“Delicious food and perfect service”
Review of Seven Sands

Seven Sands
Ranked #240 of 9,810 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: US$24 - US$29
Neighbourhood: The Marina
Description: Welcome to Seven Sands. A gastronomic pleasure inspired by the rich culture and history of the Emirates. Since the beginning of time, food and eating has taken its place as the central activity of all of mankind and one of the most significant trademarks of any culture. Like pizza is to Italy, truffles to France and saffron to Persia, we want the world and our guests to discover the UAE through our cuisine. At Seven Sands, food is never only about satisfying the appetite. It’s about sharing, about honesty, and above all, it’s about identity. We couldn’t agree more. Owned by Dubai World Trade Centre, the Emirati cuisine specialists, Seven Sands represents a blend of ethnic flavours and inspirations. With an unsurpassed reputation catering to royal events and celebrity galas, there are great expectations surrounding Seven Sands.We hope to live up to every single one of them from starter to dessert.
Reviewed 18 June 2017

We made a reservation for our family for Iftar and were welcomed and taken to our table immediately by the friendly hosting staff.
Juices and breads were served to us almost immediately with an invitation to help ourselves to the buffet.
The lentil soup was warm and delicious. The tabbouleh, hummus, moutabel, baba ghanoush, fattoush and other salads were fresh, tasty and regularly topped up. As were the main courses, of which there was a great selection. The chicken kebab was a particular favourite.
The dessert choices, although a little limited, were fresh and tasty. Lots of fresh fruit.
There was a positive atmosphere amongst the diners who were also clearly enjoying, and the staff were friendly, smiley and attentive.
We will definitely be looking to return again soo.

saadtassoufra, Manager at Seven Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear CRRLondon,

We are thrilled you enjoyed your experience with us and our team will be glad to hear it. We change our menu frequently, so come back soon to try more amazing dishes.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

As the title suggests, this review is about the Iftar I recently experienced at Seven Sands with six of my colleagues on a Thursday evening and does not apply to their a-la-carte menu which I have yet to try.

PROS
- Excellent service
From the time we walked in until we left, the staff were absolutely brilliant. Always had a smile on their face, were quick with taking/delivering the drinks orders and clearing the table.

- View
The balcony on the 1st floor overlooks the JBR beach and the Dubai Eye (still under construction). You can dine on the balcony and enjoy a shisha.

- Shisha
I am not a big shisha smoker, but my colleagues enjoyed theirs and mentioned that at AED 65 it was reasonably priced.

- Tea
Seven Sands has a fantastic tea selection and the way they present you with the various options is very different. They hand you a box with glass test tubes and you can read what ingredients each tea contains and you can even have a smell test.

CONS
- Food
To be honest the food did not blow my mind, it was very average. I did enjoy the sticky date pudding though which was the highlight of the entire selection.

- Variety & Price
The Iftar buffet was priced at AED 139 which is generally reasonable nowadays for an Iftar buffet, however, the selection of dishes was definitely not worth AED 139. We had The Entertainer vouchers so we ended up paying only AED 69.5 each. With the 2for1 offer the buffet was then definitely worth it, however, everyone at the table agreed that we would have been very disappointed if we had to pay AED 139. There are numerous Iftar buffets along JBR that offer ten times more in terms of variety and quality for the same price or a tad bit more.

- Shisha timings
Ok, this con is subjective but it has to be mentioned. When we first sat down we immediately asked our waitress what time would they be serving shisha, upon which she replied ‘9pm’. Unfortunately, for us there was a baby at one of the tables and the staff said they weren't allowed to serve the shishas until the family had left, which they did at 9.20pm. I completely understand the situation and I agree with the staff, the baby’s health should come first, however, shouldn’t that be mentioned to the family upon entry? Seven Sands is a restaurant that serves shisha, and there were a few tables that came after Iftar just for the shisha. By delaying this you end up frustrating a number of tables and potentially lose out on business. Of course, I am not saying kick the family out, but if the staff were to mention this at the start and then remind the family 10mins before 9pm then surely the family will have the common sense to leave on time unless they want to be the focus of many angry guests around the restaurant.

To conclude, great service and nice atmosphere but a disappointing Iftar buffet. I heard that their a-la-carte options are fantastic so I will be visiting again to give that a try. Thanks Seven Sands team for the lovely service!

Dear Dii86,

Thank you for taking the time out to show your appreciation. We are glad you enjoyed your Seven Sands experience and look forward to hosting you again.

We have noted your comment also regarding the smoking and will work on it with the team to see how we could get this done even better

Looking forward to welcoming you soon to Seven Sands

Reviewed 9 June 2017

I went to this restaurant nearly two weeks ago for iftar. My friend booked a table there and raved about how good the place was. I arrived at iftar time to see three members of the staff arguing with each other briefly while I stood there. When I eventually got the chance to mention that my friend had made a booking, I gave them the name and they took me to my table on the ground floor. I proceeded to ask the server for a cup of coffee which seemed to hit them as an odd request and on two occasions I was reminded that it was an extra charge, for which I said twice that that was fine. A few minutes later my friend who made the booking calls me and says that she was sat on the first floor of the restaurant 5 minutes before I had arrived. For some reason the staff cannot cannot get their act together regarding bookings and throughout the night they just seemed to run around aimlessly.

Now let's talk food. I found it disappointing. The meat was chewy, the fish was cold and the molokhia was dry. The selection was limited and I think the only nice thing there was the date sticky pudding. Overall, given all the positive reviews I heard about this place, I think this restaurant is not meant for buffets or a ramadan experience because they cannot handle it. Lastly, the service was utterly disappointing. I would expect, at least, for the service to be good because good customer service should be a standard irrespective of any occasion.

saadtassoufra, Manager at Seven Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2017

Dear Nomad,

Thank you for taking the time out to write this detailed review. We appreciate all the feedback we get from our diners and we do our best towards improving customer experience overall.

It seems like you had a mixed experience, we would still like to get more information about the aspects of your visit that were not so promising. This way we can look into the matter further, speak to relevant team members and ensure there is no misunderstanding as well as ensuring this doesn’t happen again. Please email us on Info@sevensandsrestaurant.com and kindly include the best contact details for you, so we can reach out to you personally.

I hope we get the chance to serve you again.

Regards,

Seven Sands team.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

The place is nice ,
The food is 80%
Service is 45% , too slow , u have to order many times for water
I will never try it again
The cost : experience, for iftar buffet 139AED , by this price I can great iftar buffet in 5stars in same area JBR

Dear Ahmed,

Thank you for Visiting Seven Sands Restaurant

We appreciate your feedback and the same has been discussed with the team for improvement, We hope to see you soon again and give you a better service, simply because our patrons deserve the best.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

We went to there for Ramadan Iftar buffet and we liked it , it's a modern restaurant with a nice design, the local speciality food is very nice especially the desert (dates pudding, Umm Ali) , professional staff and very good service. I'll try it again !

saadtassoufra, Manager at Seven Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear Yass K,

We will make sure this is addressed to our team as well, See you soon again for another great Emirati Culinary Experience!

Operations Manager,