Review Highlights
0 spanish to having a conversation in 1 week

Best spanish school in sucre! Our teacher Maya was so positive and helpful, she made learning... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Riley J
Best Spanish school and amazing teacher

My girlfriend and I studied for 2 weeks with Shirley. She is the best Spanish teacher we've had and... read more

Reviewed September 4, 2018
Charles_Wolf
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Sucre
All reviews spanish school per day my girlfriend spent days four hours amazing teacher travels in south america great place to learn short period of time muchas gracias improved dramatically dorm room whole team great environment second week stayed longer home stay
Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

Three of us travelling together had heard about Open Spanish prior to arriving in Sucre, and with no prior experience in Spanish, we wanted to make the most of our time. Gonzalo was great with communication up to our arrival, and he let us book the dorm room and private bathroom upstairs (the reason we chose Open Spanish) as well as four hour lessons, five days a week, for four weeks. David, our teacher, was very patient and we felt challenged but never too much to make us not want to return. Oh yeah, and we can also now speak Spanish. I played football with the teachers and a few other students during the second week, and Gonzalo and the other teachers were always around for a chat, which was great practise. We felt right at home, so much so that Gonzalo would knock before entering to ask if we needed anything (toilet paper, rubbish bags, matches etc). There was a public holiday and a day or two where our teacher took leave, which Gonzalo was more than flexible to make up for by changing a class to a weekend and offering new teachers, a true sign that he and the team really have your best interests at heart. The whole crew at Open Spanish were great and if we ever return to Sucre we will be calling in to say Hola (and to get more cuñapes from the bakery next door).

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

We were really disappointed with Open Spanish. We'd heard good reviews & were so keen. The teachers were actually great, but the organisation was shocking.. twice we had booked lessons in advance and rocked up and there was no one to teach us so we were turned away. When you only have a short time and want to make the most of learning Spanish in Sucre I would not recommend going here just in case this happens to you and you waste your time.. we had to quickly go somewhere else but because it was late we could only get lessons the next day - so it wastes a whole day.

Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

I spent about 2 weeks in Sucre learning Spanish here with Noelia who is an AMAZING teacher. We had 4 hours lesson each day and she made sure I'm learning as much as I can and want to. She's very patient and really lovely to be with. The negative I have is the lack of activities to help the students practice the language and the lack of clear organisation.

Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

I did classes with Noelia for 7 days and Shirley for 1 day, and I would highly recommend them both. Excellent teachers who have had lots of patience with me and taught me a lot. Thanks girls

Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

We had 5 days of lessons with open Spanish during our stay in Sucre. Gonzalo the owner was really friendly and helpful. He was quick to reply to us and help us plan what lessons would best meet our needs. We opted for semi-private lessons (2:1) which were really good value for money. Noelia our teacher was amazing, she custom made our lessons to fit the level of knowledge and the traveling based vocab that we needed to learn most. She was not only knowledgeable about languages but she taught us lots about Bolivian history and culture, a great teacher! The whole team at Open Spanish were great from start to finish and we cannot recommend them highly enough!