“Smelly Pillows!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Alexandria
Grand Rapids, MN
“Smelly Pillows!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

Room must have had a party in it - chipped countertops, dirty carpeting. The worst was the smelly pillows! We wrapped bath towels around them but I do not even want to know who used those pillows because they really needed to wash their hair. How does the cleaning help over look this? - surely they can smell the pillows. We will never stay there again...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Bearcat64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2011

We stayed here last August and again this February for a brief trip to the area. The hotel is very clean, and our rooms were nice - clean with good comfortable beds. The breakfast was VERY good - waffles, scrambled eggs, sausages, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. and constantly replenished and tables cleaned as people left.

When we were there, the hotel was FULL of 9 and 10 year-old boys and their families (in town for basketball and hockey tournaments) so it was noisy in the pool area, but we couldn't hear anything in the halls or from room to room. We were in the pool Friday evening when it was FULL of kids, and Saturday morning, we stopped by the pool and it was spotless.

We'll definitely be staying here again in August.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2009

My family and I stayed at this hotel and even though it's an older hotel, it was very clean and the hotel staff were very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
countryale, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Alexandria, responded to this review, 8 March 2010
I would like to thank you for the great review. We are always happy to hear when a guest has enjoyed their stay with us! We look forward to your next stay with us!
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2002

I made reservations at the Country Inn and Suites in Alexandria. The rooms are not very sound proof and I was awake most of the night. The next day at check out time I explained to the front desk that I did not have a comfortable nights sleep. Of course there was no manager there and she said she would rely the problme to the manager. I never did hear anything from them, I even wrote them a letter and mailed it to them. They did not give me an adjustment on my bill, they did not apologize for the inconvenice, they did not even respond to my letter. To me that says they do not care. I would not stay there again nor will I recommend their hotel to anyone. I have stayed at other Country Inn and Suites and have been pleased. Thank You

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
My name is Katie Ward and I am the current General Manager at the Country Inn and Suites in Alexandria, MN. I am not sure who the manager was at the time of your stay but I would like to apologize for they why they behaved. I hope you could be able to give us another chance to let us show you the true Country Inn and Suites Hospitality.

Travellers are raving about these Alexandria hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandria
2.6 km away
21.4 km away
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Glenwood
36.7 km away
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sauk Centre

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Alexandria? Share your experiences!