“Good Food and Service”

Applebee's
Ranked #45 of 77 Restaurants in Apple Valley
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

We came here for dinner with a party of eight family members. We were given a table right away, and our server was very friendly and prompt. The food came around in a very timely manner, and everyone enjoyed it. We had no complaints about either the food or the service. The restaurant in general was clean enough for my expectations.

Reviewed June 24, 2017

We have dined here twice now after checking into our hotel. The menu is varied, food excellent and staff is friendly.

Reviewed April 11, 2017

We usually go there for dinner on Monday's to take advantage of their Burger Special. Very good food and service.

Reviewed March 12, 2017

Writing a review is something I find extremely important as a consumer. I read countless of reviews to determine if I’m going to purchase a product or visit a place or restaurant. I think we owe it to each other to give an honest experience to help the other consumer make an educated determination if they will visit or buy a product. I avoid petty complaints like “the windows outside were dusty” or “the hostess didn’t smile at me.” While those things are important, I focus on quality of service and food. So let’s begin.

I was at Applebee’s in Apple Valley MN and my server Melissa A was a delight that evening but that is where it all went downhill. I ordered the Baby Back Ribs, and to say it was ‘Horrible’ is putting it lightly.

When ordering Baby Back Ribs, the first thing that comes to my mind is juicy and ‘Falling-Off-the-Bone’ tender with a delicious BBQ sauce. Well, they got the sauce correct but the ribs were by far the toughest I have ever had…hence the jerky reference.

My ribs were so tough that I didn’t even finish them. To add insult to injury, two ladies seated behind me also ordered the Baby Back ribs and experienced the same horror. After a couple of bites I could hear their complaints and engaged them in conversation. Attentive Melissa A, our server, was right there to put out the flames of disappointment as best she could and offered replacements or a do-over. One lady opted for a new dish and the other a do-over. I completely lost my appetite.

I paid my bill, wished the ladies well and gave Melissa a little more than 20% tip because she did her job well and tried her best to make up for the horrible meal the 3 of us experienced eating the Baby Back Ribs. Was it jerky or Baby Back ribs? It didn’t even taste good enough to be considered jerky but it darn sure was tough like it. FAILED!

Pros: Melissa A our server. The Manager on duty that took $10 off our meal ticket
Cons: Probably the worse Baby Back ribs I have ever tasted
Recommendation: I would hate to penalize an entire restaurant for one meal but in good conscience, I COULD NOT recommend this restaurant based on my meal experience. Hopefully, they fired the cook from his/her duties and hire someone else, but I won’t be visiting them again.

Reviewed November 22, 2016

I purchased carry out to take to my mother who is in a nursing home. The staff at this restaurant really understands how to do carryout. They made it very easy to order and pickup and the food was excellent