“great for all inclusive”
Review of JA Palm Tree Court

JA Palm Tree Court
Ranked #34 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 29 February 2012

just returned from this great hotel stayed fron Feb 19 to 28th, weather windy first two days then very hot and sunny one bad sand storm overnight on Sat trees blown over and not much visibility on Sun but a great excuse to visit Mall of Emirates on Hotel's free bus.
Food excellent and drinks were great, well known brands served, any cocktail you desired the only restriction on anything champagne based or sparkling wine. The red and white wine in the all inclusive package was also vey good (we paid extra to upgrade to all inc. well worth it).
The staff were very friendly and helpful although not much service around the pool areas you had to get up and order but they would bring your drinks back, seemed a bit short staffed.
Only disappointment was our trip to Shooters Restaurant don't bother, it is currently under refurbishment and we ended up in a plastic tent on the roof! They should have closed it.

Room Tip: In the golf and Spa rooms are only 3 storey high, so lower have garden area, middle balcony and seem...
2  Thank tilly1957
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear tilly1957,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa.

I was pleased to read that your enjoyed the All Inclusive package, and that the selection of beverages as well as the standard of the food was very good.

To allow us to continually improve our products and services, we welcome all feedback from our guests. As such I would like to thank you for highlighting the service that you experienced around the pool area, and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience experienced.

Indeed we are currently undergoing a refurbishment at Shooters restaurant, and again I would like to apologise for any shortfall, and that if this was not to your expectations when dining with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa in the near future.

There are newer reviews for JA Palm Tree Court

Reviewed 27 February 2012

The hotel doesn't have a 24 hours reservation service!! when I called the reception to cancel my booking they told me that they don't have the access to cancel my booking & I have to wait until the morning to cancel the booking!!!
The receptionist has an attitude problem, he wasn't polite at all.
The hotel really needs an improvement.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank majedk

Dear majedk,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent experience with Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa.

I was extremely disappointed to read your feedback, and I would like to sincerely apologise for any frustration experienced when calling to discuss your booking requirements.

To restore your faith in Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa Hotel, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback in more detail, which I can be contacted at generalmanager.JAGRS@jaihotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you, and to discussing your feedback in person.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

My wife and two boys (aged 10 and 6) had a lovely realxing break. We were picked up from the airport by a hotel car (£40) for the 35 minute transfer and arrived at 9am following our flight from Gatwick. We were given a welcome drink and allowed full access to the resort despite check in being much later in the day. After a swim in one of the three, soon to be four, pools we had a tour of the resort in a golf buggy with one of the many charming people who work in the resort (each and every member of staff went above and beyond at every moment of the day and night). The room, a gound floor seaview suite, was ready at 11am and was exceptional. Big and luxurious and backing on to the lawn and the beach, it had 2 sun loungers and a table, umbrella and chairs.
There are activities aplenty, we would join in with kid's football and also played cricket each day. There is so much space we could have hit an enormous six and not bothered anybody! The water sports (untried) looked good, we played mini golf and used the golf driving range. The area is perfect for running/walking and the Gym is fully equipped.
The gardens are exceptional and the wildlife gorgeous. I will not say any more about the wildlife because it will spoil the surprise, let's just say there is a lot of it.
It is hard to pick a highlight but the food and drink on the all inclusive package is value not to be missed. Breakfast is served in the main building beside the pool and is standard fayre, omelettes/eggs cooked to order, while the beach side lunch venues offer good quality burgers, fish and chips, pizzas, salads and lots more besides. In the evening you can chose between two buffet restaurants with different daily themes and occasional entertainment or the many a la carte restaurants of which the Pan Asian White Orchid is exceptional, A short bus ride takes to to Shooters, a steak house restaurant at The Jebel Ali Shooting Club that is also very, very good.
All in all we highly recommend you chose this resort for a family or couples holiday, we will definitely return.

Room Tip: A ground floor sea view room is a great choice.
4  Thank larn

Dear larn,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa on the All Inclusive package.

It was a pleasure to read your very detailed review from your vacation, and I was pleased that overall you had a very enjoyable stay.

I would like to thank you for your very kind words regarding the landscaped gardens, the facilities available, as well as your excellent compliments for the associates who looked after you during your stay.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and Spa in the future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Great location in terms of beach and landscaped gardens but not if for some reason you feel the need to be close to the skyscrapers of 'New Dubai'. Great choice for families due to the choice of restaurants & pools, kids facilities and spacious beach. Food is decent quality though the FB or better still All Inclusive options are certainly better value; a la carte outlets are included and are a better bet than the buffets in my opinion. Book these early and dont overlook Shooters which is a 5 minute drive away. Nearby building works on the new Palm are not really an issue though the view is impaired from what was previously an unobstructed sea-view.

1  Thank Groovytime
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear Groovytime,

I would like to thank you for your very kind words regarding the landscaped gardens, as well as the beach and also for the All Inclusive option which you felt was good value.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

This was without doubt the most outstanding hotel we have stayed in for a long long time. The service was just exemplary from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. All staff engaged with us, took time to understand our needs, delivered a personalised service and made us feel very special.

The rooms were large and spotlessly clean, the beds really comfortable. Even the sofa bed was well designed, folding out into 2 separate singles rather than the usual double and the matresses were comfortable too. Bathroom was large and well equipped.

The food was outstanding at every restaurant we ate in. The themed buffets had excellent choice and the food was always fresh and hot.

The gardens were beautiful, a real delight to wander in. The swimming pool at 30* was the warmest and most luxurious swim I have ever had and was just perfect for young children who can so easily get cold. The facilities on the beach i.e. sunbeds, umbrellas, towels etc were outstanding - there was never a scrabble for beds, plenty for all. The hotel whilst busy never felt over crowded.

We even got a complimentary birthday cake on my birthday. They have thought of everything down to the smallest detail, it all worked like clock work.

We will definately return and will have very positive and fond memories of the most wonderful relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: My disabled son managed really well here as everything was accessible for him given our downstairs r...
2  Thank Jenny T

Dear Jenny T,

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed a wonderful and relaxing vacation, and left with very fond memories of your stay.

I would like to thank you for your very positive words regarding the resort, including the room and bed size, along with your praise for the restaurants. You have also kindly mentioned the associates who looked offered a personalized and engaging service, which is excellent to hear.

Thank you for your room tip, I was pleased to read that your son found everything at the resort accessible, which is great feedback.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is a very special kind of a 5 star hotel. Rooms are very large and beds really comfortable. Balcony lovely with sunbeds, table, umbrella and sun in the afternoon. Surroundings beautiful,
very well kept and lots of peacocks walking around everywhere. Staff are extremely helpful and friendly and make you feel that this is "Your Home Away From Home". There are so many different kind of activities, that you have to stay here for a very long time if you want to try everything. I did something very special, I visit Shooting club and it was thrilling to shoot with a pistol and the Clay shooting. Staff extremly capable to show you, yes I did hit the clay.
Levels are from beginners to Olympic medallist. It´s very nice that breakfast is served to 11 am and it´s extremely delight. Lunch at the Ancor at the beach, was not in the same class as food in the other restaurants. If there are something not so good it´s the location, but I have a solution of that, stay downtown some nights and do all about that. Then go on vacation and enjoy the paradise of Palm Tree Court. We will be back again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shoptilyoudrop

Dear shoptilyoudrop,

It was a pleasure to read to your review, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, our comfortable beds and your kind words regarding the associates whom made you feel like the resort was your home away from home.

It was also nice to read that you were able to enjoy a new experience whilst visiting the Shooting Club, and also great to hear your compliments regarding the associates who assisted you.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

This was our 5th visit to Dubai and our 1st visit to the Palm Tree Court. We normally stay at The O&O Royal Mirage, but decided on a change. I travelled with my wife and 17 month old child.
The PTC is not the Royal Mirage, but it is a fraction of the cost. Overall I would say if the Royal Mirage is rated 5 stars, the PTC is 4.5 stars, if rated purely on luxury. However, it depends what your looking for in a resort? I think the PTC is ideally suited to families and the all inclusive package is hard to beat, especially if you have children with you. Pretty much everything was included in the package.
The newly refurbished rooms are large and accomodated the three of us easily. We had a Garden suite, which had a small garden, perfect for our toddler. Important to get a room near to the pool if you don't want long walks to the resorts amenities. Many of these rooms are also sea view too.
Although multiple restaurants are available, the best two are La Traviata and the White Orchid. Both we excellent. I'd advise you to book on alternate nights. Signatures restaurant was closed. The La Fontana is a buffet restaurant and really only a last resort, if the others were unavailable. We didnt try any of the other options for dinner. Captains bar was a good place for lunch, cabanas cool and relaxing with plenty of space. The Anchor also good. Service in all restaurants was excellent and the staff very helpful and welcoming. The staff could not do enough for my family and gave special attention to our child.
Beach/Pool drinks service was sporadic and I think a sign of a general lack of staff throughout the entire resort. E.g. reception only had 1 person on it the 3 times I visited.
Some areas of the resort require renewing e.g. the towels (beach and bathroom), some sunbeds were in a state of disrepair.
Overall I was very pleased with our stay. I think the all inclusive package represented excellent value for money. As a family we will definitely be returning and hope to convince a few friends to come too next time. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

9  Thank GJCUK

Dear GJCUK,

I would like to thank you for your very detailed and candid review following your recent stay with us, and I was pleased to read that as a first time visitor to the resort you had a very pleasant stay.

I appreciate your kind words in relation to the All Inclusive package which you felt was hard to beat, and was excellent value for money.

We welcome all guest feedback which allows us to continually improve, and as such I would like to thank you for highlighting some areas that you felt required refreshing.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the associates who looked after you whom you felt to be helpful and welcoming, and also in relation to the room size.