“Disappointed ”

Open Spanish - Day Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Open Spanish Lesson provides high quality instruction for students of all levels and ages. Our goal is to create an optimal learning environment allowing our students to learn and fully enjoy their experience. All of our instruction is private one-to-one lessons with tailor-made curriculum to meet the needs of each student. Teaching is balanced between the areas of writing, reading, and grammar
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

We were really disappointed with Open Spanish. We'd heard good reviews & were so keen. The teachers were actually great, but the organisation was shocking.. twice we had booked lessons in advance and rocked up and there was no one to teach us so we were turned away. When you only have a short time and want to make the most of learning Spanish in Sucre I would not recommend going here just in case this happens to you and you waste your time.. we had to quickly go somewhere else but because it was late we could only get lessons the next day - so it wastes a whole day.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

I spent about 2 weeks in Sucre learning Spanish here with Noelia who is an AMAZING teacher. We had 4 hours lesson each day and she made sure I'm learning as much as I can and want to. She's very patient and really lovely to be with. The negative I have is the lack of activities to help the students practice the language and the lack of clear organisation.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I did classes with Noelia for 7 days and Shirley for 1 day, and I would highly recommend them both. Excellent teachers who have had lots of patience with me and taught me a lot. Thanks girls

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

We had 5 days of lessons with open Spanish during our stay in Sucre. Gonzalo the owner was really friendly and helpful. He was quick to reply to us and help us plan what lessons would best meet our needs. We opted for semi-private lessons (2:1) which were really good value for money. Noelia our teacher was amazing, she custom made our lessons to fit the level of knowledge and the traveling based vocab that we needed to learn most. She was not only knowledgeable about languages but she taught us lots about Bolivian history and culture, a great teacher! The whole team at Open Spanish were great from start to finish and we cannot recommend them highly enough!

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

My partner and I took Spanish classes for 4 days with Gonzalo. Each day we worked together from 10:30-12:30 and again from 2:30-4:30. We both went into the program with basic conversational skills, and Gonzalo assessed our needs to make the best lesson plan for us. Gonzalo was a fantastic teacher and an awesome person to work with! We saw immediate improvements in our Spanish and were given tools to continue improving during the rest of our trip! We highly recommend Open Spanish to anybody looking to improve their Spanish skills :)