“Great location, nice for a small family”

GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Apple Valley
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Great location, nice for a small family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

My husband, 18 month old son, and I stayed at this hotel for two nights while we visited the Minneapolis-St Paul area. It's a pretty great location for those wishing to shop in Bloomington or Burnsville and it's just a couple of miles from the zoo, too.

I loved having a kitchen available so we could make food for our little one and rely a bit less on eating out. I'm not sure there are enough tools in the furnished kitchen to cook a decent meal, but you can fix snacks and save leftovers easily enough. The layout of the one-bedroom suite is really nice for a family of three, and the hot breakfast is a big plus.

I agree with other guests who complained about noise. The people immediately above and next to us could probably hear our son squealing and.or crying occasionally because I could definitely hear them chatting and watching TV and showering (especially when laying in bed). It wasn't often enough to be a deal-breaker for me staying there again, but if you're a light sleeper, it might cause problems.

My only other complaint is that this place doesn't have king beds. We often co-sleep in our family, especially when we are in an unfamiliar place, and a queen size bed just doesn't cut it!
But there are plenty of pillows and blankets if you want to use the foldout sofa, and the overall homey atmosphere of the place and the room makes it a place we will probably try to stay in again.

The pool is small, but it was often totally empty.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed on business and am pleased to share, I wish this hotel was located everywhere I went. Smallest room is a 1 bedroom suite! Nice, was able to shut bedroom door and didn't hear a thing all night long. I am a very light sleeper and this meant the world to me. Great staff upon check-in and check-out. Love that a restaurant (Panino's) located downstairs. Great breakfast in the morning. Room was impeccable! Clean and neat! I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: All rooms are located on 2nd floor and above! Nice security
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank HappyTrailsToAll
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

This hotel looks great on the outside & inside, but with the bar on the lower level, you hear everything! I was on the 3rd floor and the first night I was woken up at 3am to tires squealing, horns honking, & loud drunks partying. The breakfast is pretty good and the staff was nice. I had a similar experience our second night with hearing all the loud people at the bar. It seemed very disruptive to the guests and I wasn't happy with it. The location was nice though and they give you a nice coupon book with the MOA package.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Brooke C
Schererville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

We had a four night stay here and couldn't be happier. The room was spacious and very clean. Comfy bed and for once didnt have to ask for more pillows because enough were provided. Best breakfast I didn't have to pay for. The staff were all very friendly. Close to good restaurants and Super Target. Full size fridge was great!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank KMalin_11
Grand Rapids, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Our stay at the GrandStay was above and beyond what was expected. The staff are so friendly they make you feel like family. The rooms are clean; the pool is clean, with warm water, the breakfast is unbelievable. I love the full kitchen facilities. The facility was very quiet and the beds were very comfortable. I actually got a good nights sleep away from home.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank bevjmurray
Pipestone, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

My son and I stayed just recently at the Apple Valley Grandstay Hotel, and I just have to share our experience. From the moment we stepped into the hotel, everyone was very welcoming. After a very quick check-in(nice!) we went to our room and were quite pleasantly surprised at the room. It had everything we needed and more and was super clean, I checked. We were able to have dinner on real plates with real silverware which was very nice also. It is situated perfectly, with very little driving to MPLS, where my son had an appointment. I highly recommend to anyone who needs a hotel room in the area to stay at Apple Valley if you are looking for a stress free and comfortable experience. Sincerely, S. Versteeg and son.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Sheila V
Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

We just love this hotel!! For business, for a romantic get away, for a shopping trip to Mall of America, or coming and going to the MPLS airport, we always stay here because the rooms are so clean and spacious and the staff really cares. Victor at the front desk is just the best, the business center is so convenient, the whole breakfast area is so relaxing. It's homeaway from home for us.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
6.0 km away
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Burnsville
6.8 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eagan

Been to GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley? Share your experiences!