Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Went down for the Nascar race in Brooklyn MI and stayed here. This is the second time we have stayed here the first time we stayed in a Best Western and we ended up leaving that hotel and came to the Holiday Inn. I stay there because it's a good clean place and the hotel staff is kind and treats guests the way they should be treated.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 February 2011

As a Platinum Rewards member, I received an upgrade from a junior suite to a full suite, but only after I asked twice. I also asked to extend my checkout until 3PM but was only given until 2PM - any later would be a half day charge. Not a big deal, but 3Pm would have been nice since the UMich basketball game didnt start until 4PM. Basic room rates are a little higher than the norm. I found the room and public areas to be clean and the bed (very important to me) very comfortable. I think they (HI Express in general) should stick to the basics - coffee, juice, pastries, donuts, cereals, etc. at breakfast because, without a real kitchen, the hot items like eggs, bacon, sausage are too difficult to do right. Pool and jacuzzi were clean and full size.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I picked this hotel because it was free of bed bugs. I was on my way up to Toronto and they have major problems with them. You can check the bed bug registry to find out if your hotel is free of them.

The hotel was spotless! The beds were extremely comfortable, spacious room, excellent television movie stations and free internet. I was a female traveling alone and felt completely safe. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank cf2jp44
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I was hesitant about staying at a Holiday Inn because I'm particular about where I sleep, but we had friends staying here so decided to give it a try, and I'm so pleased that we did. The hotel was extremely clean, close to campus (exactly 2 miles jogging) and had a very nice breakfast area with coffee around the clock. Because we have young children, we had to spend quite a bit of time at the hotel and we were all very comfortable both in the room, and in the lobby area. There is a small mall across the parking lot that I took the kids to in the evening just to stretch our legs, and the hotel had a movie room going all the time with complimentary popcorn. All in all, it was a great stay! My only complaint is that the all day coffee was terrible - but the mall has a Starbuck's so who cares?

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank EmeraldMoon
Reviewed 11 October 2010

We stayed here for a Michigan football game for three nights checking in on the Thursday before the game. The hotel had many rooms available for the Thursday night. We were put in a room designed for disabled people. I felt the room should be available for a disabled person and frankly we were expecting a better room. I requested a different room and the front desk person said. We are completely booked but I'll get you another room which won't be as big. I said OK. We were then given the only room that looks out onto a pitched roof, not allowing much light to enter the room. The hotel was not full, we had booked our reservation 3 months in advance, we are priority members. I felt we were treated as second class citizens. I hope I never stay there again. On a positive note, the maid service was very good, very nice help.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
rewoodward, Hotel Management at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. I’m sorry to hear you were disappointed with the room you were given. Rooms for the Michigan/Michigan State football game book a year in advance and we were absolutely sold out the weekend of your stay, making it difficult to accommodate last minute changes. You were initially given the wheelchair accessible room you requested when you made your reservation, then moved to one of our standard double rooms because this was the only room type available at the same rate. Our standard rooms are smaller because they do not include the additional space for maneuvering a wheelchair and we have never received complaints about the amount of light in these rooms before. If you do choose to stay with us again, please let us know your preferences and we will happily do everything we can to accommodate them.

Reviewed 26 August 2010

The room was fine. The pool was smallish w/ cloudy water. Surprisingly good room service & fitness center access are provided to Holiday Inn Express guests by Kensington Court hotel (which is just next door). Breakfast was fine.

Left my phone charger in the room when I checked out. Called the front desk to report it minutes later, and instead of actually having someone check the room, they informed me that if the housekeeper found it while cleaning the room, it would be put in the lost & found. When I went by later in the day, they informed me it hadn't been found.

I paid a discounted rate of $114 and felt that was about $25-30 too much. If you're looking in the $120-130 range, I recommend Kensington Court. The food from the restaurant was really unexpectedly good and the facilities much nicer.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank 800lbtuna
Reviewed 20 August 2010

No upgrade for Platinum, and the room...well, there was mold in the bathroom ceiling. Black mold...yeah, that. There are several places nearby that are much better. Seek them!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business