“Great apartment, great staff, perfect for families.”

JA Oasis Beach Tower
Ranked #56 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We have just returned after a week at the OBT (a norwegian family of two adults and two teenagers). This was the second time we visited this apartmenthotel. We were very satisfied after our first stay, and so also this time.
We had a 2-bedroom premium apartment at the 38. floor. The view over the ocean and the palm was fantastic. The apartment super clean and nice. The premium lounge was a bit disappointing: small, and with a very limited choice of snacks.
The breakfast at The Thymes was very good. Huge selection of hot and cold food, incl a waffle station and an omelette station.
The pool-deck is very nice, but unfortunately in shade after about 2 - 3 pm. We used the hotel-shuttlebus to the sisterhotel Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa on several occasions. This is a very nice resort with many swimmingpools and a great beach, and this opportunity made the holiday just perfect.
There are lots of restaurants right outside the hotel. 15 min walk to a nice shoppingcenter. 3 min walk to the public beach, towels are provided by OBT.
The fitness-room is big and with a nice view, the only thing we missed was a squat-rack.
The staff is very helpful, always smiling and helpsome. Special thanks to Imran and Lama (concierge), Noel (reception) and Edgar and Suraj (housekeeping). The managment should be happy to have such brilliant staff!
We will surely return to OBT!

5  Thank Dag Frode K
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Dear Dag Frode K,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Oasis Beach Tower.

It is always a pleasure to read reviews from our returning guests, and I am happy to know that you were satisfied with your stay once again. I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the view’s and the cleanliness of your apartment, our very own Thyme restaurant, fitness area, and our sister property.

I do very much appreciate your positive comments regarding our associates who have looked after you whom you felt were helpful and always smiling. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

I tbooked a 2 bedroom apartement. It was huge with a lovely balacony .
the location is perfect in the middle of jbr..
I reccomend this to families ..

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank dream1980

Dear dream1980,

I was pleased to read your positive comments in relation to the apartment’s spaciousness and the hotel’s perfect location.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

This vacation was just perfect after an extremely cold winter in Paris

LOCATION
This hotel is on the walk, the best location for a (mainly) beach vacation in Dubai
The walk is a promenade (the only place where you can walk in Dubai according to the locals) full of cafes and restaurants with huge terraces where you can watch the world go by and the most astounding display of Ferraris, audi R8, Bentleys and the likes, to see and be seen every evening but especially on Thursdays.
Evenings on the walk in the balmy February weather are just perfect.
There is a night market on the left side , 5 mn from the hotel from Wednesdays to Sundays from 5pm .
The plaza of the walk (which is the upper level) hosts an outlet which offers Dolce Gabana and the likes at minus 80%.
The beautiful Jumeirah beach is a 5 mn walk and the hotel provides beach towels and umbrellas. The turquoise waters are magnificent and the white sand is powdery.

HOTEL
The hotel itself is impressive with huge glass lifts that offers a view while riding
We arrived at 7h30 and took possession of the room immediately as we had booked on the eve (the hotel was fully booked and it was not possible to receive an early check in) . As a family of 6 with 3 teenagers, the 3 bedrooms apartment was particularly suited.
Everyone in our party was impressed with the layout, luxury fittings and the amazing view.
The fridge was stocked with everything needed for a hearty breakfast and that was particularly welcomed after the night flight.
Also water and supplies for the washing and dishwashing machines were provided and replenished upon consumption.
The room was light cleaned every day and full cleaned (change of sheets and towels)every other day. Cleaning of the kitchen is not included
At check in they asked you to sign an inventory and to report if something is missing after you check all items on the list. I did not do it as this is not my idea of a vacation to start counting spoons. At check out they sent someone to perform same inventory, and found everything there.
Robe and slippers were also provided for everyone and elemis amenities also replenished daily (generously if you tip the cleaning staff)
The wifi is operational in the main room but not in the bedrooms (a cable is provided)
There is also a dryer
There is a supermarket on the ground floor, opened from 9 to midnight with regular prices
We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel. There are better options on the walk
The gym is adequate, really spacious with a view. The machines are dated but in good condition.

POOL
Sunny from 10 am to 2 pm
It is nice for sunbathing and for kids. The staff brings regularly pieces of fresh fruits which is a nice touch.
We went once to The Jebel Ali private beach using the complimentary shuttle. Ask for a towel voucher at reception and book the shuttle on the eve.
The pools are heated which is quite pleasant as the sea is a bit cold .There are plenty of sun loungers at the pools and on the beach.
It is not always easy to secure a seat on the 17h40 return shuttle

SERVICE
I had a problem with a tooth. Elena Giordano the front desk manager secured very efficiently an appointment at the dentist. This was great service
We used the hotel car for pick up and drop off for the airport and for 200 AED (40 euros) for 6 in a private car, it was a good value for money.
There are lots of private taxis (metered) in front of the hotel which are more expensive than the regular taxi but as they allows the 6 of us to travel in the same car we used them a lot. Anyway taxis are cheap in Dubai

ACTIVITIES
We had bought “the entertainer family” and used the vouchers for Aquaventure , desert safari ….. This book pays for itself very quickly.

All and all, an excellent choice of a destination for winter vacation. I will warmly recommend the Oasis beach hotel to all my friends especially with families and groups

4  Thank worldcitizenParis
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear worldcitizenParis,

It is a pleasure to read your very detailed and candid review of your recent visit in Dubai. I was extremely pleased to read that you considered us to be an excellent destination choice for a winter vacation, and that you will recommend us to all your friends, in particular with families and for groups.

I fully appreciate your kind words regarding the hotel’s location, amenities and facilities available in the apartment, our pool area, service you have received from our team member.

I have had now the opportunity to share your valued feedback with the management team for further review in relation to the areas of improvement which you have highlighted.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Just got back from a 5 nights in Dubai staying at the Oasis Beach Tower Apartments. We arrived early about 10AM but Noel the receptionist took us to a room within 5 minutes even though check-in was not until 3 pm. We were on the 31st floor with fantastic views of the "The Palm" and the beach from every bedroom and also the kitchen and lounge! Every single member of staff was smiling, polite and helpful and made us feel very welcome. The apartment and rooms are very well presented and VERY big. The whole place is very clean and I could not fault this accommodation in any way. The dinner in the restaurant is recommended and we had the buffet which was very good value and did not appreciate that we got 20% off for eating in the there so that was a pleasant surprise when I paid the bill.
I strongly recommend this a place to stay as excellent location with lots of places to eat within walking distance and a short taxi to the Wild Wadi and Atlantis water parks.
You will not be disappointed and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Palm and you get a great view
2  Thank PaulthePoshFan
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Dear PaulthePoshFan,

I was delighted to read your positive comments regarding the apartment and rooms which you have kindly mentioned were very well presented and clean. I also appreciate that you had an opportunity to dine-in our very own Thyme restaurant, and would recommend the buffet.

I would like also to thank you for your kind words regarding my team whom you felt were always smiling, polite, helpful and made you feel very welcome. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have stayed at the Oasis Beach Apts for 5 nights. This is not your typical hotel. It is a converted apartments. You do not get your own room, but a room in an apartment. If I were travelling with a family and children, this place would be decent. Not for a businessman. The place is not furnished properly. Amenities lack. On the positive side, it on the main drag and has easy access to the restaurants, pool and limited access to the beach. It is reasonably cheap.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Destan2006

Dear Destan2006,

I was pleased to read your positive comment with regards to hotel’s accessible location and value for money.

We do endeavour to ensure that the apartments are furnished to a very high specification and equipped with necessary amenities. I would be most interested in receiving further details from you in order for us to address your concerns, so please do not hesitate to contact me directly at generalmanager.obt@jaihotels.com.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have just returned from a fabulous holiday in Dubai , we stayed 6 nights at this hotel and it was brilliant. On arrival , we recieved outstanding service, having arrived early about 9 am we were offered a choice of apartments, either one on the 30th floor with a balcony or one on the 40th+ floor with more spectacular views. We opted for the views and had an apartment on the 42nd floor. The apartments themselves are beautiful clean, and so spacious. We had a two bed apartment and we actual had 4 bathrooms We had fabulous views over the Palm and the Arabian Gulf.. The kitchen included a small selection of starter groceries , excellent for just having been on a night flight and it included, tea, coffee, milk, jam and cereals. The kitchen was well equipt with all the right thing you should find in an apartment including non stick pans. There was even a washer/dryer and ironing board and iron. The apartments also have very high standards of appliances and general crockery, the china was Villeroy and Bosch. You were also given two complimentary bottles of water everyday . The hotel has a free gym and a pool, on level 2, i used the pool which had very helpful staff, you can borrow toewls , beach mats and umbrellas for the beach. The hotel is situated on the walk and there are lots of places to eat and drink . Also near by is the Dubai Marina Mall which has a Waitrose and other english retailers. If you need a supermarket there is one in the mall next to the hotel and another on the upper level of the walk. The Hotel also provides shuttle buses to the Emitates Mall and the sister hotel. I would recommend a visit to the sister hotel as it has a private beach and was really nice with brilliant service. The public beach is just across the road and is really nice, lots of families and the sea is very clear. The hotel is really well situated, so close to the beach and with lots of cafes and restuarants , and there are some really nice markets in the evenings too. I cannot praise this hotel enough, everyone was so helpful and friendly , the service was exceptional and cannot wait for a return visit.

Room Tip: Choose a room, with a view
3  Thank Diwinny
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear Diwinny,

I was extremely pleased to read your review, with your detailed description of our apartment’s facilities and amenities which you have kindly mentioned were of very high standards. I am happy to know that you also had the opportunity to visit our sister property during your stay.

I would like also to thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel’s accessible location, available facilities such as gym and swimming pool, complimentary shuttle bus service and my team whom you felt were so helpful and friendly. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

We spent 3 nights at Oasis Beach towers and did not want to leave. We were a group of 8 adults and totally enjoyed our 4 bedroom, 4 + 2 bath apt with a great view of the Arabian Gulf. Each bedroom had its own bath which worked out well for our group of 8 friends. It was better than having 4 individual hotel rooms since we had the very large living room, dining area and kitchen for socializing in our group. The staff at Oasis beach were wonderful- Galina was in touch with me months ahead of time. She was able to find out info on where we could watch camel race practices (a highlight of our tour around Dubai) and made dinner reservations for us at Mango Tree so we could watch the fountain show from our table. We were celebrating my 50th birthday and the hotel sent us a delicious chocolate mousse cake that was devoured by our group. The apt was very spacious and we were glad to have a balcony that overlooked the tourquoise Gulf. The front desk staff were very helpful and the hotel arranged for us to have a 12 seater van with driver for a day tour. We booked our desert safari with Arabian Adventures who have a desk in the hotel. The breakfast package in the apt came in handy since we did not have to waste time going to breakfast in the morning . We were able to buy more eggs at the grocery store in the bottom level of the building. We did not have time to use the pool but we hope to come back to this great hotel someday soon. We selected the hotel based on all the great trip advisor reviews.

Room Tip: The highest floors do not have a balcony. We stayed on a floor in the 40's (I can't remembe...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank smgapp
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Dear smgapp,

First of all, I would like to personally wish you a belated happy 50th birthday! I was pleased to read that you decided to stay with us, following other traveller’s great reviews.

Please also allow me to thank you for your positive comments in relation to the facilities and amenities available in the apartment, as well as to our team who have looked after you, and whom you felt were wonderful and helpful. I will definitely ensure that your compliments will be shared with them.