Review Highlights
0 spanish to having a conversation in 1 week

Best spanish school in sucre! Our teacher Maya was so positive and helpful, she made learning... read more

Reviewed today
Riley J
Best Spanish school and amazing teacher

My girlfriend and I studied for 2 weeks with Shirley. She is the best Spanish teacher we've had and... read more

Reviewed September 4, 2018
Charles_Wolf
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Sucre
from US$50.00
More Info
All reviews spanish school per day my girlfriend spent days four hours amazing teacher travels in south america great place to learn short period of time muchas gracias improved dramatically dorm room whole team great environment second week stayed longer home stay
Reviewed June 8, 2017 via mobile

We arrived in Sucre planning to do 4 weeks of Spanish lessons. We walked around the town and asked all the questions you need to ask and Open Spanish School was the most friendly, flexible and informative to meet our needs. We had absolutely no Spanish and we needed to started with the basics.

We loved our teachers Shirley, Hugo, David. The owner Gonzalo is very kind, helpful and flexible with our hours.

Over the 4 weeks we went from speaking no espanol to being able to sit in our lessons having conversations about what we did last weekend, what and where we plan to travel to. We learnt all the verbs we needed to know. Adjectives, future and past tense.

We would 100% recommend Open Spanish school to everyone going through Sucre. You can do one day of lessons to months of it. When we didn't quite understand something we would work on it more until we understood. They were flexible with hours. We did a range of hours from 4 hours in the morning to 4 hours in the afternoon to 2 in both morning and afternoon.

To top it all off Gonzalo had FIFI! Which my boyfriend and him had lots of fun with.

Coffee/tea breaks as you needed and also meeting other awesome travellers wanting to learn Spanish was a bonus. They helped us with advice on where to go in Sucre and where to stay etc. They do offer some accomodation in Open Spanish school however we were already in an AirBnb.

Thank you for helping us to start to understand the language! When we are next though Sucre we will for sure be coming past.

Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

I spent a very enjoyable and productive 3 weeks in sucre learning Spanish.

Pros of open Spanish school:
Gonzalo was very quick to respond to my request compared to all other Spanish schools.
He Organised a great homestay that was very central.
1 teacher was absolutely excellent, the best teacher I have had for any subject ever. She made classes so much fun you rarely realised how much you had learned.
3 other teachers were also to a very high standard.
My Spanish improved dramatically over 3 weeks for a very good price.

Cons:
One teacher is very poor and frankly a waste of time and money. I only had this teacher for a short period of time and I am sure he is a nice person. However he is not interested not trained and not organised.
School can be a little disorganised at times, but this could be comparing South America to European standards.

Altogether extremely worthwhile and enjoyable experience- if you get the right teacher.

1  Thank Eimear T
Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

Three of us travelling together had heard about Open Spanish prior to arriving in Sucre, and with no prior experience in Spanish, we wanted to make the most of our time. Gonzalo was great with communication up to our arrival, and he let us book the dorm room and private bathroom upstairs (the reason we chose Open Spanish) as well as four hour lessons, five days a week, for four weeks. David, our teacher, was very patient and we felt challenged but never too much to make us not want to return. Oh yeah, and we can also now speak Spanish. I played football with the teachers and a few other students during the second week, and Gonzalo and the other teachers were always around for a chat, which was great practise. We felt right at home, so much so that Gonzalo would knock before entering to ask if we needed anything (toilet paper, rubbish bags, matches etc). There was a public holiday and a day or two where our teacher took leave, which Gonzalo was more than flexible to make up for by changing a class to a weekend and offering new teachers, a true sign that he and the team really have your best interests at heart. The whole crew at Open Spanish were great and if we ever return to Sucre we will be calling in to say Hola (and to get more cuñapes from the bakery next door).

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

We were really disappointed with Open Spanish. We'd heard good reviews & were so keen. The teachers were actually great, but the organisation was shocking.. twice we had booked lessons in advance and rocked up and there was no one to teach us so we were turned away. When you only have a short time and want to make the most of learning Spanish in Sucre I would not recommend going here just in case this happens to you and you waste your time.. we had to quickly go somewhere else but because it was late we could only get lessons the next day - so it wastes a whole day.

Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

I spent about 2 weeks in Sucre learning Spanish here with Noelia who is an AMAZING teacher. We had 4 hours lesson each day and she made sure I'm learning as much as I can and want to. She's very patient and really lovely to be with. The negative I have is the lack of activities to help the students practice the language and the lack of clear organisation.