“Clean and comfortable”

Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed here over Easter weekend to visit the University with my twins. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel was quiet, but I'm sure it can be a different atmosphere when it's a college football weekend. The breakfast was standard hotel food with juice, cereal, eggs, and fruit. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tjf511
aarsales, Director of Sales at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to right such a nice review. We hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend and yes you are correct Easter weekend is a much slower weekend compared to a football weekend. We hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

This hotel was perfect for us. We were visiting schools in the Ann Arbor area and it was convenient and easy to find. The room was spacious and clean, the bed was comfortable, and the breakfast was perfect for a quick, delicious bite. Everyone was extremely friendly. I would return to this hotel and would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: March 2012
aarsales, Director of Sales at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We hope you enjoyed your time in the Ann Arbor Area and visiting schools in the area. We are always happy to hear when guests have excellent service and hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We always stay at this hotel for my many hospital and Dr. appt. trips. They have helped my husband when we had a small crisis, and he was very grateful. The rooms are clean and suit our needs well. The staff are always friendly and helpful. Easy walk to the Bob Evans next door, too.

Room Tip: We did not like the handicap room. The tub did not work out well for us, as it was too high and dang...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stays with us. We are always happy to hear our staff is friendly and helpful. We will see you soon!

Reviewed 21 March 2012

This hotel isn't fancy, but it's nice, well-kept, and clean. We really enjoyed the game room which included billiars and shuffle board -- a very nice perk! The free breakfast was also nice. We would stay here again on our next visit to Ann Arbor.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kasa05
aarsales, Director of Sales at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We look forward to having you stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I booked our one-night stay at the Regent after reading the reviews on this site and was definately not disappointed. When booking, I did call the hotel directly and mentioned we were visitng U of M (as suggested) but didn't get a lower rate than posted on their website. I did however, get a lower rate at hotels.com.

The two queen room was clean and well-appointed. The room had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. There was a nice selection of toiletries provided. The room and the hotel was fresh and clean. The pool/hot tub area, which disappointingly closed at 10pm, was quite lovely with windows showing a gazebo and garden.

After staying at hotels with breakfast provided, I don't expect much. There was a warming tray with scrambled eggs, sausage and cubed potatoes and then the basics - toast, muffins, cereal, fruit, coffee, juice. Had I been staying longer, I think this would've gotten old fast. The staff member servicing this area was curteous and kept the area well stocked and clean.

We awoke to a light dusting of snow and as we were packing up our vehicle, the hotel staff came to assist cleaning off our car (as mentioned in another review). Where else do they do that?!?

So, my only areas that could use room for improvement would be to offer some nicer choices for breakfast. This would put the cherry on top of what is already a lovely hotel. And, allow access to the pool area until 11pm. The service from the front desk staff and breakfast area was top notch and attentive.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
aarsales, Director of Sales at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of the hotel and your stay! We hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

I'm not sure how this hotel comes up first in tripadvisor, so watch out. Things like this make me wonder how many friends and relatives write reviews. It is definitely not the most popular hotel in Ann Arbor. There were very few cars in the parking lot and hardly any one at breakfast, while other hotels seemed to have far more cars in the driveway.

We came to this hotel because my daughter was having surgery at U of M and we wanted to be nearby. We booked a suite, because we were going to be staying there before and after she got out of surgery. The first surprise was that the pull-out sofa was a single bed. I actually have never booked a suite before with a single bed sofa. And this place was priced higher than other suites in the area. The heat in the room was either blasting, hot, and dry or cold [space heater]. The breakfast was pretty awful. None of the pastries looked enticing; there were no make-your-own waffles, and the fruit was take an orange or apple type thing.

The worst part was that my daughter was let out of the hospital too soon and had some bad symptoms which required us to stay an extra night. I explained all this to the front desk. I had originally booked this through an online site at a pretty high rate for Ann Arbor. To my surprise, they actually charged us more for the extra night, even though they knew that our daughter was throwing up and unable to move out of the room. Virtually no compassion or extra care.

We were looking for something a little special during a difficult time and were very disappointed.

1  Thank miagina
aarsales, Director of Sales at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear your stay with us felt "Over-Hyped" and more important we sorry to hear the difficult time and reason that brought you to the area. We hope your daughter's surgery was a success and that she is recovering well.

We take all of our reviews serious as a tool to learn what our guest like, dislike and ways to improve. I can assure you none of our reviews come from friends or relatives. Yes, you are correct our parking lot and breakfast might have been slow if you stayed with us during January or February as not a lot of people visit Ann Arbor in the winter months. We are sorry to hear breakfast did not meet your expectations as our bagels are delivered daily from Berry's Bagels in Ann Arbor. We will looking into make your own waffles again as this was something we change in order to bring in Eggs, Sausages and Potatoes.

We are sorry to hear your disappointment with your recent stay with us but thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we hope your daughter is doing much better.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I called the hotel directly to make the reservation. The representative asked why I was coming to Ann Arbor. I told her my son was looking at the U of M and she said I qualified for the university discount and gave me a rate below the one listed on their website. The hotel was very clean and the room was also spotless. The hot buffet breakfast was good. I cannot rave about the staff enough--each and every one of the front desk staff went out of their way to assist us. My only criticisms: when I made the reservation, I asked what the total would be, including taxes and fees. The figure I was quoted was $30 less than my total bill, which consisted of only the room rate, taxes, and fees and no additional charges. Secondly, the hotel recommended a taxi service into downtown Ann Arbor. The fare, including tip, was $20 one way. For a 2.5 mile trip. This put quite a dent in my budget. (I did not bother to call other taxi services to compare rates). However, having said that, I would most definitely stay here again and feel confident recommending this hotel. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda W

We are always happy to hear our guests rave about our staff! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We hope you and your son enjoyed U of M and all that Ann Arbor has to offer. Please feel free to call or email us directly to explain the taxi service so we can look into the price charged. We hope you stay with us again soon!