Review Highlights
0 spanish to having a conversation in 1 week

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Riley J
Best Spanish school and amazing teacher

Reviewed September 4, 2018
Charles_Wolf
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Sucre
from US$50.00
More Info
All reviews spanish school per day my girlfriend spent days amazing teacher travels in south america great place to learn short period of time muchas gracias improved dramatically dorm room great environment five days second week stayed longer home stay shirley
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Best spanish school in sucre! Our teacher Maya was so positive and helpful, she made learning spanish fun and easy. We had private lessons for 5 days with 2 hours in the morning and 2 in the afternoon and by the last day we were only speaking spanish in the lessons. We went away with an excellent experience and continue to learn spanish as we travel. I highly recommend this school

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I studied for 2 weeks with Shirley. She is the best Spanish teacher we've had and we learnt so much. Thank you Shirley for all your hard work and amazing teaching skills!

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Thank you Gonzalo and his team for an excellent experience in Sucre. The teachers were very attentive to my needs.

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

I spent two weeks in thr school with a mixture of small group and private lessons. It is a small school and you feel like part of the family. My teacher was Alejandra and she was brilliant! She was so kind and patient and interesting to talk to, I learnt a lot.
I also stayed in the school, they had comfortable beds and a well equipped hostel.

Reviewed July 4, 2018

I took one week of classes at Open Spanish and wish I could've stayed even longer to continue! I spent two hours in the afternoon learning from the lovely and patient Shirley. I specified that I wanted to practice the past tense during my time there, and came out feeling very satisfied with the structure of the class and how much I learned. I had opportunities to speak a lot during the class, was given many exercises to do in my spare time, and had a lot of the grammar clarified. The small grammar book that the school provided is also one reason I chose to study there – it's not overwhelming and is filled with tons of exercises to help get the material to stick. I highly recommend Open Spanish. :)

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

During the two and a half weeks, I did 3 hours of individual classes per day and being in the more advanced sector I didn't feel as if there was a lack of challenge. I believe that beginner to advanced Spanish speakers would be able to integrate this school and learn a lot of new Spanish structures, vocab, and conjugation that will be useful in everyday conversations. I had a lot of fun going out with my teacher to different parts of sucre visiting.

2  Thank nathangayot
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

We took lessons with open Spanish for two and a half weeks with a private tutor (two to one). For the first week we had Ale and then for the rest of our time we had Shirley. Both were fantastic and so kind and friendly. We learnt more in our time there than 5 years learning other languages at school.

Shirley and Gonzales were also really helpful with any other issues/questions we had - they helped us get a new phone, with hospital appointments and gave us lots of advice about things to do. The school is also very sociable and organises football, meals etc (although I think there is scope to organise a few more things).

In our last week Shirley worked really hard to vary our lessons and we went out of the school to cafes and to different tourist attractions to practice in real situations and also give some variation.

100% recommended.

Reviewed December 12, 2017

My girlfriend and I took Spanish lessons for a week - 4 hours per day. First of all the communication with Gonzalo was excellent so we knew we would have a good experience and the school was very central and a great place to learn.

I don't even know where to begin with how AMAZING our teacher was. Shirley was so patient, kind, funny and she always had a huge smile on her face. She had awesome teaching techniques which made every lesson enjoyable. We started with barely any Spanish to knowing everything we needed to know to travel South America for six months. We were genuinely sad to say goodbye :( We will never forget the experience we had with Shirley and it will remain one of the top things we have done so far in South America.

Muchas Gracias!

Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I did a total of 3 and a half weeks at Open Spanish and it was amazing. I went from knowing no Spanish to being confident in any situation. Gonzalo who runs the school constantly went out of his way to help me and any other student that needed it. From running round a market with me trying to find shoes to fit my huge feet to going to the bank to help another student get her card back. All you needed to do was ask and he would help. It didn’t just stop during opening hours. I was taken to a local football game with Gonzalo and his Dad. We had a night out in a Bolivian karaoke bar with a couple of the teachers and had dinner with them too. You are made to feel welcome straight away and by the time we left we felt like family. All the teachers were friendly but I have to give a special mention to Shirley who was my teacher. She was extremely nice and warm and very patient with me and my ability to learn. I can not recommend Open Spanish enough.

¡¡¡Muchas Gracias!!!

Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I took Spanish lessons over a week in Sucre - 4 hours per day. Gonzalo was very prompt in replying to my email by whatsapp before we started, answering any questions. The prices are very reasonable and Sucre is a lovely city to learn in.

Open Spanish were flexible with how we wanted to time our lessons and we found our teachers to be excellent and very patient with us beginners!

We were able to learn a good amount of Spanish to now practise for the rest of our travels in South America. We would highly recommend and return back - thank you!