“BEST KEPT SECRET AND HIDDEN GEMS of Ann Arbor!!”

Silvio's Organic Ristorante e Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Silvio's Organic Ristorante e Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #156 of 660 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: State and North University
Description: Silvio's Organic Ristorante e Pizzeria is the destination for healthy, authentic Italian cuisine in Ann Arbor. We are proud of our quality and to be able to serve some of the finest Italian Pastas, Salads, Pizza, and Desserts in the Ann Arbor community. We provide Gluten free, Whole wheat, and Vegan options, as well as prioritize Organic and Locally Sourced ingredients. All of our Pastas and Pizzas are homemade and hand-tossed and made to order using ingredients sourced from Silvio's garden or local farms whenever possible. Our goal is to make both our team and our guests feel like friends and family.
Reviewed August 16, 2018

Absolutely one of the BEST restaurants I have ever eaten at!!! The food is EXCELLENT!!
The MASTER chef is five star. Really deserves a better location and ambiance.
Lunch specials are unbelievably priced. Dinner is a little pricey, but the pasta is OUT OF THIS WORLD! (Mushroom Ravioli and Gnocchi were amazing!!). That being said I have NEVER tried their pizza. I will try at lunch and see if its good.

Buy the $5.00 Ball of organic dough and take home to make your own pizza, calzone, breadsticks, bread, etc....

Reviewed August 6, 2018

They serve gluten free pizza! It takes a while so you might want to call ahead, but it's hand made and well worth the wait!

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

As far as I know, one of the most important components of an authentic Italian pizza is its thin crust. In this requirement, Silvio’s doesn’t disappoint. Every time we go there, the pizza is great. Love the toppings and how the pizza is baked.
As some other reviews have mentioned, the service is not quite the best. It’s slow!
I still come back, tough.

1  Thank Patricia R
Reviewed May 25, 2018

We really wanted to love the food at this place. We chose it because it has a reputation for being vegan-friendly, and several Tripadvisor reviews raved about the food.

Despite coming on a Friday evening, my companion and I were this restaurant's only diners. Once our food arrived, we understood why. The food was insipid. It was one of the most tasteless and unpalatable meals I've eaten out that couldn't be blamed on the food itself being rotten.

We ordered a pizza with lots of toppings and a salad. (We chose the salad that the waiter recommended as being "REALLY good.") We've had amazing vegan pizza elsewhere, but this pizza was not even decent. It was some of the worst pizza I've ever had. (Seriously. Only once in my life I have tasted pizza that was worse than this, and that one had Swiss cheese and canned corn on top). Unfortunately, this one was also one of the most expensive pizzas I've ever had.

To appreciate the taste: envision cardboard that's crispy and burnt on the bottom, and moist and textured on top. Layer on top of that cardboard nothingness the slightly bitter taste of burned crust, and you've got Silvio's pizza. The sauce and toppings, however colorful, had somehow been sucked of any flavor. We made it edible by ordering a dish of vegan pesto and slathering it on top. The pesto itself wasn't great, but at least it helped to get the pizza past our mouths.

The same, unfortunately, went for the salad. It was uninspired and tasteless. Despite being loaded with toppings, the only thing in the salad that had any flavor whatsoever were the Kalamata olives. We were surprised the establishment had bothered to take credit in the menu for making their own salad dressing in-house, because you couldn't taste a thing. Pesto and salt, too, helped us get the salad down.

The Montepulciano wine, however, was decent.

1  Thank L J
Reviewed April 29, 2018

The pizza at Silvio's uses fresh ingredients. Their gluten-free crust is among the best I've eaten (and I've tried many).