“Dramatic improvement in my Spanish ”

Open Spanish - Day Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Open Spanish Lesson provides high quality instruction for students of all levels and ages. Our goal is to create an optimal learning environment allowing our students to learn and fully enjoy their experience. All of our instruction is private one-to-one lessons with tailor-made curriculum to meet the needs of each student. Teaching is balanced between the areas of writing, reading, and grammar
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I spent a very enjoyable and productive 3 weeks in sucre learning Spanish.

Pros of open Spanish school:
Gonzalo was very quick to respond to my request compared to all other Spanish schools.
He Organised a great homestay that was very central.
1 teacher was absolutely excellent, the best teacher I have had for any subject ever. She made classes so much fun you rarely realised how much you had learned.
3 other teachers were also to a very high standard.
My Spanish improved dramatically over 3 weeks for a very good price.

One teacher is very poor and frankly a waste of time and money. I only had this teacher for a short period of time and I am sure he is a nice person. However he is not interested not trained and not organised.
School can be a little disorganised at times, but this could be comparing South America to European standards.

Altogether extremely worthwhile and enjoyable experience- if you get the right teacher.

1  Thank Eimear T
All reviews
"per day"
in 7 reviews
"two weeks"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this school"
"my girlfriend"
in 7 reviews
"spent days"
"four hours"
in 4 reviews
"travels in south america"
"muchas gracias"
"semi private"
"excellent teachers"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Three of us travelling together had heard about Open Spanish prior to arriving in Sucre, and with no prior experience in Spanish, we wanted to make the most of our time. Gonzalo was great with communication up to our arrival, and he let us book the dorm room and private bathroom upstairs (the reason we chose Open Spanish) as well as four hour lessons, five days a week, for four weeks. David, our teacher, was very patient and we felt challenged but never too much to make us not want to return. Oh yeah, and we can also now speak Spanish. I played football with the teachers and a few other students during the second week, and Gonzalo and the other teachers were always around for a chat, which was great practise. We felt right at home, so much so that Gonzalo would knock before entering to ask if we needed anything (toilet paper, rubbish bags, matches etc). There was a public holiday and a day or two where our teacher took leave, which Gonzalo was more than flexible to make up for by changing a class to a weekend and offering new teachers, a true sign that he and the team really have your best interests at heart. The whole crew at Open Spanish were great and if we ever return to Sucre we will be calling in to say Hola (and to get more cuñapes from the bakery next door).

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

We were really disappointed with Open Spanish. We'd heard good reviews & were so keen. The teachers were actually great, but the organisation was shocking.. twice we had booked lessons in advance and rocked up and there was no one to teach us so we were turned away. When you only have a short time and want to make the most of learning Spanish in Sucre I would not recommend going here just in case this happens to you and you waste your time.. we had to quickly go somewhere else but because it was late we could only get lessons the next day - so it wastes a whole day.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

I spent about 2 weeks in Sucre learning Spanish here with Noelia who is an AMAZING teacher. We had 4 hours lesson each day and she made sure I'm learning as much as I can and want to. She's very patient and really lovely to be with. The negative I have is the lack of activities to help the students practice the language and the lack of clear organisation.