“Interesting walking tour of downtown sucre”

Condor Trekkers Tours
Ranked #2 of 10 Outdoor Activities in Sucre
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: CondorTrekkers is a non-profit organisation working to break the cycle of poverty in one of the world's poorest country. We offer tours of Sucre's historic colonial centre and treks into the spectacular mountain ranges surrounding the city. All proceeds support development projects in the countryside where we hike as well as within Sucre. These projects provide food and accommodation as well as recreation, education and health services to local children and communities in need.
Reviewed 4 July 2016

This was a bit different from other city walking tours I have done in S America. Our guide went through the history of Bolivia, beginning by going into a craft store and a museum. We then did a more conventional tour of some of the sites, with a generally good explanation of their historical significance.
We then all got on a local bus, which was hot, crowded and slow, but a useful introduction to public transport. We visited a local bar, not the sort of place I would have visited by myself; very basic and decorated with swimsuit calendars. We had some beer and a local drink (sharing out of the same container!) , and played a local game involving throwing metal disks into holes. We then walked up to a viewpoint and then back down into town.
It was a quirky introduction to the high and low culture of Sucre, and may not have suited everyone, but we enjoyed it.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

We absolutely loved our 3 day, 2 night trek with Condor Trekkers. Our guide Julio and volunteer/translator Enoi were amazing and told us so much about the area, cooked and prepared amazing food and didn't let us do a thing.

Really enjoyed Julio's additions such as the chance to try fresh milk from a cow and looking around local areas. He was obviously very passionate about the local people (providing medical assistance!) and we appreciated the opportunity to learn about the local communities.

The hike itself was beautiful but was enhanced by the passion and enthusiasm of our guides. The accommodation on the whole was great (the last night's accommodation could be a bit cleaner!) but it would have taken a lot to put a negative on the fantastic trip we had.

Thank you very much Condor and especially Julio!

Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

We went for a trek to see water Falls and the dinosaur park. The dinosaur park was completely waste of time, but the trek itself was beautiful and interesting.
Furthermore the food was impressive.
Finally it warms my heart to see that not all agencies focus on maximizing profit: For this agency all the money goes to charity.

1  Thank Lasse K
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

Did the 2-day trek to Maragua Crater and was not disappointed : great staff and excellent guide(s), a very scenic route not too difficult with a piece of Inca trail, a stop at a waterfall for lunch and an evening under the stars in the Maragua Crater... The staff was very sympathetic and competent and also proved to be great cooks !! Really enjoyed this walk in the beautiful suuroundings of Sucre ! It was also useful as Condor is non-profit and uses the fee to support local communities and initiatives... Way to go !

1  Thank Antoine H
Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

We booked the 2 day, one night track to the Maragua Crater and it was fantastic. Our guides Rogelio and Edwin were great. They explained everything very well and introduced us to local customs as well as native plants.
This was my first ever two day hike so I was a bit worried I would not make it or everybody had to constantly wait for me. This was no problem at all as there was always one guide at the front and one guide at the back so that everyone could walk in their own speed and enjoy the scenery.
My boyfriend could have done more hiking but for me it was just right. I think we did about 18km the first day and 10km the next day.
The food was great. Being vegetarian has been rather difficult with other tour operators but as all the food on this hike is vegetarian I was very happy. On the first day we had lunch right next to a waterfall, which was really beautiful. I think every guide has his own spots where they stop so each tour is a bit individual.
We did arrive at our accommodation and there were not enough beds for all of us but this wasn't a big problem. Some people just shared a bed. Our guide slept on a tiny sofa, after he carried a heavy backpack with most of our food and pots etc all day. So really no big deal. The accommodation was clean. We had been told beforehand that there would be no showers available. There were some but I am not sure if they were working. Even if they would work I recommend not to use them as water in the village sparse.
All the money goes to the local villages and support the local community. Before starting the hike we did not really know what projects the charity supports and where our money would go but the guides explained everything and even showed us some examples. I am not sure if other organisations are cheaper but seeing the great work this charity does it is worth every penny.
Thank you so much Rogelio and Edwin for the great hike and the great two days.

2  Thank jesuisveine