See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Old and dirty! Please don't waste your money......wouldn't give me a receipt because I paid on priceline.....hotel really needs a update. The price I paid I stayed in better hotels. Water in shower was not hot. I would NEVER stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharesa B
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2018

Sharesa, it was disappointing to read your comments concerning your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies, as we never mean to disappoint our guests in any way, and we definitely failed in this attempt. We can assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable by our standards, and we will be reviewing and altering our guidelines to provide a more wonderful experience for every guest entering our doors. I encourage you to try us again in the near future and I am confident you will enjoy a better stay.

Reviewed February 12, 2018

Very clean hotel. Good hotel. Everything was working very fine in the hotel. I love the hotel. I go there all the time. It’s like your own little house with everything in one room. I would recommended the hotel.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2018

Thanks for being a loyal guest of Extended Stay America. We are thrilled to know your stay with us was comfortable and that you were satisfied with all that we have to offer. It was a pleasure serving you, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here 12/29/17 - 12/31/17.
I have stayed at many of these ESAs since 2016, as I travel the state for work. Anyhow, this one is raggedy, outdated and unclean. I stayed in room 220. Check in was easy, but upon entering my room, I was very disappointed. The bedding was left over from the previous guests, as there was a lot of hair on the sheets, and they looked worn. Same with pillow cases. So I stripped the bed, took them down and got new clean ones. There was smears all over the headboard (which is an outdated plain wooden headboard). The phone, nightstand, lamps and tables were nasty. There were stains in the carpet. The restroom floor had debris swept into the corner behind the door and other debris in the floor, along the door side wall. Just everything seemed outdated our makeshift compared to the other ESAs I'd stayed in. Crookedly mounted mirror, rickety and dirty, scuffed furniture. Kitchen sink faucet has issues and the sink's drain opening had a dirty ring. Being a cleaner, I luckily have cleaning equipment and supplies with me always. Therefore, I vacuumed my room and did a cursory clean so I could be comfortable. To top it all off the first night, the FIRE ALARM WENT OFF AT 4:15AM FOR 10-15 MINUTES. NO EXPLANATION, NO APOLOGY. The fire department came, it was shut off, but sounds AGAIN an hour later for 3 seconds. There was overflowing trash and stench in the stairwells. Guests arguing loudly across the halls... etc. I don't know if the ESAs are corporate and privately owned, but this one felt like a motel 6, very different from other ones. Can't recommend, won't be back.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2018

Kimberly, thank you for choosing our brand once again. We are disheartened to read about the problems you encountered, and we hope you will accept our sincerest apology for what transpired. We also regret the major inconvenience you had when the fire alarms went off. Your comments have been shared with the entire team in an effort to ensure a better experience going forward. We hope to have the opportunity to redeem ourselves on a future date.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

I stayed two times on extended stays and the first time I was not very satisfied, but the second time was totally different.The staff went out of the way to accommodate my wishes and was very satisfied with everything except for the breakfast, I still say that one does not have a breakfast without juice or fruit.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Mark M
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Mark, thank you for your review. It's nice to know you enjoyed your overall stay with us and liked our attentive front desk service. However, we are sorry the breakfast offerings were not to your liking. We will make note of your feedback as we plan any changes to our breakfast offerings. We're pleased you chose our hotel for your visit to our area, and we hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

I recently stayed overnight with my family and young daughter, and did not feel comfortable the entire stay.

#1 - The room I stayed in smelled of smoke, regardless of the fact the front desk staff ensure to inform you its a smoke free hotel and ensure they mention that you will be penalized $250 if we find evidence you smoked in your room.

#2 - There are countless people drinking and smoking right out from the lobby door all hours of the night - I've seen quieter parties at a football tailgate prior to a game.

#3 - The fire alarm went off twice in the middle of the night, and it seemed like a regular occurrence. I had to call the front desk after the first time to ensure we did not have to evacuate. No apologies for the false alarm, no explanation. A few hours later the same thing occurred, again no information provided regarding if it was a required evacuation or not. VERY UNSAFE WITH CHILDREN.

In addition to those items, the room was average cleanliness, no real concerns there. The shower however basically had 2 settings, SCALDING or FREEZING. We spent several minutes trying to set the shower temperature, but it was clearly not working.

If you are in need of a discount hotel for a night stay, you can make it work, but I suggest if you are traveling with children or seek a bit more comfort in your stay to avoid this place at all costs.

Room tip: Really no difference, the entire hotel is outdated
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Chad we are disheartened to read your review. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. I will personally address these issues with the appropriate teams to ensure happy guests is our number one priority. I truly regret the inconvenience caused and please consider us again so that we can restore your faith in our hotel and provide you with the hospitality you should always expect from us.