“A super hotel”
Review of Raffles Dubai

Raffles Dubai
Ranked #2 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Having spent a week at this hotel we found it to be in a good location. The new metro train system is within a few minutes walk and gets you quickly to all locations quickly if you want an alternative to the inexpensive taxis. The quality of the hotel is really excellent and the staff so friendly and helpful. Our club room was so spacious and beautifully furnished. The self service breakfast buffet was first class with a huge selection. We had a wonderful stay and certainly look forward to returning to this first class hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

We were very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable weeks’ vacation at Raffles Dubai and that you found the staff friendly and helpful.

Furthermore, we were happy to note that you found your club room spacious and beautifully furnished - at 70sqm they are amongst the largest club rooms in Dubai.

We look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have to say that this hotel is probably one of my favorite hotels in the world. The next time I visit Dubai, I definitely plan on staying here longer.

We arrived at around 10pm on a Friday night and were set to leave for Abu Dhabi in the morning, so we just spent one night here again. However, despite just being here one night, I still have the fondest of memories of this amazing property. The common areas are still jaw-dropping, but the service and the room quality are again what really impressed me. The greeting in the reception was absolutely friendly and quick; within minutes, I was in the room, admiring the skyline.

The room was extraordinary. We stayed in just the standard room this time, and it was out of this world! Spacious and roughly the size of most suites (at least a junior suite), the room felt large, open and well layed out. The design was flawless, even down to the color of the accent wall in the living room space. The balcony was huge, offering lovely views down to the pool or across Sheikh Zayed Road towards the Dubai skyline. You immediately forgot that this was a standard room.

We did not sample any of the amenities or services of the hotel, but we have a running joke that Raffles has my favorite breakfast in the world. It is true; I loved the variety on offer in the hotel and heartily recommend it, both for quality and level of service. I would love to return and sample their main dining options, as I would suspect that the quality either meets or exceeds that of my expectations.

For the price, this hotel simply cannot be beat. I have stayed in some of the best hotels, and Raffles stands proudly near the very top of that list. Dubai is truly a fantasy-like playground of hotels, with hundreds to choose from, but if you are looking for quality and luxury, look no further. Clearly, this hotel is probably not ideal for those travelers on the hunt for a beach experience, but for those visiting Dubai for the first time and looking to sight-see or those familiar enough with Dubai to not be deterred by the non-beachfront location, Raffles will outshine any other hotel you try to compare it to. Having stayed in a beautiful Landmark Suite on our previous visit, I was worried that the hotel would disappoint when sampling a standard room, but I can assure you that the experience was every bit as lovely, and I am looking forward to returning soon to spend more than just a night!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We were delighted to read that you had another fantastic stay with us and that despite your initial doubt our Signature Room proved to be spacious and well layed out.

Furthermore, we were very pleased to note that Raffles has one of your favourite breakfasts in the world - a lovely comment and one we have shared with the Food & Beverage team members who work in this outlet.

We do look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to the Dubai where we hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

First of all, I want to start off by saying thank you to the wonderful Gabriel at the concierge service. We rented a car and went to Abu Dhabi and upon our return, my husband forgot his favorite leather jacket in the car. The next morning was our departure so we didn't have enough time to pick it up from the car rental service. With a heavy heart, we left the hotel without my husband's favorite jacket, but I was determined to get it back. I called the Raffles and spoke with many concierge but the most helpful was Gabriel. He got the jacket back from the car service and had it shipped to us here in Arizona. He was truly wonderful. Thank you again Gabriel!!

We celebrated our wedding anniversary in Dubai and chose the Raffles Dubai for our stay. Our stay was perfect!! I can't stress how wonderful the staff is and and how they took care of everything. They upgraded us to the 12th floor and the club level giving us a beautiful view of the city. The staff placed a delicious cake in our room, congratulating us on our anniversary. The rooms are very spacious and the bathroom was also very nice. The breakfast buffet at Azur was delicious. Our stay was perfect in every way all thanks to the wonderful Raffles Hotel. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Club level is great, high levels have a good view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had a perfect vacation and that Gabriel from our concierge far exceeded your expectations but assisting you locate your jacket. We have shared your wonderful comments with Gabriel and the entire team at the hotel - thank you so much for your kind words.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai on a future occasion.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

The staff is so helpful and polite. When my husband's room was not ready, he was given another at no additional charge. The breakfast buffet is international and extremely good. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

We were pleased to read that you found the hotel terrific and that despite the fact your husband’s room was not ready we were able to offer a temporary solution.

Thank you for highly recommending our hotel, we hope to be able to welcome you back to Raffles Dubai on a future occasion.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

If you are looking for a relaxing, pampering break with guaranteed sunshine in Feb when it's snowy and miserable at home.. Then the Raffles in Dubai is it. I travelled here as a single female and have never felt more welcomed or safe. This hotel is a stunning sanctuary... Like living in a spa, it is simply restful. The staff are just amazing... Some of the best service I have ever had. My room was more like a huge suite which I almost didn't want to leave to explore the city. I really couldn't fault this hotel as it ticked all the boxes for me on this 'rejuvenation trip' where recovering from a very busy few months was essential. I'd highly recommend this hotel - don't worry that it's a little bit further out than most of the big chain hotels - that's what I loved about it as it felt uncrowded and a peaceful haven. Taxis are so cheap you won't pay more than £10 to get everywhere you need to go. I'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your remarks on TripAdvisor.

We were delighted to read that you likened the hotel to a peaceful sanctuary and that you felt fully rejuvenated by the time you left.

Furthermore, we were very pleased that you found the staff amazing and that you would highly recommend our hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

We have recently returned from 7 days at this fantastic hotel.

Unfortunately we had a bit of a poor start to our holiday because our airline lost our luggage and it arrived 36 hours after we did!! The Concierge team were fantastic at this point and dealt with the airport chasing up our luggage regularly and most importantly helping me to buy essential medication nearby (I am an insulin dependent diabetic).

Nothing was too much trouble for them and they continued to provide advice and support throughout the holiday. We were upgraded to a suite which was simply breathtaking.

We found the location ideal and travelled most places by taxi which were cheap and clean (though some of the driving leaves a little to be desired)

Gabriel and Mohammed in particular were great. Harold himself is a credit to his profession - Made me feel like I was the most important guest in the hotel.

We had effectively lost a day and a half of our holiday at the front end due to the delayed luggage, and we were allowed to stay in our room until 6pm on check-out effectively giving us an extra half day back...

The spa was lovely - We used the gym and the pool a few times and it was extremely clean.

A nice touch is the Butler service who looks after a few rooms and was really useful.

All in all a really good hotel, and we will certainly be returning when we come back to Dubai.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike B

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We were very pleased to read that despite losing your luggage for 36 hours you still managed to enjoy your stay!

Moreover, I was delighted to note that Gabriel, Mohammed and Harold from the concierge team went out of their way to ensure that you were comfortable and that they exceeded your service expectations. This is what we as a hotel strive to achieve on a daily basis and I was pleased to read that on this occasion we were successful.

We hope you had a smooth onward journey and we looking forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai on a future occasion.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

We normally prefer to stay in small boutique style hotels but struggled to find something like this in Dubai. We plumped for Raffles as we wanted a mix of relaxation & sight-seeing and this looked like a good location to do that.

The transfer time from the hotel was extremely quick - circa 10 mins. First tip, don't book a transfer from the hotel - as taxis are in plenty supply outside the airport and the hotel charges circa £50 - we payed under £10.

Second tip, if budget allows upgrade your room to a club room - as there is a club area in the hotel that offers complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and drinks (including wine, beer etc) / snacks in the evening up to 8pm. You also get Butler service, as there is a Butler which looks after a number of rooms and provides you with anything you need. He managed to get us a DVD player and a selection of films, one night when we didn't feel like going out.

Our room was big and well equipped. The bathroom products are nothing to write home about but they did the job. The bath is enormous, it's more like a mini swimming pool.

The hotel was meticulously clean and I have to say that I was quite overwhelmed by the staff in this hotel, they are so welcoming and friendly. The service was exceptional. Particularly Sajeed on the Concierge desk, he gave us some great recommendations on places to eat. However, make sure you stipulate that you want recommendations of places that serve alcohol (if that's important) as many of the local restaurants don't, only the larger, more international ones do.

I get the impression that this hotel is used more by Business people than tourists. The upside of this, is that there is no issue getting a lounger by the pool at any time of the day, even when the hotel is full.

There is a club on the top floor of the Pyramid, which is not run by Raffles - however, hotel guests can fast-track the queues and get in for free. We were a bit dubious as to what it would be like, but we were pleased to discover they were playing House music. Friday night is the best night to go (club night is only on 3 or 4 days per week) and no flip flops or trainers to get in.

There is a massive shopping mall 'WAFI' next door to the hotel - which was always empty much to our surprise, it had all the Designer brands in there and even an M&S. Next to the mall is another pyramid building with 7 or 8 great restaurants in there - everything from curry, tapas, Thai etc. In the Souk below the Wafi mall is a local restaurant which serves food from about 6 different kitchens - Lebanese, Persian etc. The smell of the food hits you when you leave the hotel and we followed our noses/ stomachs - I would definitely recommend going there.

I would recommend Raffles for a holiday break, if you are looking for something a bit different to the Jumeirah beach resorts. I visit this hotel again, and would certainly recommend it for couples - there are perhaps better choices for families.

Room Tip: There is a road next to the hotel, so you might want to book a room facing the pool side - however...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gadaboutLondon

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review on TripAdvisor.

Your comments and feedback were wonderfully comprehensive and gave a good and positive overview of the hotel and its facilities - thank you again.

You are correct that Wafi Mall adjoining the hotel has some excellent designer brand stores as well as dining options if you wish to explore further - including Khan Murjan, the restaurant located in the Souk, which offers some excellent Arabic cuisine.

Finally, thank you for your kind remarks about Sajeed which has been shared directly with him as well as the team.

We do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai upon your next visit to the UAE.