“A casual place worth your time! ”
Review of TMAZ Taqueria

TMAZ Taqueria
Ranked #141 of 645 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

I have been here twice & both times I received very polite & helpful service.

I had enchiladas the first time with hibiscus juice; both of those were good.

Today I had two shredded beef tacos, one black bean taco, a side of pinto beans, & horchata; everything about my meal was fantastic! The pinto beans have cheese & cilantro on top, a lovely kick of spice within, & eat more like a thick stew. There was hot dog cut up in it, & it was honestly fantastic.

Both salsas are great; I’m not sure which I like better.

It’s a very casual place with a few different hodgepodge rooms of seating, & today there’s great music playing.

I recommend stopping in for tacos & beans sometime, & I look forward to trying breakfast soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2017 via mobile

We recently moved up from the border and have been trying a ton of Mexican places around the area. We found this one just via the Maps on the iPhone. We also saw it on Groupon.

The place is pretty authentic. The tacos were good. The salsa was good. The employees were great. They were honest as well (as I left my credit card on accident in the machine and they brought it out to the table... Then we saw them do the same thing when another guy left his in the credit card reader).

The prices are a little higher than other taquerias (e.g. $3 for a taco, $2.50 if you buy 2 or more). But the Groupon helps.

We will go back when in the area.

Reviewed July 14, 2017

Small, populated by regulars, with excellent, low-priced food. Quite a variety as well and very filling. Pleasant staff. We went for two lunches in a row and would return again when we are in town.

Reviewed May 18, 2017

Three adults ate dinner here in May 2017. Good food. A bit expensive for the quantity received. Would go back again.

Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

This place isn't pretty to look at but they have great food! I hadn't been here in a couple years and they've expanded a ton since I was last in. Now having a ton of available seating, glad to see they are doing so well! The tacos are outstanding. Would love to try some enchiladas next time! I had the 2 different pork tacos and the chipotle chicken taco and they were all awesome! We also ordered Guacamole which was good, but I've had better. It had a bit too much lime in it. It also seemed like they were using tortilla chips from a bag, would be better if they made their own. The service was a bit slow, the girl doing the toppings seemed new or unsure of what she was doing. I can't wait to go back and try more!