“Open Spanish school”

Open Spanish School
More attraction details
Owner description: Open Spanish Lesson provides high quality instruction for students of all levels and ages. Our goal is to create an optimal learning environment allowing our students to learn and fully enjoy their experience. All of our instruction is private one-to-one lessons with tailor-made curriculum to meet the needs of each student. Teaching is balanced between the areas of writing, reading, and grammar
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Great Spanish school...i studied here for a week in August and really benefited from it.My teacher Alexandre was great and i found her methods really good and enjoyable,i had one on one classes and i think i made some really good progress.The classes are really informal after getting some of the basics down...which is great.The school is quite flexible too,so you can more or less study when you want during the day.I would tell my friends to go here if they want to learn Spanish in South America.

All reviews
"four hours"
in 4 reviews
"amazing teacher"
in 4 reviews
"travels in south america"
"great place to learn"
"second week"
"stayed longer"
"home stay"

Reviewed September 17, 2017

I studied here for 2 weeks and it was an amazing experience.

My spanish improved dramatically whilst at this school. What makes this school so great, is the people that work here and the way they teach. Gonzalo and the other teachers primarily care for you as a person, and not just about your money. I studied at one of the other schools which is very popular on trip advisor and this was not the case there. I also got to know all the teachers and the other students in other classes very well. They create a natural and warm social environment for everyone.

I took private classes with the owner Gonzalo as my teacher. He had many creative and practical ways to help me learn faster.

This is not related to Spanish classes, but some evidence to show you how nice these people are. I told Gonzalo I wanted to buy a guitar and also being a guitar player himself, he took me to all of the guitar stores in the city to help me find the right guitar to buy. This was outside of school time and he just did this because he is a great guy. Also I went to a basketball game with Gonzalo and Shirley one night after school and it was a lot of fun.

I'd also highly recommend doing a home stay whilst at this school. I stayed with a lovely family for a week and this also really helped me improve my spanish, but also get a glimpse into everyday family life in Bolivia.

Couldn't recommend this place more.

Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

I spent 10 days living and studying at Open Spanish and I'd have stayed longer if it wasn't for visa issues. From the first day I felt like a part of the family when Gonzalo invited me to join them for football and BBQ with his family. The teachers are all patient and fun to speak with. Lessons were structured and free-flowing at the same time, including watching videos and going out to the museums for excursions. I started knowing the basics and to bring it to the next level, the teachers really challenged me with the content. I learnt a LOT in that short time with them. Staying at the dorm also means meeting other students and we had a good time at a bar, watching movies and having a BBQ.

Thank you Gonzalo, Shirley, Hugo and Rolando!

Reviewed July 28, 2017

Gonzalo the director/owner of Open Spanish, is super helpful and accommodating. Gonzalo and his staff speak great English and are willing to help you with anything. My wife and I took one week of Spanish classes at Open Spanish, our instructor Shirley was great. Shirley had a structured plan for teaching us as much Spanish as possible in the first three days, then asked us what else we wanted to know and those topics were covered in our last two days. This seemed to be the right approach because honestly Spanish can't be learned in one week. Classes can be set up in two hour increments, or as we did, a 4-hr class in the morning each day with a 10-15 minute break for coffee/tea or a field trip to try some tasty breakfast treats. At the end of class, Shirley would assign homework that we would then be graded on or tested on in the next class. Also Gonzalo helps us coordinate a homestay with a local Bolivian family. I would highly recommend the homestay because it is an amazing experience to live with a family and learn the day routines of locals in Sucre.