“TMAZ for tacos and guacamole”
Review of TMAZ Taqueria

TMAZ Taqueria
Ranked #141 of 645 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 7, 2017

I used to get here quite frequently for lunch--most Fridays--but changes in my schedule have made these trips far less frequent. Every time I am there now, the place is bigger than the last. They seem to be doing well. On my visits, I generally order roughly the same thing--three of the vegetarian tacos; I generally get one potato poblano, one black bean, and one vegetable (it is mostly squash, onion, and red bell pepper) and cheese. They are all very good, starting with the corn tortillas themselves. Salsas could use some improvement (and more heat), but they are OK. On occasion, I get the guacamole, and it is outstanding. I only wish they had more vegetarian options.

Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

Good Mexican food, had the tacos. The guacamole was extremely good. Service was quick and friendly. Would go back.

Reviewed February 11, 2017

I'm not sure what happened to this place, but the service has been atrociously slow and inefficiant the last couple of times I have been. For example, we waited in line for 10 minutes and there were only two people ahead of us (mother and daughter I think). Then the phone kept ringing and the guy behind the counter kept handing it to the cook as he was cooking. I'm pretty sure that is unsanitary and a health code violation. We had to keep asking for things we ordered. Once everyone in line got their orders in, the guy behind the counter was messing around with his friends that came in, instead of delivering the food that was sitting waiting or bussing tables. The food was still good, but I would never go here to eat in again. Also, I would be reluctant to order carry out since you'd likely be waiting in line a long time to pick it up.

Reviewed December 30, 2016

This restaurant offers tasty dishes but is a bit "campy" and in need of some renovations. Paid on average $13/person for pretty basic (but good) entrees and drinks (bottled sodas from a fridge). Guacamole was some of the best I've had from a restaurant. I would had felt good if my bill we more like $40 for the 5 of us ($8/person) versus $65 we paid. For $65, there are lots of other choices with just as good food and much nicer facilities.

Reviewed August 2, 2016

very informal dining (order at counter, but they bring it out to you), but very good food, and they did OK with keeping out the gluten and dairy for me
if you want a Dos Equis, you will need to walk over to the liquor store a little to the east
it is quite a drive for us, but we will be back