“Good Hotel....Nightmare To Find”

Dubai International Hotel
Ranked #2 of 301 Speciality Lodging in Dubai
Reviewed 19 May 2012

After a long flight the last thing we needed was to have to look for signs to the hotel, but look in vain we did. No one seemed to be able to help us, except to say not to leave the terminal.
After what seemed like hours we eventually arrived at reception there were just 2 people in front of us so we didn't figure on being told to sit as if we were children and then have to wait at least half an hour to get checked in. The advertised fruit bowl never arrived but at this point we went out to get some food anyway. The bed was very comfortable and very welcome.
I think the reception staff had problems with communication skills or maybe it was us, but it was very hard understanding them and I'm afraid we didn't experience much Dubai hospitality from them.

1  Thank lindamacHighlands
dcahotel, Manager at Dubai International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at the Dubai International Hotel.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the Dubai International Hotel. Please note that we are providing complimentary meet and greet service if the incoming flight details are available with reservation. I would suggest you use this service next time due to the size of the Airport and some times it's difficult to locate. We value guest feedback and very much concerned about the comments especially staff communication. I would appreciate if you can forward stay details to guestcare@dih-dca.com to investigate and ensure corrective action.

There are newer reviews for Dubai International Hotel

Reviewed 18 May 2012

Was met off the plane and taken on the long walk from the gate to the hotel by a charming member of the hotel staff. Only gripe here, was having to wait until another passenger from further down the plan had joined us. We were fast tracked through security which would otherwise have been very onerous. Check-in was efficient and the room had everything one needed for a six hour stay, including razors, toothbrush etc. and free wi-fi. Bed was comfortable, though did not really sleep and indeed was woken up by someone trying to get into my room in the middle of the night. Check out was a simple key drop off. though tried to post a letter to someone in Dubai and was initially told this could not be done. I chalenged this and indeed after a phone call the letter was taken and hopefully posted. Arrived ready for my next flight feeling refreshed. This is a great facility, though it is a shame that Emirates Airlines do not offer this as a complementary stop over instead of the airport Meridian Hotel, which requires clearing immigration in Dubai and re-checking in the next morning.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the Dubai International Hotel and for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed stay with us and look forward to connecting with you in the near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

We have stayed at this very convenient hotel in Dubai Terminal on 3 occasions. It is always exceptional. You are met by a staff member and escorted quickly through security to the hotel. Check in is quick and the rooms are always spotless with complimentary water and fresh fruit waiting for you. There is everything you need and more in the way of toiletries and the rooms are tastefully decorated. The king size bed is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and the linen is luxurious. I would love to know how I could purchase the beautiful bedding! We will always use the Dubai International for transit stays.

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Dubai International Hotel.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I had a 14 hour layover in Dubai and relaxing in a quiet hotel room was welcome relief after a 13 hour flight. The hotel itself is nice with comfortable bed, clean bathroom and all that. There was a staff member waiting for me at the gate when I arrived to guide me to the reception area and from there it was a quick and easy process to check in. The hotel is just on the upper level above terminal 3 so there are some good eating, drinking, and shopping options if you get bored in the room. And it was just a short walk to my connecting flight the next day without having to deal with any traffic or security hassles. One thing I really enjoyed about this place was the view from the room. When I opened my window blinds in the morning there were two giant A380s parked just outside which was kind of cool. Overall, it is a quality hotel and a great option if you have a long layover and don't want to leave the airport.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank David H

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the Dubai International Hotel and for your feedback. Thank you very much for your encouraging comments on the services provided by our associates.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for two hours while we were in transit. The only complaints that I have about this hotel are the following:
1. The reception is severely understaffed. We really had to WAIT.
2. The diction (language - English) of both receptionists on duty was not good. I think this is something the owners should seriously look at, irrespective of which country the employees may be from.

13  Thank nucleuskore
dcahotel, Manager at Dubai International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the Dubai International Hotel. We value guest feedback and concerned about the comments. I would appreciate if you can forward stay details to guestcare@dih-dca.com to investigate and ensure corrective action.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

This hotel is really just for stopovers. The hotel room and bathroom are nice enough. The bed was a bit hard. Everything is spotless. I'm not sure I would take this option again though, given how easy it is to get to other hotels in Dubai.....

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank IviBee
dcahotel, Manager at Dubai International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Dubai International Hotel.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We were there two times,first time only like couple and second time with 2 children (3 yrs and 8 months). All was ready for us,fruit basket,cool water etc. Children was very happy and we too, because we must wait in Dubai Airport for connecting flight more than 9 hrs. Its really very relaxed sleep in the bed and go to gate fresh after shower with smailing children! Little bit overpriced for Dubai,BUT I understand that is value for 10 min to gate only!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family