“Amazing! Worth a detour from the interstate!”

The Interchange Wine And Coffee Bistro
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Accidentally found this gem during our x-country trip. Everything we had was awesome… Grilled Ruben on cranberry bread… Flatbreads… Iced mochas… Sparkling lemonade… DEFINITELY worth a detour from the interstate!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

If you come here, expect to wait and expect to be ignored. Even if there is one person in line or even no one at all, expect to wait. Don't expect to come here and quickly get your morning coffee before work. You will likely be waiting about 20 minutes while staff talk back and forth with one another. The food is okay, some of it better than average, but the service is poor. I've ordered just a regular drip coffee and watched staff joke around with one another while I waited for my coffee for over 10 mins and another person stood in line with no notice.
I like the idea of the place- trendy, cute, good coffee, good coffee, live music, comfy couches- if they trained staff better, they could be outstanding.
By the way, this is based on multiple visits over course of a year and not just one experience.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed August 8, 2017

The California Breeze, which they made into a panini at my request, was AMAZING! Ingredients were a refreshing combination and were top quality! The vibe is boho chic inside, chill music, everyone hanging out but not bothering! If you're looking for a place to just be with your sweetie, or alone, or with your group this is the place to do it! Open, airy, and the aesthetic was wonderful. Inside or outside, it was lovely!! My husband loved the 3 meat flatbread, which was light and fresh!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

My mom, toddler, and I stopped by for something to drink. The place has a great atmosphere with exposed brick, neat flooring, cool local artwork and more. The guys behind the counter were very friendly and offered my son a half glass of chocolate milk for half the price, since he didn't need such a big cup. I ordered a vanilla caramel latte and my mom ordered a honey cinnamon coffee and we both thought they were good. Nice place with plenty of seating!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed April 26, 2017

Formerly Prairie Wind Coffee, my partner and I stop in here for coffee whenever we come through Albert Lea on our way to visit my family.

The staff are friendly and knowledgable, the drinks are good (and they have dairy alternatives that aren't just soy!) and the other food available looks tasty. There's also free wifi, which was a nice bonus.

The space itself was a bit odd -- the back half of the building looks like it is or was a co-working community (shared office space) with cubicles, but was completely unused (at least it has been every time we've been there.)

I'd highly recommend the place for anyone looking for a decent cuppa on their way through town.

Date of visit: September 2016