I was visiting Ann Arbor for a law-school reception, and needed a place to sleep for one night. I found the Burnt Toast Inn online, and found its location to be convenient and prices reasonable.
I was extremely satisfied with the quality of the inn and the service I received:
- The owner was flexible with the time I could check in.
- Even though I checked in at approximately 10 pm, she offered me tea and wanted me to feel comfortable. I did not feel she was rushed or disturbed by my late check-in.
- The bedroom was beautiful and elegant: it was ornamented and personalized, and you could feel as though it's your own room. At the same time, there were professional printouts with inn letterheads, indicating the services available; and towels and showering items neatly laid out. (That is what I mean by comfort and profession getting along well.)
- Breakfast the next day was superb! It was more like a big, big brunch! Fried eggs, different toast breads, potatoes, pancakes, peanut butter, jam, syrup--the whole works! I was STUFFED!
- The owner has two adorable and huge dogs! I had fun playing with them in the morning while I waited for the cab.
I was completely satisfied with the service. I highly recommend it for anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Ann Arbor's historic Old West Side, just three short blocks west of Main Street, The Burnt Toast Inn is walking distance to everything -- downtown shopping and dining, University of Michigan central campus and athletic events. Relaxed atmosphere; beautiful, comfortable amenities such as down and 100% cotton linens; natural/organic breakfast. Free wireless internet. Friendly dogs. Whole house rental available. The Burnt Toast Inn houses an antique / art gallery, featuring primarily Japanese art. ... more less