“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Lexington, KY
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

This was one of the least expensive hotels I found in the area and was very surprised at how nice it was for that price. Nice furniture, flat screen tv, good sized fridge.

Probably the worst blankets I've seen on a bed at a hotel, I'm pretty sure they were just large curtains. The rooms are a little cramped if you get the double queen beds.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
St Paul, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

Stayed at this place in 10/10 for a college visit in part b/c of the free wireless (to keep up with work). The room's access didn't work and I needed to work with front desk staff and eventually move to another room. The gal was pretty rude and off-putting, then strangely became friendly. Whatever - the new room worked out and Red Roof offered basic amenities at a good price, which is what we wanted.

Room Tip: Be clear about your specific needs.
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Howell, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2011

When I think of Red Roof Inn's I think about how stinky and small and old looking they are. When I came into this hotel the front desk agent was very nice, checkin was quick. Our room had an updated T.V and the bed was comfy. The toilet (this might seem weird...) was way to high from the ground Im short 5'3'' and could barley touch the ground with my toes. It was very close to where we were going out to which made it very convenient. For the rate that we got (56.00) with taxes I cannot complain. The only thing I recommend is they have people with trailors attached park somewhere else instead of the first 7 spaces right by the door, so getting back late and having to walk all the way across the parking lot because some retarded decided to be rude, really hit my nerves and I wish the agents would have said something to them. Other then that, great stay, great price and not a bad free breakfast. Cereal, Bagles, Toast, Muffins, Pastries, and assorted Juices.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Davis, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

The price is good and the room is nice enough but it stank like a toilet. I'm not sure if it was just my room that stank but didn't like it at all. The Redroof at North Campus was more basic but didn't stink.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2010

I recently reviewed another hotel in the same area and was so very pleased with it, however, due to the amount of people in town that week for U Michigan move in as well as, the first game of the season, and after a confusing schedule change, I had to change my reseration and by the time I knew our exact itinerary, it was too late to arrange a room there. I did a search in the area and found this Red Roof Inn and was just happy to get a reservation for that week at ANY place near the University. I set out on this journey with a little trepidation as to where we were going to have to stay.....
Well, as soon as we arrived after a 23 hour drive, we were very pleasantly greeted by the gal at the front desk and were even more pleasantly surprised upon entering the room. The updated furnishings (right down to a vessel sink in the vanity area) were definitely not expected. The room was spotless and even had a fresh scent. After recent news stories, I followed suggestion to check for bed bugs and was happy to see that even upon lifting up the mattress, everything was clean with no "telltale signs" of the little critters.
We immediately wanted to shower--that was a little bit of a let down but certainly not a deal breaker....the shower itself is a little small and the water pressure could have been stronger but again, not terrible.
Since my daughter still had not checked into her dorm, she wanted to shower as well and I immediately found a housekeeping rep who very happily went and got me extra towels and such...of course, always remember to tip them for they are the ones that can really make or break your trip and they sure work hard. Other housekeeping staff members were also very helpful with directions and tips regarding the city and surrounding area.
The continental breakfast was more than sufficient with plenty of morning treats to delight any weary traveler...definitely nice to not have to run out first thing and spend the money for a so so breakfast on the run...coffee was hot...juice was cold and the muffins and pastries were fresh.
They have wi-fi which was definitely necessary...when they were totally full over the weekend, espcecially, it seemed to run a little slower than we would have liked but come to think of it, that happens at home as well and I pay a fortune for that.
Nice little surprise one evening was a mother bunny and about 5 of her babies had made a little 'home' for themselves in a little garden area outside our door and I was fascinated with them....I cannot guarantee that you will have the same luck with that though :)
All in all it was a great stay with a huge cost difference from where we had initially intended to stay and after we left we decided that it probably makes sense for us to make this our "go to" place when we go visit our daughter at U Michigan especially since we really just need function and cleanliness on such visits....save the higher price stays for leisure trips I suppose.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Lingorose
Vienna, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

Got a rate of $65/night, which is outstanding. This is definitely a motel (not a hotel) with outside entrances. I was traveling alone, so I was a bit worried about security, but there were 3 locks on the door so I felt safe. Room was clean and they have updated the TV and furniture. Linens were fairly worn and thin, but everything was clean and the a/c worked great. If you need a bed and a shower, and don't plan to spend much time in the room, this is your place. Free wi-fi is a plus, and continental breakfast is complimentary. Muffins, bagels, cereal, fruit, coffee and juice. Close to the highway and not far from the University of Michigan. Across the street from a major mall. I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank rockymtnlobo
rural Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

I'm done staying at this hotel - once again there were loud people all over the hotel at all hours of the night. It's hard to sleep with yelling, laughing, etc. going on right outside your door. The last straw was in the morning - I went out to load up my car and found a broken beer bottle behind my car - had to pick up all the pieces of broken glass - didn't want to run over all that and risk a flat tire. Spoke to the desk clerk when I checked out and told him about the noise and broken glass - all I got was "Sorry for your inconvenience".

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends