“Comfort and Profession Get Along Here So, So Well!”
Review of Burnt Toast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ann Arbor
Burnt Toast Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Ann Arbor B&B and Inns
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
“Comfort and Profession Get Along Here So, So Well!”
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I was visiting Ann Arbor for a law-school reception, and needed a place to sleep for one night. I found the Burnt Toast Inn online, and found its location to be convenient and prices reasonable.

I was extremely satisfied with the quality of the inn and the service I received:

- The owner was flexible with the time I could check in.
- Even though I checked in at approximately 10 pm, she offered me tea and wanted me to feel comfortable. I did not feel she was rushed or disturbed by my late check-in.
- The bedroom was beautiful and elegant: it was ornamented and personalized, and you could feel as though it's your own room. At the same time, there were professional printouts with inn letterheads, indicating the services available; and towels and showering items neatly laid out. (That is what I mean by comfort and profession getting along well.)
- Breakfast the next day was superb! It was more like a big, big brunch! Fried eggs, different toast breads, potatoes, pancakes, peanut butter, jam, syrup--the whole works! I was STUFFED!
- The owner has two adorable and huge dogs! I had fun playing with them in the morning while I waited for the cab.

I was completely satisfied with the service. I highly recommend it for anyone.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank mohammad1985

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
NYC
Reviewed 20 October 2010

The owner creates a friendly environment, and guests intermingle at breakfast to share life's experiences. It is like being a guest in somebody's home.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Toronto, ON
Reviewed 10 October 2010

my son and I shared the "attic" at Burnt Toast Inn for a University of Michigan football weekend. it was really comfortable upstairs for us - we had the whole attic to ourselves, including a twin bed for my son and a queen bed for myself. great private bath with big shower (we are full sized guys) and plenty of elbow room. modern, clean, and very appealing. Sarah did a great job with a superior breakfast for us and her location on William Street in the restored west end of downtown Ann Arbor puts you walking distance to everything. overall a great choice for a memorable stay in AA.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank americanjim
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Our stay was brief, just one night, but it was memorable. A beautifully restored home on West Williams a couple of blocks from Main Street. Close enough to walk to lots of great restaurants in town but far enough away to have a great neighborhood feel. Our host was an extremely kind person who made us feel at home. We stayed in the attic - very cozy, luxurious bathroom, comfortable bed. Cool art throughout the house. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
louisiana
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I had my wedding reception at The Burnt Toast Inn on Washington. The backyard was intimate and immaculately landscaped and just the right setting for my small(ish) party of 80.
Sarah, though a little flighty, managed to get everything organized and/or available on time and precisely, was very accommodating of our requests, and was overall a joy to work with. I feel like we made a lifelong family friend in the process!
We had our official religious ceremony out of state in my husband's hometown, and then came to Ann Arbor to have our party and another unofficial prayer in the gazebo during our gathering. It was both festive and sacred and afterwards we had our band play and people danced in the back yard.
Unlike most wedding venues we were not limited to what kind of vendors, or how many different caterers we could use. Since my husband and I have very eclectic tastes we wanted to have all our different favorite Ann Arbor foods at our celebration. We had several small cakes around the party from two different bakeries and food from Le Dog, Shalimar, Seoul Garden and Chop House. It was a lot of work, but very worth it.
The cost was very affordable compared with other locations we'd researched, and the rooms were clean and very nicely appointed. For dog lovers Buddy and Bo are the sweetest, friendliest dogs who melt everyone's hearts.
The Burnt Toast Inn isn't just a venue or a B&B, it's an experience I recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank KajunKitty
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We stayed at the Burnt Toast Inn of Ann Arbor earlier this month and had a fantastic time. The house is gorgeous, and Sarah has gone out of her way to make her guests comfortable. We loved everything from the robe & slippers in the closet, chocolate on the pillow, and a delicious breakfast in the morning. I hope we are able to stay again soon!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank laurashalda
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 2 July 2010

My wife and I had a wonderful overnight stay in the Washington House of the Burnt Toast Inn. We booked at the last minute and Sarah very easily accomodated us. We had the entire house to ourselves and were welcomed by a spacious, well-appointed bedroom and a large bathroom stocked with shampoo, conditioner, lotions, oils and bath salts. We really enjoyed the front stoop where we unwound with a bottle of wine at the end of the evening.

Breakfast in the morning was delicious, with everything from granola and yogurt to eggs and bacon. Conversation with Sarah and the other guests was light and the atmosphere was extremely relaxed.

I would absolutely stay at the Burnt Toast Inn again and I am recommending it to my entire family who passes through Ann Arbor annually on our way up North.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple