“Fresh Ingredients Make The Best Pizza & MORE!”

Roman's Pizza House
Ranked #27 of 54 Restaurants in Absecon
Reviewed October 11, 2017

When Roman's came into Absecon, I thought, "Great! Here comes ANOTHER pizza place." Boy am I glad they came into town! With so many of the existing places either changing owners, cheating out on ingredients, or part of a chain, the difference that Roman's, a family-run restaurant, makes. Their pizzas come in 3 basic sizes: personal (enough for two, really), large, and Sicilian. (It's worth noting their Sicilian is thinner than other places--not too doughy.) They offer the standard varieties of pizza with a few unique ones: Grandma's (blobs of a chunkier sauce on top of a cheesy blend--best on a Sicilian crust), Bruscetta (with fresh tomatoes, onion, and basil), and a "When in Parma?" (white pizza with prosciutto, arugula, and balsamic drizzle). I've had all different kinds and they're great. I especially like that they offer caramelized onions as a topping. Get them instead of regular onions and you will never go back again!

They also offer traditional dinners and sandwiches (note...no cold subs like other pizza places). Their meatballs are made in house and fresh as can be. Not sure what's in them, but I know it has to be a combination of meats and other seasonings and ingredients that keep them moist. Not naming names, but a well-known Italian restaurant in Atlantic City's Ducktown neighborhood can't come CLOSE to Roman's meatballs. Their salads are enough for two people, and their white balsamic dressing is very unique!

They offer a small dining room, free local delivery, and pickup. I also like that you can order by internet. It makes ordering for a group of people easier where you just pass the iPad around.

Try Roman's instead of the others in the area. There is a difference!

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in to try the pizza and loved it. We had two Sicilian pieces and one with ricotta and broccoli both were wonderful. A must try for all.

Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

The salads were good. We got take out and the young lady at the register was wonderful. She was friendly and and helpful.

Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

My future brother-in-law introduced me to this place. If you're in the mood for a good pizza this is the place to go. It was the best pizza I had in a very long time.

I highly recommend the hungry dog meat lover stromboli.

Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

When Romans Pizza house moved into town I was amazed at the location they chose. They are literally in the middle of some of the best pizza places in the area. So we finally got around to trying them. First the good. The place was very clean, the waitress was top notch , the service was fast and the sausage Escarole soup was excellent . I guess going to a Pizza house I should have tried the pizza but they had a pretty good looking menu and I wasn't really in the mood for Pizza. So I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs. (Penne pasta) with a side order of sausage. The sausage was good. The spaghetti was ehhh. The sauce was ok but a little to thin and really kind of bland. The meatballs were ok but again nothing special. We had an order of garlic knots and they were ok but really didn't taste like garlic knots. Thin in taste once again.prices at the restaurant were a bit high especially for just ok food. I might go again to try the Pizza but with so many great places nearby it would be tough to go back for just ok. I know I didn't try Alot here but what I had I could not recommend. Like I said there are some of the best places in the area all around them.