend the day at the resort to see if the place hd changed much, we stayed the entire day and had lunch and dinner.
There is no doubt the resort is not as luxurious as other Dubai hotels but we already knew that, but we recalled the grounds being beautiful, very friendly staff and a family friendly hotel which would suit us well as we now have a toddler.
It is still a lovely hotel but we were left slightly disappointed after the day we spent here. Despite the rooms being refurbished the public areas haven't changed at all. I noticed the sunbeds, pool towels etc were exactly the same as 7 yrs ago and the public areas were starting to look their age. The grounds of the Palm Tree Court are a lot more established now and whilst the peacocks and birds give the place a nice feel we saw a lot of bird droppings around the Palm Tree Court and it clearly had been there some time. Other 5* hotels in Dubai would have this hosed down every day.
The main gripe for us had to be the food, we had lunch at the pool and ate in the buffet at dinner. The food was cold on both occasions, a number of people have commented on this on other reports but clearly nothing seems to be getting done about it.
We spoke to other people who were on the AI package and they also mentioned they struggled to get booked in restaurants, and seemed to have more problems getting a booking than those on B&B basis. I totally understand restaurants get booked and you can't expect to eat in the most popular restaurants all the time but but the we have paid for a full dine around basis next summer and I would hate to think those on AI were considered less of a priority.
I do not want to sound too negative, as mentioned above, the hotel, grounds, beach are lovely but some areas need tweaking. We are going back to Dubai in April, we plan to spend another day here, if there is no improvement then we may consider cancelling and booking another beach hotel on a B&B basis.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank hannahengland
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Dear hannahengland,

As a valued loyal and regular guest to the resort, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the resort.

I was however most disappointed to read that we clearly did not meet your expectations in a number of areas during your stay. We welcome all feedback which allows us to continually improve our services and standards across the resort, and I would like to sincerely apologise for the shortfall in service.

Please rest assured that we are very grateful indeed for the points you brought to our attention, and your feedback on TripAdvisor has been discussed in detail and actions have or are in the process on being implemented to improve in the areas mentioned.

I am extremely pleased to learn that you will be returning to the resort in April this year and you are willing to give us another chance to make amends. I would kindly request you to contact me directly at the hotel on fredrik.reinisch@jaihotels.com prior to your visit in April and in future if I can be of assistance in any way.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa in April 2012.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed as a 3 day stopover on our way to Cape Town,arriving on an early overnight
Flight from the Uk we were pleasantly surprised that the hotel allowed us to to get breakfast while they got the room ready and we were given the keys
Shortly afterwards.The room was of good size and decoration and the low rise garden setting
With the streams and peacocks walking about was relaxing .We had opted for the all inclusive
Plan and was impressed by the quality and service.The White Orchid restaurant was superb
As was the Italian in the Jebel Ali hotel a short stroll away.The pool area was lively and there was adequate places for sun loungers around the beach a few beach boys serving drinks to your longer would of been a good addition.we enjoyed this hotel and would recommend

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank eldentooth
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2012

Dear eldentooth,

It was a pleasure to read to your review, and I was pleased that you and your family enjoyed your 3 day stopover at the resort.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities, and the quality of the service that you received.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

This is the second time we have spent New Year in this hotel. Our 2010/11 stay was fantastic, nothing negative to say. The facillities were great and the staff exceptional! The manager of the fontana restaurant was exceptional in the service that he offers!
We stayed there again for the 2011/12 vacation and everything was even better this year. The rooms had been updated and were even more luxurious and comfortable and the Gala dinner was fantastic! We strongly reccomend this hotel, especially for families, they will look after you very, very well.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms were every bit as good as sea view rooms and 200drms per night less expensive.