“Excellent Beds:” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Austin
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
“Excellent Beds:”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

Upon arrival, Britney the desk clerk, greeted us warmly. After a quick check in, she gave us a discount coupon for the resturant next door. We were in Room 121 and went in to unpack. The beds were EXCELLENT. There were five pillows on each bed (full size beds) and all were from very firm to soft. Loved the choices. Our room was clean and so was the bath. There were plenty of decent towels provided. Our carpet was clean and the room had no bad smells. For $64 the room was good. The hallway carpet had some spill stains but appeared to be vaccumed. The breakfast was standard fare but had fresh fruit, several kinds of oatmeal, coffee, tea, milk, and juice in addition to muffins, sweet rolls, bagels and donuts. The internet worked very well and location was good. There is no pool or fitness center so if that is a priority, don't stay here. It was quiet from about 9 pm until 7 am. We could hear an elephant clomping around upstairs in the room above us, but we were up anyway. There is a one cup coffee maker in each room and hairdryer.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AustinGM, General Manager at Days Inn Austin, responded to this review, 26 September 2011
Thank-you for taking the time to review our Days Inn location in Austin, Minnesota. Feedback such as your's helps us to identify our strengths and weaknesses. I'm very proud that you mentioned Brittney, one of our super stars on staff. Exceeding our guests expectations is not always an easy task, but Brittney does an excellent job.

Next, I want to thank you for the great comments regarding our beds, clean rooms and bathrooms. I will share your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance personnel.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I know the staff at the Days Inn will continue to exceed all of our guests expectations and we're glad you had a chance to experience a great stay. - Tom Ashbaugh, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
morgantown wv
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2011

The hotel room that I stayed in was very small and uncomfortable. I stayed one night and when I came back from my business visit on the second day afternoon, the room had not been cleaned at all. I complained to the manager who had to do the cleaning. Good thing was that the manager got me a room in the ad]acent Holiday Inn at the same rate and the room at the Holiday Inn was so nice (a night and day difference compared to the Days Inn)....I do not recommend staying at the Days Inn

Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
TorgersonProperties, Manager at Days Inn Austin, responded to this review, 28 February 2011
We are so sorry we missed cleaning your room during your stay. We are thankful our manager was able to accommodate you at our Holiday Inn next door for that evening. We really hope you will give us another try when in Austin. We would very much like to earn back your trust in our hotel.
St. John's
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

Booked this on my Wyndham Rewards - what a waste of points. The hotel was well beyond it's prime, but even worse it was dirty. There was a candy wrapper greetings us as we entered the room. The bathroom was filthy. The bathtub was filthy, the top of the shower was filthy, the bathroom counter was filthy, and the hair dryer was filthy. I guess you get what you pay for!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We apologize for your disappointing stay with us. It is our goal to provide a clean room where everything works and friendly service from our staff. We didn't meet your, or our, expectations and we are sincerely sorry. We will share your feedback with our entire staff, and particularly our housekeeping team, and use this information to improve all our guests' experience.
Fairmont, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2010

Decent place located right off on Interstate 90, by the Holiday Inn. Stayed on business and met my needs. Usually stay at Holiday, but they were sold out. Definately the next best option in town. Had wireless internet in my room and comfortable accomadations. Also went to Torg's bar and grill inside Holiday and had great food right next door.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

I have stayed here on my business travel route for nearily 20 years and have found the personel helpful. The rooms clean. I like the free Wi Fi, and located just off the interstate. Next door is a bar and restaurant. Also, a Perkins is right there too.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

When staying in Austin, MN for business someone had referred me to the Days Inn. Two nights only but it was nice, good free breakfast and what stood out more than anything was the friendliness of the entire staff. They know what good customer service is and that can make or break your hotel stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

I stayed here for some depositions recently and was treated very well. I checked into my room which looked and smelled very clean. I had some prep work to do before my meetings and the hotel staff was very helpful in accommodating my copying and printing needs. The manager also recommended a a great place to eat nearby. All in all, I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to everyone I know.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
0.1 km away
27.2 km away
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 10 in Albert Lea

Been to Days Inn Austin? Share your experiences!