“Clean, Smart, Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Abidos Hotel Apartment - Al Barsha

Abidos Hotel Apartment - Al Barsha
Ranked #225 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Clean, Smart, Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

Very good location. 5 minute walk from the Mall of the Emirates (Metro stop is here). Very clean. nice swimming pool with hot tub - warmer than what I would have a bubble bath! Very helpful and polite staff. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Spacious apartment with great views if you on the top floor, I stayed on the top floor and even managed to get free wifi which is available on the roof!! The mall of emirates is within walking distance and the metro too, Al barsha is cheap for food & great to get everywhere ;)
I never tried the hotel food instead I ate out everyday as food was cheap :)
Would definitely recommend & stay there again!!
1 advice every taxi you take ask them to on the meter as if u ask for price they tend to overcharge u.. And if u going I would recommend to do desert safari, jet ski, marina cruise & burj khalifa & u can get a good deal from the travel desk within the hotel if u haggle a bit..

Room Tip: Choose the top floor rooms :)
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mazz27
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

This hotel I'm staying at right now will make me not even not coming to this hotel again but not even Dubai itself. I got room in the 4th floor the first day I hear this noisy sounded coming through the the walls of the building drilling pounding dropping stuff I I called to complain about the sounds and they told me they will check what's going on while they know that they are making some maintenance in the back of the building but don't want to say the truth. After that the room just starting to make that noise alam in the room like that wanna make us deff I got an infant sleeping there the sound was really loud he got shocked and cry and when I called they said they are fixing the fire alam and didn't even get a sorry for that next in that same day the elevator got broke and we stocked at the forth floor having to hold all our stuff to get out through the stairs back to the sounds that didn't even care I got to the reception and asked for another room and they moved me to the sixth floor after 2 days of hell after moving the sound still come out of the walls so hard and hearable I called so mad to complain I sweat I couldent get a 10 min sleep without waking up and they said that they will check after a while they called saying again that it's not from out building its from the next one while I swear I can see them working on the same building from the window of my room and when telling her this she kept saying that we can't do any thing you'll have to accept it. They didn't even mentioned in thier website while booking that they are having this sounds next to them if it's true what they are saying. I told her that I'm going to make bad reviews in the Internet about them and they don't care at all they didn't even have the manager call me and apologize about this I give this hotel 0 out of 10 and I'm not coming to dubai ever only because of this ill send a copy of this review to dubai government so I let them know about this and about the hotel taxes don't even know this hotel they sent me the wrong breakfast I didn't ask for. Next time thinking of a hotel it should be famous and the hell with the money comfort is first priority and better that paying to crappy hotels

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank RamieBasrawi
CorpAlBarsha, General Manager at Abidos Hotel Apartment - Al Barsha, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience in Dubai, regret to hear you were not completely satisfied and I will personally investigate this matter immediately. Kindly accept our apology for the inconvenience and assure you you can depend on The Hotel Management, as well as Dubai Authorities at any time during your stay.
We would be glad if you give us the opportunity to invite you for another visit and make your stay pleasant, please contact us for further arrangements
Best regards
Aamir Pervez
Corp Executive Hotel Apartments Al Barsha, Dubai
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

While just around the corner from Emirates Mall, the hotel is a little bit out of the way. Meals are good, though breakfast is limited. Staff are very helpful, rooms are large and clean. Overall very good and would consider staying there again.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Healzontour
Jeddah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

The location is convenient just a walking distance to Mall of Emarates with all services within minutes walk. The apartment is spacious clean with nice furniture. they have their own free parking .

our apartment includes a balcony which was real addition .

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Al Barsha, Dubai is a place to be for a temporary business assignment. Al Barsha has all what you need , grocery shops , barber shops , laundry , verity of restaurants plus the famous Mall of Emirate – all in a walking distance from the hotel. The hotel is relatively small size compared to UAE standard but have all needed facilities for your convert.
Management plus staff are all kinds. We stayed two nights , we did not use any of the restaurant.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Khalifa_161
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

First impressions were that this apartment hotel was very good. We had a 2 bedroom apartment which was a very good size and had a balcony. The bedroom with the 2 single beds in was enormous. However, the single beds were a bit on the small side and not very comfortable for me. The place was clean. Both bathrooms were ensuite and had a separate walk-in shower and bathtub.

There are spacious wardrobes in both rooms however, there was only one hanger in each.
Either bring your own, or you can call down to housekeeping and they will bring you about 10 wire ones.

The kitchen, I would not say, was fully equipped. There is no cooker as such. Only 2 electric hob type rings and no oven. There is a washing machine (you will need to supply your own detergent) but no dishwasher and a full size fridge freezer. There are also no washing up utensils or washing up liquid. No kitchen towel or even tea towels. I would suggest bringing all of the above. Also bring plastic bowls if you want cereal in the morning as none are provided.

All the electrical points in the apartment are, thankfully the 3-pin English type, so no need for adaptors but the iron we had in our apartment was strangely enough, an American 2-pin one. We had to call down to housekeeping again to get an adaptor, which they delivered promptly.

If you pay in advance, i.e., the day before, you get 40% off the normal breakfast rate of AED70 - that came to around £7.00. Definitely not worth the money. I didn’t enjoy the breakfast at all. You are much better off going to the supermarket and buying some cereal, milks and eggs which is what we did.

There is no wi-fi in the room. You can only get it in the lobby and it will cost you AED20 per hour (about is about £3.50). Bear in mind that you will need to use the whole hour in one go. You will not be able to split 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes later in the day for instance. There is also a business centre which has 2 computers in it. This also cost is also AED20 per hour. The computers are not very good in there and kept crashing. After about half an hour, I got really annoyed and demanded my money back which they gave me. There is an internet café less than 2 minutes walk from the hotel which I used. Not as nice as the business centre but costs AED3 for 30 minutes, or AED5 (about 90p) for an hour. Definitely worth going there if you will be using the internet on a regular basis, as I was for work.

The only negatives for me, apart from the lack of suitable internet access, was housekeeping. On certain days they did not collect the used towels and failed to clean the bath for 3 days, even though they cleaned the shower. They also never cleaned the mirrors in the bedroom which my daughter had put her dirty hands all over. We wouldn’t have minded cleaning these things ourselves, but you are not provided with any equipment to do so.

Another little tip: change your money when you get to Dubai, not in the UK. You’ll get a better rate of exchange. Change some at the airport so that you pay for a taxi (about AED80 – 15.00) then change the rest of it at the Mall of Emirates. They gave the best exchange rate.

All in all, if I were to stay here again I would bring a few things with me to more it more comfortable but for the price, I suppose it is well worth it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family