“WORST STAY EVER” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Guilford, Maine
“WORST STAY EVER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

The hotel was great for the price! I was excited to stay in a place so close to AC at such a decent rate. The room was in Good condition- minus the glass that was not vacuumed up in the room and the constant leak of water in the bathroom behind the toilet. The towels.. you might as well call them rags. They charged us $6 for a phone fee, we only used it when THEY called US to see if we needed room service (very nice). We decided to stay an extra day and slept in a bit, so they nicely called us and demand we pay for the room in advance, they proceeded to charge us for an extra day without a word. (Also silly of us not to notice right away) When we got home we realized they had charged our credit card three separate times. One charge over $100 that had no relevance at all!

After calling the manager and having him insult us in countless ways, he finally refunded us the $100 charge but not for the extra night, claiming we said we had requested to stay that night. Do yourself a favor and just stay at a name brand hotel at least you know what you're getting yourself into.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ari8807

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

We were very disppointed with our stay at this hotel!! My fiance and I got there at approximately half-hout before check-in and the receptionist rudely told us none of the rooms were ready for check-in; so after our long trip,my fiance asked for a mens room & again she was rude telling us none was availbale; we had to go to Arbys to use the restrooms. The room was filthy and had a serious ANT problem!! the TV switches itself off every hour so it became annoying having to get up each time to switch it back on. The bed was horrible I barely slept because of the extremely uncomfortable mattress. We checked out early because the stay became unbearable!! The advertisement is misleading, there is no dvd or cable. The stay was the most unpleasant!! Horrible!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xhale17

Travellers are raving about these Absecon hotels

DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2010

I stayed at the motel last week for 2 days and I admit I made a horrible mistake staying here I would never to to a room with filthy bed dirty carpet and mold bathroom.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank jason1972Dc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

The hotels was really nice no noise and the front desk person was really respectful.... And only about 1/2 mile to the casinos...And you have a variety of food restaurants in the area I would recommend this hotel to anybody...The buses runs every hours...

• Stayed August 2010
Concord, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2010

I stayed in this hotel since I usually only get weeknight comps, and for a Friday the price was right. Stay here for the location; easy commuting to the casinos, and access to local cheap gas. Upon check-in, I tried to change my room from 2 doubles to 1 king (I was with my partner), and the woman told me "there was no availability" when clearly the place was half-empty. She also looked at me skeptically and said, "Non-smoking? You don't smoke?" When I said I don't smoke (never have and never will smoke, ick), she seemed to be disbelieving and said something about a $50 cleaning fee, almost as if she didn't believe me?! I suppose I can understand if past guests disrespect that policy, but it was odd to be questioned upon check-in.

The room has a fridge and microwave, which is cool. But the beds...ummm, not so much. Bouncy, rubbery-feeling mattresses; like uber-cheap. Handle to the closet door came off, and there's a hole in the ceiling of the room taped up with cardboard - maybe a room w/ fireplace formerly? Bizarre. The 'breakfast' is very basic: doughnuts, a small danish, coffee and juice.

Pros: Low price, appliances, commutable, free (reasonably reliable) internet. If you have pets they allow them for a fee, and I suppose that's a nice benefit.
Cons: Beds, slow warming shower, stern and odd questions from check-in staff.

My advice: pay a little more and opt for something a bit better.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NYandACguy
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2010

made reservation thru expedia.com. checked in 3/20/10 half hour early, room was ready. booked room with king size bed and smoking. very nice room, very clean, front desk staff was very nice and polite. water pressure in shower was good, room had a college sized fridge and microwave, also tv with remote. did not hear any noise from other guests and NO train noises what so ever. lots of places to eat and stores very close by. if you book for two people maybe you would want to ask for extra towels, coffee was hot when we checked out at 11am. overall 9.5 out of 10, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2010

We had a late flight in, and were just looking for a cheap place in a decent area to stay the night until we could check into our hotel in Atlantic City the next day. This motel served the purpose. The room was clean, and we did not hear the trains that other reviewers have compained about. The desk clerk was friendly, and when we reported to him that a couple of the vertical blind slats in our room were down, he came right away and fixed them. The beds were a little soft for my taste, but for the price, they were ok if you didn't have to sleep in them for more than a night or two. The breakfast consisted of some danish, coffee, and weak orange juice, but we weren't there for the food anyway and there were several restaurants close by. I would stay here again if I needed an room overnight or for a weekend.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
0.3 km away
0.6 km away
Crystal Inn & Suites
Crystal Inn & Suites
#7 of 18 in Galloway

Been to Superlodge? Share your experiences!