“Ann Arbor trip. ”

Zingerman's Delicatessen
Ranked #9 of 660 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Deli
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Opened in March of 1982 by Paul Saginaw and Ari Weinzweig in an historic building near the Ann Arbor Farmers' Market. Serving up thousands of made-to-order sandwiches with ingredients like premium Black Angus corned beef and pastrami, free-range chicken and turkey, housemade chopped liver and chicken salad. The Deli also stocks an exceptional array of farmhouse cheeses, estate-bottled olive oils, varietal vinegars, smoked fish, salami, coffee, tea and much, much more. Today, Zingerman's Delicatessen is an Ann Arbor institution, the source of great food and great experiences for thousands of visitors every year.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The shear volume of food was worth The money. The quality of the food was exceptional this was a great place to stop and have lunch. My wife and I wish we had more time in Ann Arbor because we would’ve went back. Only drawback was that was way too many good sandwiches to choose from. Enjoy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,818)

Pricey and slow
Content is good
Pretentious

It is a site to visit and less like a deli. It is an activity and I have been there less than I can get a great sandwich.

1  Thank raminr2017
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had heard of this game place and how it is mobbed on football Saturdays. Happened to be in the area on a Monday afternoon and decided to give it a try. The sandwiches were good but for $14-$17 they need to be the greatest. It was worth checking off my list but next time I’m in the area I’ll try other local cuisine.

1  Thank Dale L
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had never been to Ann Arbor before, but was told great things about Zingerman's from many of my Michigan friends, and boy did it live up to the hype. The people are so nice - as we're waiting outside in a line, an employee brought some hot chocolate, and coffee and roasted peanuts for us to sample. Super nice first impression. Then you get in the store and you bass all of these fresh breads, and there's samples of those too. And everything I tasted was delicious.

I ordered a pastrami sandwich and a knish. The pastrami was alright, the rye bread had great tooth to it, and the knish was one of the best I've ever had. Seriously, I got back to California today and checked to see if they'd ship these. Can't recommend the baked potato knish enough. Great experience overall. Hope to be back again.

1  Thank mous
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not only did I pick up lunch but a dozen things for my college kid to have in his dorm room. They have great service and wide selection of food to eat there or to take. Get on the mailing list too for even more options.