“Excellent hotel. Thank you Ihab!”

Tamani Hotel Marina
Ranked #222 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stay in Dubai quite alot - have stayed in Grosvenor House, Le Royal Meridien, Quarmadeen, Al Manzil, Crowne Plaza, Fairmont etc etc etc. This hotel is as good as any and provides better value than all I have experienced.

I checked in at 3am and Ihab at reception made me feel welcome and provided me with everything I needed. Excellent employee, Tamani!

This hotel is in an excellent location. A short walk / taxi from the beach, the fantastic Dubai Marina and for the night life lovers, its just across the road from Barasti (look it up). There is a supermarket around the corner from the hotel..well theres two actually, which is a great help also.

The pool area is nice and well maintained and the staff are generally helpful and polite.

I will definitely stay here again. Mr Walid Al-Awa, well done! I hope to see you guys soon - I will recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
8  Thank doscal
There are newer reviews for Tamani Hotel Marina

Reviewed 19 October 2011

This is not a 5 star accomodation as claimed rather max 3 star.
Staff not very cooperative.Rooms very tiny. This is like bed and break fast apartment tower not a real hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I have read some of the reviews and was really concerned. I must say that, I was really pleased that the reality turned out to be much better then I expected. We got there really early in the morning and were exptecting to wait until the room was ready. We have been offered breakfast and by the time we finished - the room was ready!
We got a studio with sea view without asking! The room was ok, yes a bit tired and the bed was a bit small for the two of us but we are choosy! There was no cooker in the room and no cutlery/crokery; so I am not sure why the call it a studio. Also no hair dryer. But this is the only negatives I can think of.
The staff in the hotel were fantastic, always there, nice and polite. Our room was always cleaned properly, we got extra towels, bedding has been changed. The breakfast is really recommended, nice choice and fresh! There is a nice bar in Media Hotel, just 2 min walk; where you can get alcoholic drinks at very reasonable price. Also there is a Carrefour Supermarket - 2 min from the hotel, where you can get all necessary stuff, like friuts, water, etc. The hotel is 7 minutes walk from Nakheel Metro Staion; which we found to be very convinient.

All in all, it was a very nice stay and we would recommend this hotel to friends!!

Room Tip: Sea view is very nice!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank coollondon
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My stay at tamani hotels was totally satisfactory, clean and comfortable with very friendly staff. The reception was modern and welcoming. Room service was prompt and with a smile. I stayed in high floor and the view also very nice. I realy recoment this hotel to my friends and room charge also not that much expensive,

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank nasser a
Reviewed 16 September 2011

While residing in Kuwait, we frequently visited Dubai on business and family vacations. Let's be clear.. There is some construction going on that will eventually be complete, but once inside this magnificently decorated 5 star hotel, you will be instantly relaxed from the reception area all the way to your suite. Depending on which floor, which wing and what size suite you book, your stay will certainly be well worth it. We were fortunate to have been guests at the Tamani Marina on multiple occasions, on different floors and wings. The 2 and 3 bedroom suites are your villa away from home. They are luxuriously furnished with breathtaking views of the Palms on the Marina wing. The indoor solarium with heated pool and jacuzzi is a blast for the kids. We transferred twice from 2 other popular 5 star hotels to be guests at the Tamani. Highly competent staff, friendly, helpful and willing to go the extra mile to make your stay more comfortable. The Manager of this establishment is a remarkable person who is always visible and willing to assist when needed. We definitely stay at the Tamani on my next visit...

Room Tip: Depending on family size, the 2 and 3 bedroom suites are the most luxurious higher up on the Palm fa...
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank Shokat S
Reviewed 25 July 2011

i stayed in this hotel for 4 nights with my family
it meet the basic features for its level but not reach to my expectations
good point that it is free from alcohol
as i read before in other review the view through windows is not possible because of its dirty status
overall it is good
but i prefer to try other hotels.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank khg1972
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Tamani Hotel Marina!

Thank you very much for your comments concerning the cleanliness of the windows of the hotel. We are very sorry to hear that you experienced some challenges during your stay. Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused you.

We are pleased to inform you that Tamani Hotel Marina has a regular cleaning schedule for the external windows of the hotel. This project is ongoing, and a team of specialized window cleaners involved in operating a “spider like system”, around the building.

We stand by our commitment in providing an exceptional experience to all of our guests. Thus, we greatly value your feedback, which served as the catalyst to help us improve our current system and strive harder to ensure that we provide exemplary level of service to our guests at all times.

Once again, our heartfelt apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

Thank you very much for your support and understanding.

Walid Al-Awa

Reviewed 25 June 2011

I was extremely disappointed with my stay in this hotel. I had booked a room through an Internet-based travel website. I was surprised to see such an amazing rate at a "five star hotel." I guess not all rooms in a five star need to be high level.
Firstly, I think the special rate is reserved for rooms that were probably intended to be staff quarters in the original design of the hotel. My room was tiny. The bathroom was not only minuscule, the shower curtain smelled like urine and there were hairs on the toilet when I checked into the room.
The room had a kitchenette with fridge, electric kettle, instant coffee/tea, glasses and cutlery. And there is a Carrefour Supermarket right next door. The location is convenient to Dubai Marina. The decorative features were obviously cut to fit such a small room. The drapes, furniture and bedding were nice, however, the finishes were not (such as the tile floor of the room which looked like it belonged in a bathroom). House keeping was very friendly. Most of the staff at the front desk did not even think to interrupt their gossip session when I arrived or approached them for advice (there were two guest services members who were the exception).
I am not sure if there is public access to the beach from this hotel. Luckily I had a friend staying across the street at the beautiful Westin. Although it was a bit harrowing to move around in this area due to all of the construction.
I am sure there must be nicer rooms in this hotel, but next time I would rather stay in the nicest room of a three star hotel, then such an awful room in a 5 star one.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo