“BEST BI BIM BOP IN TOWN”
Review of Bell's Diner

Bell's Diner
Ranked #67 of 625 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed June 8, 2018

I love this place. Good American breakfasts. Great lunches and the best Bi Bim Bob in town. Parking right out the door and a clean diner with decent restrooms-- usual for this genre of restaurant.

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

We had great hopes for Bell's but were disappointed. My marinated rice bowl contained a big serving of beef; tender but fatty, sauerkraut (kimchi?), matchsticks of cucumber and boiled spinach. It was topped with a fried egg. The cold veggies really took the heat away from the rice and beef.

Reviewed April 24, 2018

You'd never know it based on the name, but Bell's Diner is much more than an American Diner. While most of the menu is typical hearty (and tasty) American diner food, like burgers, sandwiches, all day breakfasts and such, the surprise to the initiated is what makes Bell's awesome.

They have a page on the menu dedicated to Korean Food. Yep. Korean. The staff of the place proves that as soon as you walk in. Most of the wait staff and the people running the kitchen and the cash register are Korean. It's like a Korean family bought the american diner, kept the diner menu, and also inserted a whole bunch of tasty Korean dishes on the menu.

This trip my wife got the Chicken Fried Rice and I got a big bowl of Ramen noodles with spicy chicken. My wife enjoyed her lunch, served quite quickly and in generous proportions. My huge bowl of Ramen was great, although it was a bit frustrating that they serve it so close to boiling hot that I have to wait and salivate for 10 minutes before it cooled down enough that I could eat it. Lots of long ramen noodles, fresh vegetables, and tender chicken all in a big bowl of spicy broth. I hate leaving food at the table, but I couldn't finish it all.

We had a late lunch and the place was pretty much full the whole time. About half the patrons were eating the American food while the other half had Korean. We'll be back again, although I am pretty sure I'll try the Udon next visit. I guess it also depends on what the daily $9.99 special is too.

1  Thank Rick M
Reviewed April 7, 2018

I cannot express how much I enjoyed my meal at Bell's Diner.

The Bibimbap was superb. The Kimchee was delicious.

Speedy service and a very reasonable bill--not much more one could ask for.

Reviewed March 6, 2018

If you want a friendly, good basic American food for breakfast (I've only ever had breakfast there) then Bell's is a place you must go to. And if you want Korean, well, the world is your oyster.

Good old-fashioned booths and tables, well-lit, excellent food, and reasonable prices, the only reason Bell's can't take you back to the good old days is because you've not been there before.

1  Thank ProPhotowriter