“Rather authentic Mexican”

TMAZ Taqueria
Ranked #140 of 645 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 16, 2017 via mobile

We recently moved up from the border and have been trying a ton of Mexican places around the area. We found this one just via the Maps on the iPhone. We also saw it on Groupon.

The place is pretty authentic. The tacos were good. The salsa was good. The employees were great. They were honest as well (as I left my credit card on accident in the machine and they brought it out to the table... Then we saw them do the same thing when another guy left his in the credit card reader).

The prices are a little higher than other taquerias (e.g. $3 for a taco, $2.50 if you buy 2 or more). But the Groupon helps.

We will go back when in the area.

Reviewed July 14, 2017

Small, populated by regulars, with excellent, low-priced food. Quite a variety as well and very filling. Pleasant staff. We went for two lunches in a row and would return again when we are in town.

Reviewed May 18, 2017

Three adults ate dinner here in May 2017. Good food. A bit expensive for the quantity received. Would go back again.

Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

This place isn't pretty to look at but they have great food! I hadn't been here in a couple years and they've expanded a ton since I was last in. Now having a ton of available seating, glad to see they are doing so well! The tacos are outstanding. Would love to try some enchiladas next time! I had the 2 different pork tacos and the chipotle chicken taco and they were all awesome! We also ordered Guacamole which was good, but I've had better. It had a bit too much lime in it. It also seemed like they were using tortilla chips from a bag, would be better if they made their own. The service was a bit slow, the girl doing the toppings seemed new or unsure of what she was doing. I can't wait to go back and try more!

Reviewed April 7, 2017

I used to get here quite frequently for lunch--most Fridays--but changes in my schedule have made these trips far less frequent. Every time I am there now, the place is bigger than the last. They seem to be doing well. On my visits, I generally order roughly the same thing--three of the vegetarian tacos; I generally get one potato poblano, one black bean, and one vegetable (it is mostly squash, onion, and red bell pepper) and cheese. They are all very good, starting with the corn tortillas themselves. Salsas could use some improvement (and more heat), but they are OK. On occasion, I get the guacamole, and it is outstanding. I only wish they had more vegetarian options.